Is it possible?

Search This thread

ParrSt

Apr 23, 2011
Euless
Is it possible to use Odin to push a de-odexed stock ROM to the sprint GS5 without tripping knox? Or will the phone see that as a custom ROM and trip knox?

Bob

CCallahan

Oct 20, 2010
Rock Chalk
Is it possible to use Odin to push a de-odexed stock ROM to the sprint GS5 without tripping knox? Or will the phone see that as a custom ROM and trip knox?

Bob

It is possible. As far as I know a custom recovery and maybe custom kernel trip the knox counter.

Check this thread out HERE. It is for the Note 3 but no reason it shouldn't work on our device. I have never tried this so do at your own risk.

ParrSt

Apr 23, 2011
Euless
It is possible. As far as I know a custom recovery and maybe custom kernel trip the knox counter.

Check this thread out HERE. It is for the Note 3 but no reason it shouldn't work on our device. I have never tried this so do at your own risk.

My understanding was a custom ROM will trip it also.

Just wondering if the de-odexed ROM would be seen as a custom ROM? Just making sure I am clear. If I can go de-odexed, I can make all the mods I want without tripping knox.

Bob

Last edited:

serenesilence

Aug 18, 2014
I saw that Note 3 thread too and had this exact question, specifically for using the MOAR ROM. (not sure if the S5 one has a stock kernel option - the S3 installer did)

From what I've read, only the custom kernel or recovery trip it, but I was curious if anyone's had success on the S5 with that. I thought the S5 has KNOX 2.0, so I'm not sure if it still holds true as with KNOX 1.0. Anyone tested it?

Just wish there was a way to emulate my phone so I could test it without actually impacting the phone.