CWM for Tx 4.3 root + deodex for LB

Search This thread

devilmaycry2020

Apr 27, 2013
Well, you don't need CWM yet. The point is unlocking the bootloader so that you can flash the kernel I linked to above. Once you have an unlocked bootloader, you can flash any of the official 4.3 FTF files, and then flash the kernel, which comes with CWM.

Now, I backed up my TA partition while on 4.1.2, and only relocked the bootloader also while on 4.1.2, NOT 4.3, but since the DRM keys depend on your IMEI (as far as I know) and not on what ROM you're using, I don't see why there should be a problem. And since it does not affect the kernel or boot partition, your CWM should remain intact (AFAIK).

The good thing is that Backup-TA-9.10 has an option to just do a "dry-run restore". What this does is basically test the restore of the TA partition to see if all is good, and that way you don't need to actually risk something without knowing the outcome. If it detects it will fail, it will let you know, and you won't have had to restore something that would fail.

As you can see in the attached image, I did a "dry-run" restore (Backup made on 4.1.2 Global, and I'm currently on 4.3 USA official), and it detected no errors, so it would essentially relock your bootloader and restore your DRM keys. I haven't restored it because I have no interest in a locked bootloader, nor do I want to experiment with my phone right now.

As a reminder: Only restore your own TA partition/DRM keys; flashing one that does not belong to your phone will hardbrick it beyond recovery.

Edit: Found a post which supports my claim that relocking BL won't affect root.

thank for big help.
Here is my step if have anything wrong please let me know.
1. backup TA
2. unlock bootloader.
3. flash stock 4.3
4. flash leak 4.3 kernel with CWM built-in
5. flash SuperSU to get root
6. restore TA to lock bootloader.
7. finally i got stock 4.3 rooted, locked BL. Right ?

Antiga Prime

Sep 25, 2012
thank for big help.
Here is my step if have anything wrong please let me know.
1. backup TA
2. unlock bootloader.
3. flash stock 4.3
4. flash leak 4.3 kernel with CWM built-in
5. flash SuperSU to get root
6. restore TA to lock bootloader.
7. finally i got stock 4.3 rooted, locked BL. Right ?

I just realized/remembered something important, which I'm sure you would have caught on anyway, since you probably must have read the Backup-TA thread before downloading!!

Q: Can I restore my TA while running a ROM with a non-stock kernel?
A: Yes, but it will soft-brick your device and you need Sony PC Companion or Flashtool to fix it by flashing stock firmware. Best is to first return to a complete stock ROM or at least flash a stock kernel (do not confuse with stock based kernel!) before restoring the TA, this prevents the soft-brick.

The leaked 4.3 kernel isn't a stock kernel, that's why you need an unlocked bootloader for it to work, and if you do restore a stock kernel, you'll lose CWM. I imagine you'd still keep your root, but I wouldn't know where to go from there.

So unless you either flash stock kernel with Flashtool after flashing SuperSU, and then restore your TA partition (or vice-versa), you'll end up in a soft brick.

If you do it properly by flashing a stock kernel, and then restoring your TA partition, you'd probably still have root, for which you could then try this recovery (which would only work on a rooted TX).

IDK, I'm just giving ideas of what I would to, I haven't tested this out; it's just a theory.

On the other hand, why relock your bootloader?

devilmaycry2020

Apr 27, 2013
@Antiga Prime

thank for detail helping me. so there is no way to make CWM working with Locked bootloader . i've tried to install XT-lockeddualrecovery2.7.93-BETA ,it could boot to CWM but couldn't mount and couldn't flash anything.
i dont want to loose BE .

Top Liked Posts