Getting angry at this phone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

cbrehob

Jan 9, 2012
So, I've had the phone since launch. Overall things have been pretty good. However, I am starting to get frustrated.
Two major flaws that will make me put this phone up on Ebay and probably never go back to Samsung.

A. SD card is locked and I can't store big files on it. This morning I've started getting insufficient memory messages when updating my apps. Yet I have 10 gb of space still available on my SD card. Unacceptable.

B. Plugging a charger into this phone in the dark (when you come home late night after work and don't want to wake up your wife) is nearly impossible. Due to the size and awkwardness of the USB 3.0 port. I'd say I have a 10% chance of plugging in a traditional USB and 2% of plugging in the provided 3.0 USB cable without having to turn on a light.

Other issues.

-Camera still takes way too long to initialize.
-Samsung software isn't the greatest.
-There have been no updates from Samsung after launch. No phone is perfect, this one could also use some help.

I might grab the next generation HTC because I think they are really onto something.

Edit: not being able to root and fix these issues myself is the biggest flaw of all, if Samsung remains unrootable then I won't use their phones.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: zack370z

Dennisg34

Jan 30, 2013
New Hampshire
So, I've had the phone since launch. Overall things have been pretty good. However, I am starting to get frustrated.
Two major flaws that will make me put this phone up on Ebay and probably never go back to Samsung.

A. SD card is locked and I can't store big files on it. This morning I've started getting insufficient memory messages when updating my apps. Yet I have 10 gb of space still available on my SD card. Unacceptable.

B. Plugging a charger into this phone in the dark (when you come home late night after work and don't want to wake up your wife) is nearly impossible. Due to the size and awkwardness of the USB 3.0 port. I'd say I have a 10% chance of plugging in a traditional USB and 2% of plugging in the provided 3.0 USB cable without having to turn on a light.

Other issues.

-There have been no updates from Samsung after launch. No phone is perfect, this one could also use some help.

I might grab the next generation HTC because I think they are really onto something.

I've noticed 4.4.2 in general has bugs but yea. Kinda wishing I didn't sell my MDK S4 for this:-/

briantacker

Feb 9, 2012
Just FYI you can use the built in file manager to store files onto the sd card. Also when you plug the phone into the computer you can copy whatever you want to the sd card

xmoox

Mar 24, 2011

Other issues.

Edit: not being able to root and fix these issues myself is the biggest flaw of all, if Samsung remains unrootable then I won't use their phones.

I am in complete agreement with this. I had an HTC one m8 for a 10 days and couldn't stand the camera(I now relize it's not that bad) . But the software was top notch. After using the Samsung for 2 weeks I realized I had made a mistake and wanted to return it and go back to the m8. It was a much more enjoyable experience very slick software. I also hate how I have to turn on the light to plug this phone in. Also this camera takes a lot of blurry shots. Also the lag between apps. If htc releases a phone with a decent camera I might go with that. I've been also looking at the g3 and if that's unlocked on verizon I might just go with that. I'm sure if this had some modability I would be happy lol.

Last edited:

IamPro

Dec 2, 2010
I've been also looking at the g3 and if that's unlocked on verizon I might just go with that. I'm sure if this had some modability I would be happy lol.

There is a good chance it won't be unlocked (stock Kit Kat G2 can't be unlocked alth u can still root).

Martinjv71

Aug 8, 2007
Chicagoland
Maybe you should turn a light on once in a while to charge...just saying. To complain when you won't turn a small light on is so ridiculous.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Free mobile app

Nov 25, 2013
Maybe you should turn a light on once in a while to charge...just saying. To complain when you won't turn a small light on is so ridiculous.
Sent from my

Missing the point here methinx. When you've got someone sleeping like a baby in the same room and it is pitch black, turning on a light to plug a phone in is not only discourteous and rude, but is likely to get you a well deserved moan and potentially a slap from the aforesaid, previously sleeping, now awoken, partner.

Sent by Tapatalk Pro running my rooted Big Red HTC One M8

warriorpluto

Sep 11, 2008
in the streets racing
Missing the point here methinx. When you've got someone sleeping like a baby in the same room and it is pitch black, turning on a light to plug a phone in is not only discourteous and rude, but is likely to get you a well deserved moan and potentially a slap from the aforesaid, previously sleeping, now awoken, partner.

Lol you're right about that. I have no problem plugging my phone in the dark though, but I see where you're coming from

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Free mobile app

kilroy1stcav

Apr 21, 2008
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra

I got a 6 foot charger from Verizon, can't remember the brand, it was part of the package during the launch day of the s5, but it has a built it led in the tip so when you touch it it lights up so you can see what you are plugging it in to. It really helps, it was like $15 so not that bad of a deal plus as a disabled veteran I get 15% off accessories.

Hope that helps.

Reactions: bagery77
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sent from my

Other issues.

I got a 6 foot charger from Verizon, can't remember the brand, it was part of the package during the launch day of the s5, but it has a built it led in the tip so when you touch it it lights up so you can see what you are plugging it in to. It really helps, it was like $15 so not that bad of a deal plus as a disabled veteran I get 15% off accessories.

Hope that helps.