[Q] Strange battery issue!

Search This thread

classic20

Jun 25, 2013
Prishtinë
I have a rooted HOX with everything in stock version. I have tried solving this issue by myself but no matter what I do, it just wont go away.
I get HUGE battery drains whenever I have my wifi on. I don't use 3G or 4G, only wifi.

I thought it's a faulty battery at first, so I ran the battery test on the "HTC Function Test" (by dialing * # * # 3424# * #* in the dialer). For someone who is not familiar with it, it is a test which checks your battery usage in full brightness, screen always on, airplane mode ON for 60 minutes. If your battery discharges below 70% during the test, it means you have a faulty battery. Well, after 60 minutes my battery was at 81%.

I have underclocked the CPU's max speed at 1Ghz and tweaked the "Ondemand" governor a little so it stays more on the lower frequencies. I have also disabled ayto-sync and GPS location options and enabled the Power Saver option. I have also changed the network mode to GSM only (not sure if this makes a difference).

I also used Gsam battery monitor to monitor the battery usage and my "App usage" is the highest battery drain with Kernel (Android OS) always up there in the most apps that use the battery.

What do you suggest I do?

Last edited: