X18i Android dual SIM bought from Hong Kong

Search This thread
Dec 29, 2011
Hello, my name is Joseph Petri and I'm also having the same problem, I'm trying to solve but I can't, GPS also presents problems, only works with a wifi network, alone finds no satellite. You could solve your problem? If yes, can you help me? thank you

Hello,
I've the same problem with GPS.
He finds very quickly the sattelites (thanks to fasterfix), but when I'm using a GPS app. (sygic for example) for navigation, the position is not exact. Most of time I'm on the road close to my real position. Not very simple to go back at home :confused:
Is someone found a good navigation app or tool to fix this issue ?

thank you for your help

Last edited:

iw4nk

Feb 7, 2012
kumai
Dear friend i have root many times with different roms from recover mode but the screen is not changing it is opposite direction dear what should i do i should not upgrade my phone......please help me:crying:

before flashing new ROM, do you have wipe all data / factory reset ?

Sent from my X18i using xda premium

Red_Muze

Jun 13, 2012
No sounds from speakers - solved!

My x18i all of a sudden stopped playing any sound from the speaker. i was using amitkey's V2_2.3.6_e1108_v73_jbl1_signed_Amitkey9 at the time although my model is actually e1109_v73_jy1.
I tried everything i could think of including a wipe and a reflash of the rom, then other roms, and still no sound :(
any suggestions would be most welcome

i finally solved my sound issue, it was a software issue all along yay :D
to solve you need to clear your flash from the factory test zone:
power your X18i (or LT18i im not sure) withe the volume DOWN button at the same time, and select "clear flash"

now im back to amit's rom :)

shak18

Apr 29, 2012
For all of the people with network issues switching between 3g and wifi im happy to confirm you the fixed boot.img of iw4nk solve all those problems :laugh: so if you want to try it seems to be safe by now

Reactions: phoenixbr and iw4nk

Bozzy2580

Jun 27, 2012
recovery update

Hello iw4nk

I want to root my X18i so I try to do the recoveryMOD with SP flash tool but the "recoveryMOD for X18i" link on your blog only contains "recovery.img" and "MT6573_Android_scatter_X18.txt"

Should'nt there be more files like "logo.bin" and "system.img" and so on?

Very good guide by the way!

ramgzz

Oct 16, 2010

Hello iw4nk,

I'm from Mexico and I have a x18i too, In my country there are three cell operators Telcel, Movistar and Iusacell. it since a few weeks I trying to connect to Iusacell 3G in my phone but I cant. Do you know if your rom can fix this problem ?

Note: In the ingenniermode i have marked 850 and 1900 frequency like iusacell has in your 3G network

Sorry for the bad english and thanks to everyone ;)

Attachments

• serchnetwork.jpg
    serchnetwork.jpg
    250 KB · Views: 114
  • enginnermode.jpg
    enginnermode.jpg
    251.3 KB · Views: 118
  • myROM.jpg
    myROM.jpg
    250.4 KB · Views: 110

iw4nk

Feb 7, 2012
kumai
Hello iw4nk

I want to root my X18i so I try to do the recoveryMOD with SP flash tool but the "recoveryMOD for X18i" link on your blog only contains "recovery.img" and "MT6573_Android_scatter_X18.txt"

Should'nt there be more files like "logo.bin" and "system.img" and so on?

Very good guide by the way!

that right..... if you only want upgrade recovery, you no need logo.bin, system.img, etc because logo.bin, syste..img , etc is for upgrade/flash ROM.

Good luck friend
sip2.gif

Reactions: Bozzy2580

iw4nk

Feb 7, 2012
kumai
Hello iw4nk,

I'm from Mexico and I have a x18i too, In my country there are three cell operators Telcel, Movistar and Iusacell. it since a few weeks I trying to connect to Iusacell 3G in my phone but I cant. Do you know if your rom can fix this problem ?

Note: In the ingenniermode i have marked 850 and 1900 frequency like iusacell has in your 3G network

Sorry for the bad english and thanks to everyone ;)

Hi ramgzz,
I’m not sure... :). but, if you want try my rom, after upgrade your recovery (recomended) make backup first.

matrixtm

Jan 18, 2008
Hi!

Setup wizard finish error... and no way no how....
Help!

(sorry my bad english)
nice ROM , great.

Idontknoww

Dec 3, 2011
x18i

I hvae a x18i (I was buy it on dinodirect) todayI uploading X18i-20120315-e1109-v73-gq1002-ctp by smart phone flash tools . now flash light its not working and camera app says x18i the application camera (process com.mediatek.camera) stop... I think this phone new type x18i with different camera ..how can I find a rom
I dismantled phone:
board model : E1109 1028b1205230161
camera model: zedatek z3623f a3
I hope someone can help me

Last edited:

kingvasudev

Mar 28, 2012
HYDERABAD
hai bro
i too have the same problem
some suggested me to flash with new rom and i did ....but problem not solved
even the seller has got no answer and he paid me $20 refund
i am searching all over the net and there is not definite working solution...
i am living with it....

iw4nk

Feb 7, 2012
kumai
I hvae a x18i (I was buy it on dinodirect) todayI uploading X18i-20120315-e1109-v73-gq1002-ctp by smart phone flash tools . now flash light its not working and camera app says x18i the application camera (process com.mediatek.camera) stop... I think this phone new type x18i with different camera ..how can I find a rom
I dismantled phone:
board model : E1109 1028b1205230161
camera model: zedatek z3623f a3
I hope someone can help me

I’m not like with X18i Rom 15/03/2012.
in my blog, I have share step by step upgrade x18i with 08/03/2012 version.
try it ......

good luck....

iw4nk

Feb 7, 2012
kumai
hai bro
i too have the same problem
some suggested me to flash with new rom and i did ....but problem not solved
even the seller has got no answer and he paid me $20 refund
i am searching all over the net and there is not definite working solution...
i am living with it....

what your problem?

ramgzz

Oct 16, 2010
update baseband

Hello iw4nk

Would you share only de baseband of your rom ? I want to test to other baseband version to see if that solve my problem with 3G

Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Overclock X18i

Now, you can overclock x18i up to 800 mhz (default clock speed 650 mhz).
    On play market u can try mtk-test app. But, I have mtk-control (donate version) and if you want this app (mtk-control), click thanks for me and send PM. I will. Send download link for U. ;)

Thanks
    Sent from My X18i Using XDA Premium
    Step by step Flashing Original ROm X18i

Check here

But... Sorry
    My English is Not Good
    sedih.gif
    . I Hope U Can understand with this Tutoriall
    gitar.gif

If U like ... U can Give me Thanks
    sip2.gif
    Originally Posted by kingvasudev View Post

CAN ANY BODY UPLOAD SIGNED ROM.........
    I AM UNABLE TO SIGN ROM......
    SIGNATURE VERIFICATION FAILED
    ERROR IS COMMING

If you are already using recoveryMOD, and ROM is not signed, you can Fix it on recovery mode
    1. go to recovery mode
    2. select Flash zip from sdcard
    3. select Toogle signature verification and wait...
    4. choose zip from sdcard
    5. find your ROM and flash it..

BUT HOW TO GET RECOVERYMOD?

I was share instruction step by step flashing Original Rom Here
    But, If you only want flashing RecoveryMOD to your phone (X18i). you must download
    1. Sp FlashTool Here
    2. RecoveryMOD For X18i Here
    Extract to desktop your PC
    Next
    1. turn off u phone and remove batery
    2. Open SP FlashTool
    select Option > checklist "USB MODE"
    3. Select Scatter-loading. will open new window popup.Go to where you extract RecoveryMOD Folder and open MT6573_scatters.txt
    4. Put u battery to phone
    5. Select Download on SP FlashTool
    6. If u see Time. Connect Usb Cable to Phone (Must Quickly)
    Wait .....
    And DONE.... Turn On U Phone
    I Hope It Can Help U . AND SORRY MY ENGLISH NOT GOOD

For detail Visit My Web
    My X18i CookedROM

This Is My First CustomROM For X18i
    Make ICS Style On X18i :D
    if you want to try it, Please Click HERE

Oups...!
    If you like with my customROM, Please Click thanks for me

nagih.gif

ngayal2.gif
    New Custom ROM for X18i

thanks momofab, now i can flash my phone :D. i want share new custom rom for x18i from vness community.

MrTB v5 ROM
    Link: ww*.mediafire.com/?j1l8vlac9az679e
    Changelog:
    - Android 2.3.6
    - Fix bug completely unable to connect to 3g sim sim contacts remaining. Now you surf the web without worry miss call.
    - Add boot function in the second 3g sim. With this function the 2 slots support 3g sim. You can completely change mount 2 sim 3g and connect with a simple click, no need to remove your sim change. This function is located in Settings -> Wireless and networking -> Mobile networks -> 3g Services -> 3g:
    + The default is sim slot 1 (the outermost slot), you can switch between two arbitrary sim slot.
    + If you select Off, 2 sim will only GSM status. This for anyone not using 3G, or when new users are turned off to help take the pin.
    - Update the latest app, update ad blocking hosts.
    - Fix the catalytic response, more app also dropped in the previous version (which can be related to an app that can not be DC and the system).
    - Do not have much time so the new version is just the frame, not the optimal lot, not beauty. Everything that you will be home next patch or ROM. Make sure if fully optimized, 2.3.4 and 2.3.6 stronger 5 more ^ ^!
    Note:
    - Do you leave out the background to help take the pin. Rom so when finished will have black T lockscreen. You only need to change the lockscreen wallpaper inside bt will return.
    - All other guidelines as the previous version.
    - If there is anything, report immediately to his home.
    - Fix widget sense: At the Root explorer -> system -> app, find the file and delete it fr.clockwidget.lpsense.odex reboot.

i was tested :D. but some app is still with vnes language :( . sorry if my english is not good :p