[MOD][XXKQB]Swipe to Remove Notifications

Search This thread

nail16

Nov 20, 2011
Mumbai
got it installed on the moon rom, works fine. unfortunately, though, it kills off the other button settings in the status menu (i.e. there's also data connectivity, gps and so on, that you get to by swiping the buttons to the left)

so, ironically, your great work stops swiping :)

what do you mean by it kills off the other button settings ?
attach you'r framework and systemui file. i'll check it out.

Reactions: mihnead

RavoxX

Nov 12, 2011
ICS theme with this mod will be great.

but gotta find the perfect swipe setting first :)

please test it and let me know.

My impressions:

With the second version it is easier to swype to the right than to the left (I'm using the phone with my left hand and therefore would prefer to swipe to the left)

In the first version both ways feels same but in comparision to the second version it feels a bit better. But in general it feels strange that I HAVE to swype over a very short way, if I swype about a longer one it doesn't work.

rayiskon

Jan 9, 2011
Please let me know which one works the best or if they need to be tweaked more.

if u can shorten it a lil, i mean so u don't have to swipe till the end of the display,basically ur swiping thumb has to reach the end of the display for the notification to delete. i'm using the second version. don't know if it can be tweaked that way, but it would be great if it could :)

nail16

Nov 20, 2011
Mumbai
if u can shorten it a lil, i mean so u don't have to swipe till the end of the display,basically ur swiping thumb has to reach the end of the display for the notification to delete. i'm using the second version. don't know if it can be tweaked that way, but it would be great if it could :)
so you don't want to swipe till the end of the screen ?

crybert

Oct 15, 2011
You had made the deodex package so you know better,
what rom's framework.jar is it actually ?

As long as it work's how it's supposed to, there's no problem :)

If you took this one it should be the XXKQB :D
just made me wonder when I compared the files with WinMerge, but as long as it's working everything is okay

rayiskon

Jan 9, 2011
so you don't want to swipe till the end of the screen ?

well swiping till the end of the screen doesn't serve the purpose of making it a tweak to quickly remove the notification, coz if u release too early u're gonna have to swipe over and over again till u get it, at least that was in my case. my opinion is that if the border was a lil before the end of the display it would be more efficient, but i don't want to give u more work to do, it's up to u to choose the values u think are best ;)

RavoxX

Nov 12, 2011

You have to swype till the end? I have to swype just about 1cm that it works.

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

FlorisNL

Jun 28, 2011
Amersfoort
Thanks for this mod :) I would like a version which you'll have to slide the whole bar :)

Sent from my GT-I9001 using xda premium

rayiskon

Jan 9, 2011

the swipe to the left is a lil problematic, but to the right is flawless (for my taste), and reacts very quickly to my swipe (don't know about u guys) , nways, i'm keeping the test3 for sure, it serves it's purpose, thanks a lot nail, u're the man ;)

mihnead

Jan 9, 2011
Bucharest
Hi, sorry for the delay, i'm referring to the buttons in the status menu, i.e. wifi, bluetooth, gps etc. before installing the v2 zip, you could scroll that bar and get to data and so on. once i've installed it, while your mod works as advertised, you can't scroll the top buttons anymore. this is the rom and i think you can get the files you requested from it, it's running what you're seeing at screenshot 2

Attachments

• SC20120409-231025.jpg
    SC20120409-231025.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 129
  • SC20120410-003915.jpg
    SC20120410-003915.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 126

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys, I have Ported swipe to remove notifications for the I9001,
    It's similar to the ICS one, thanks to hansip87 for his Porting guide :)

I have created a CWM package, just flash it via FeaMod Recovery, (stock recovery might work, haven't tried it)
    the phone will take quite some time to bootup after installation, don't worry :)

Remember you require XXKQB deodexed firmware, So deodex before trying this mod.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emGp...DvjVQa1PpcFPn6dwKkWC1MMm4clPvDKa5ZylOiPvUveI=

EDIT: tweaked the animation's slightly in (2), will be easier to swipe with the thumb now.you'll notice that swiping left will be easier, than swiping right, cause our thumb doesn't move in a linear motion while swiping right (if you are right handed) this can be tweaked.

Please let me know which one works the best or if they need to be tweaked more.

EDIT:Added Package for Moon ROM v4.0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFQN...DvjVQa1PpcFPn6dwKkWC1MLdqyRxI0qOBOQqSwbLsC_M=

EDIT: Added package for BroodRom.

EDIT:Set the packages to half swipe, this means you have to swipe from one edge to the center or slightly ahead.

If you liked this Mod then please press the thank's button :)
    Build a completely ICS-themed version (without 13-toogles-mod), here is the link

http://www.mediafire.com/?y1ipi3ynmitt7iq
    It's a MOD to clear notifications from the status bar by swiping (like ICS).
    ICS theme with this mod will be great.

but gotta find the perfect swipe setting first :)

please test it and let me know.
    I replaced the entry, cause i couldn't compile when i added a different hex code would have trouble with the sswith not defined,
    so i compared my StatusBarService.smali with the captivate and found out that that static field was missing, so i decided to replace it with the clearnotification.

yup i spent hour's and hour's like a mad man comparing diferent smali files :)