Update to ICS available this morning

Search This thread

locn

Apr 19, 2010
Gold Coast
Anyone else finding ics unstable? After upgrading I've found my a100 to freeze much more often. Its becoming a pain in the a$$ actually.

Sent from my A100 using Tapatalk

danifunker

Sep 12, 2011
Toronto
www.funkervogt.com
Anyone else finding ics unstable? After upgrading I've found my a100 to freeze much more often. Its becoming a pain in the a$$ actually.

It's had similar issues, do you have an external SDcard? I had issues with my extsd that were causing my tab to freeze and run battery. It took me a few times to reformat it using a pc in order to fix. So far 0 freezes in the last couple of days

Sent from my A100 using Tapatalk 2

locn

Apr 19, 2010
Gold Coast
It's had similar issues, do you have an external SDcard? I had issues with my extsd that were causing my tab to freeze and run battery. It took me a few times to reformat it using a pc in order to fix. So far 0 freezes in the last couple of days

Actually I do have a sdcard. Good point I'll take it out and see if It improves. I'll report back in a few days.

Cheers.

grod777

Nov 8, 2011
Other than the freezes has anyone had any other issues? Like issues with apps not working.
I am hesitant to upgrade.
I have the stock HC. If I upgrade OTA can I revert back to my stock HC using a factory reset if I have issues?

b1lk1

Sep 26, 2011
Acton, Ontario
No, once you flash it there is no going back without some work. That being said, I have thoroughly enjoyed ICS on this tablet, far more than on my phone and the TF101 I used to have. You will not regret it.

New ICS update for A100?

I just got a system update prompt tonight on my A100 here in the US.

After a small ~15meg download and restart the system now indicates:

IMAGE ver: Acer_AV041_A100_RV16RC02_WW_Gen1
BUILD #: Acer_AV041_A100_1.037.00_ww_Gen1

I already had the major ICS update from a month or so ago.

Anyone else get this or know what it fixed?

BlueIce

Dec 9, 2007
Where I am
I received this update about 3 weeks ago

I just got a system update prompt tonight on my A100 here in the US.

After a small ~15meg download and restart the system now indicates:

IMAGE ver: Acer_AV041_A100_RV16RC02_WW_Gen1
BUILD #: Acer_AV041_A100_1.037.00_ww_Gen1

I already had the major ICS update from a month or so ago.

Anyone else get this or know what it fixed?

I received this update about 3 or 4 weeks ago and had to reroot after the update but root went smooth. As for any changes NO I have not noticed any changes, well I say I have not noticed any changes but things are running much smoother I have had ZERO lockups and freezes.

locn

Apr 19, 2010
Gold Coast

Thanks mate. Took out my sdcard and it runs much more smoothly now haven't put the card back in as I haven't needed it.

Top Liked Posts