Help: Can't start the phone

Search This thread

billm21

Dec 14, 2013
I tried to install a custom rom, but failed. Now when I try to start my phone, the HBOOT screen appears. I tried a factory reset, but no result. Please help.

Hi,
Please, could you post more information about the problem? Such as the rom installed, thread that explains how to install the rom and steps you followed, anything unusual that draw your attention while installing, without more information it will be really difficult to help you.
Regards.

izi501

Jul 19, 2012
Nantes
I tried to install a custom rom, but failed. Now when I try to start my phone, the HBOOT screen appears. I tried a factory reset, but no result. Please help.

Seems like
your bootloader doesn't find any bootable partition... Maybe your kernel hasn't been flashed correctly...

Hi,
Please, could you post more information about the problem? Such as the rom installed, thread that explains how to install the rom and steps you followed, anything unusual that draw your attention while installing, without more information it will be really difficult to help you.
Regards.

But I totally agree with @ukyo_tachibana, without more information it'll be very difficult to help you ? Try to be more specific.

Envoyé depuis mon LG Marteau avec Tapatalk

billm21

Dec 14, 2013
Hi,
Regards.

Well, I was trying to install the ROM [4.1.2][AROMA][LINARO] Marvellous CM10 - Nightlies. First, I downloaded a ROM which was broken. But I didn't notice. I copied all the files to my SD card. Then I entered my HBOOT menu and ran

>wipe data
>wipe cache partition
>wipe Dalvik cache

I got previously installed CWM 5.0.2.8 in my phone. I tried to run the "Superwipemarvelcedition.zip" but it said fail and need to reboot. I rebooted my phone and tried to installed the ROM through "install zip from sdcard". But I got a message saying "bad file". Then I checked the file and found this broken. I downloaded the ROM again and tried to install it. This time I was successful and at the last step it said to reboot the phone. I rebooted; but it automatically entered the FASTBOOT option of the HBOOT. I removed the battery, put it back and tried to start the phone. But the same thing happened. I repeated the same procedure twice, but found no change of the condition.

That's all I can remember.

Last edited:

izi501

Jul 19, 2012
Nantes
Well, I was trying to install the ROM [4.1.2][AROMA][LINARO] Marvellous CM10 - Nightlies. First, I downloaded a ROM which was broken. But I didn't notice. I copied all the files to my SD card. Then I entered my HBOOT menu and ran

>wipe data
>wipe cache partition
>wipe Dalvik cache

I got previously installed CWM 5.0.2.8 in my phone. I tried to run the "Superwipemarvelcedition.zip" but it said fail and need to reboot. I rebooted my phone and tried to installed the ROM through "install zip from sdcard". But I got a message saying "bad file". Then I checked the file and found this broken. I downloaded the ROM again and tried to install it. This time I was successful and at the last step it said to reboot the phone. I rebooted; but it automatically entered the FASTBOOT option of the HBOOT. I removed the battery, put it back and tried to start the phone. But the same thing happened. I repeated the same procedure twice, but found no change of the condition.

That's all I can remember.

Did you try to install the rom again, after a full wipe (without using Superwipemarvelcedition.zip) ?

Envoyé depuis mon LG Marteau avec Tapatalk

billm21

Dec 14, 2013
Finally, I got the problem solved. Probably, it was a fault of the ROM or something. I downloaded CM 10.1 and flashed it. Now my phone is working fine. Thanks all for helping me. :)

fonewrecker

Nov 19, 2013
Taipei
How long was the initial boot time?

Finally, I got the problem solved. Probably, it was a fault of the ROM or something. I downloaded CM 10.1 and flashed it. Now my phone is working fine. Thanks all for helping me. :)

Hi - could you please tell me how long your boot time was after flashing? I've been waiting for quite a while now...