[APP]SMS FIX TIMESTAMP FIX for NRG'S GB ROM

Search This thread

elwaxman

Aug 24, 2010
I just changed the mms.apk that came with the rom, to one that i had on another rom(Bulletproof). And it worked like a charm, here is a screen shot of it..
2012-04-14_19-53-09.jpg

the link is at the bottom of post

Then just use root explorer mount as rw then make a backup of your mms.apk located in system/app (i would save it to the external sd card) then copy and paste the new mms.apk to system/app and set permissions..
I cant post to the development section yet so if anyone can put a link to this thread in nrg's thread that would be great.....;)

Attachments

• Mms.apk
    3.4 MB · Views: 87
Last edited:

elwaxman

Aug 24, 2010
Link Fixed

I just changed the attached files link, idont know what i did but it should work now....

P.S. Thanks Glacierguy

MildewMan

Dec 25, 2010
Saint Louis, MO
Was the timestamp thing happening on every text message, or just some of them? Are you sure this fixes it? (I'm going to install it, but I have kept WiFi calling off for a long time now just because of this...just want to be sure this 100% fixes it before I turn it back on)

elwaxman

Aug 24, 2010
Was the timestamp thing happening on every text message, or just some of them? Are you sure this fixes it? (I'm going to install it, but I have kept WiFi calling off for a long time now just because of this...just want to be sure this 100% fixes it before I turn it back on)

Yes it fixes it, but the only way to know is just try it out for yourself.. just make a backup of your mms.apk before and your good.....

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk

Reactions: MildewMan

Lulzmaster

Jan 9, 2011
Houston
Is there any way you could go a little more in depth with the instructions? I'm used to something that is a lot less annoying to work with (I came from a G2) so I'm lost as how to replace the MMS.APK. I can't do anything through the file manager with the one that is there, and it won't let me write to that folder. Help?

elwaxman

Aug 24, 2010
Is there any way you could go a little more in depth with the instructions? I'm used to something that is a lot less annoying to work with (I came from a G2) so I'm lost as how to replace the MMS.APK. I can't do anything through the file manager with the one that is there, and it won't let me write to that folder. Help?

I used an app called Root Explorer, it allows you to mount the system as r/o which means read only, and mount r/w which means read write. This allows you to copy, paste, delete to Android system files very easily, but be careful this is where you can really cause a problem if you don't what you are doing.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1334843301507.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1334843301507.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 71
  • uploadfromtaptalk1334843323332.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1334843323332.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:

Lulzmaster

Jan 9, 2011
Houston
I have ES File Explorer (what comes with the Rom) and I've been messing around with it. I get the new .apk copied but when I navigate to the system folder it says I don't have permission to do anything, I'm assuming because I haven't mounted the /system folder?

Edit- scratch that, I think I got it working. Won't be able to test to see if it worked but the icon is unthemed... So we shall see.

Also, through the "share" context menu, messaging doesn't pop up anymore, after a restart. Any way to change that?

Last edited:

elwaxman

Aug 24, 2010
I have ES File Explorer (what comes with the Rom) and I've been messing around with it. I get the new .apk copied but when I navigate to the system folder it says I don't have permission to do anything, I'm assuming because I haven't mounted the /system folder?

Edit- scratch that, I think I got it working. Won't be able to test to see if it worked but the icon is unthemed... So we shall see.

Also, through the "share" context menu, messaging doesn't pop up anymore, after a restart. Any way to change that?

I'm not sure why the share feature is not working with es file explorer but it works on root explorer, Lulzmaster check you pm box......

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1334882673144.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1334882673144.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 73

ickedmel

Jul 10, 2010
I just changed the mms.apk that came with the rom, to one that i had on another rom(Bulletproof). And it worked like a charm, here is a screen shot of it..
View attachment 1004265

Then just use root explorer mount as rw then make a backup of your mms.apk located in system/app (i would save it to the external sd card) then copy and paste the new mms.apk to system/app and set permissions..
I cant post to the development section yet so if anyone can put a link to this thread in nrg's thread that would be great.....;)

Thanks for the fix man. I used root explorer and text time stamp issue is fixed. thanks a bunch!

Reactions: elwaxman

ernieg92

Apr 19, 2012
Denver Metro
Google Pixel 5

Okay, I followed these instructions (files copied without any errors). When I click on the new mms.apk, it tries to install it as a system application (I have non-market installations allowed). However, when I click "Install" it does it's little thing and then says "Application not installed". Is there a step missing somewhere? Thanks.

MildewMan

Dec 25, 2010
Saint Louis, MO
I pulled the stock mms.apk from the ICS leak rom. This could be identical to the one in the OP, but may want to try this one if on ICS Energy. Don't forget to fix permissions afterwards.

Attachments

• Mms.apk
    2.6 MB · Views: 3

elwaxman

Aug 24, 2010
I pulled the stock mms.apk from the ICS leak rom. This could be identical to the one in the OP, but may want to try this one if on ICS Energy. Don't forget to fix permissions afterwards.

Try pulling the the MMS.odex as well, make a backup of the original mms.apk and mms.odex and push the new ones to system/apps and set permissions, i went back to stock ics for now so i cant test this...:D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2012-04-14_19-53-09.jpg

I used an app called Root Explorer, it allows you to mount the system as r/o which means read only, and mount r/w which means read write. This allows you to copy, paste, delete to Android system files very easily, but be careful this is where you can really cause a problem if you don't what you are doing.

Awesome, thanks!

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using XDA

Yes it fixes it, but the only way to know is just try it out for yourself.. just make a backup of your mms.apk before and your good.....

View attachment 1004265

Thanks for the fix man. I used root explorer and text time stamp issue is fixed. thanks a bunch!