[Q] can my n9005 root while knox is 0x1 ??

Search This thread

Ninomaxx

Sep 26, 2007
Hồ Chí Minh
Hi everybody,

I have just bough a n9005. And my bad is not check the bootloader. So now my device is lock by knox (see image)

My question is can i root my note? If i can, please advice me best method to root my new wife ^_^

Thanks very much,

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda premium

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1404618722998.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1404618722998.jpg
    169.9 KB · Views: 85

Bibz0r

Nov 12, 2012
Saint-Donat
Hi Ninomaxx,

The Knox 0x1 that you see doesn't lock or block you from doing anything. It's only there to tell the carrier/manufacturer that you have modified your software, thus losing your warranty. Other than that, it doesn't do anything else. To root your device, I suggest you search the forums, you'll find a guide, I'm sure.

EDIT : I found one post for you (but you can find other posts too) : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2466423
EDIT2 : And another one : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2540853

Last edited:
Reactions: Ninomaxx

Ninomaxx

Sep 26, 2007
Hồ Chí Minh
One more question, can I update OTA after I root my device. And any change in my bootloader? Such as change from "Official" to "Custom" ????

Thanks,:D

Ninomaxx

Sep 26, 2007
Hồ Chí Minh
can I update OTA after root my phone? ^_^. Because I want my phone up-to-date with Samsung server and I also want to root my phone.

any advice plzz

Ninomaxx

Sep 26, 2007
Hồ Chí Minh
If the rom youre on supports OTA then yes. official samsung updates wont work as they detect the system status.

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

That's my considering. My System Status = Official. I am worrying about after i root my device, the system status change to "Custom" ==> my device cannot update OTA anymore.

So The "System status" change to Custom after I root my device????? :good:

speedyjay

Oct 22, 2011
Farnborough
That's my considering. My System Status = Official. I am worrying about after i root my device, the system status change to "Custom" ==> my device cannot update OTA anymore.

Correct. Then you wont receive official samsung updates. However, if you switch roms then devs will update their base as and when a new base becomes available. So in heinsight you're not really missing out on anything because you're getting the update plus more so I guess in this case (if you root) you get more for your money :)

Bibz0r

Nov 12, 2012
Saint-Donat

Try this :

1. Odin back to original stock (if you're already on stock, ignore this step)
2. Odin to root your device (TowelRoot or Root de la Vega)
3. Install Xposed Framework + Wanam Xposed, then in "Security hack" choose "Fake system status" (this will change your OS to "Official")
4. Reboot twice, Enable SuperSu Pro, check the Survival Mode option
5. Install the OTA update.
6. Disable Survival Mode in SuperSu Pro.

This should get you OTA updates AND root. Enjoy :)

Let me know how it went.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi Ninomaxx,

The Knox 0x1 that you see doesn't lock or block you from doing anything. It's only there to tell the carrier/manufacturer that you have modified your software, thus losing your warranty. Other than that, it doesn't do anything else. To root your device, I suggest you search the forums, you'll find a guide, I'm sure.

EDIT : I found one post for you (but you can find other posts too) : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2466423
    EDIT2 : And another one : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2540853
    One more question, can I update OTA after I root my device. And any change in my bootloader? Such as change from "Official" to "Custom" ????

Thanks,:D

Bootloader is "upgraded" when you flash stock 4.4 over 4.3.
    And your warranty doesnt necessarily get voided because, if youre in the EU, statutory law dictates that service centres have to prove that the malfunction was directly caused by us changing or modifying system software. This is statutory law in the EU only. See here https://fsfe.org/freesoftware/legal/flashingdevices.en.html

can I update OTA after root my phone? ^_^. Because I want my phone up-to-date with Samsung server and I also want to root my phone.

any advice plzz

If the rom youre on supports OTA then yes. official samsung updates wont work as they detect the system status.

Correct. Then you wont receive official samsung updates. However, if you switch roms then devs will update their base as and when a new base becomes available. So in heinsight you're not really missing out on anything because you're getting the update plus more so I guess in this case (if you root) you get more for your money :)