Has anyone tried Nexus 4 before note2?

Search This thread

Jaimesco12

Apr 28, 2012
I loved my N4. The screen was way much better and felt much smoother than my note 2. Other than that the note 2 is better. Except for updates and development. Man do I miss stock aosp

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda premium

thompsos

Jul 18, 2007
Dallas/Ft Worth, TX
I have a Note II; my wife has a Nexus 4. Our use cases are vastly different; I rooted mine on day one, am running a custom ROM (Paranoid Android), have a number of microSD cards that I swap as needed, and have tweaked my phone so as to be as far from stock as possible. My wife's phone is not rooted, she uses the standard launcher/everything with a few widgets, and her experience is as close to stock as possible.

We both love our phones.

Last edited:

ericshmerick

Apr 7, 2006
Had a N4...twice...and kept coming back to the Note 2.

The battery on the N4 is horrible. You can literally watch the power meter drop as you use it. No thanks.

Also, the speaker is a joke. Tinny city.

Lastly, it just felt like another cellphone whereas the Note 2 is literally a tablet computer. No contest.

The N4 is what it is - a cheap unlocked phone. That's what it's good for and nothing more. I love pure google and all, but it's no contest. The Note 2 is a far superior device in every conceivable way.

Kawaisa

Oct 31, 2011
Yeah...I very much dislike the Nexus 4 after using it for a few days now.

Coming from previous smartphones, the Nexus 4 isn't that bad but after using the Note 2, you really do miss being able to have 6 hours of screen time. The screen on the N4 just seems so tiny.

Plus I can't fit my huge music collection on the 13GB of available storage.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Note 2 is the best....

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda premium
    I didn't say you were an idiot. I said don't be one. And fair enough with your response. I see your point. But still don't understand it. If you take the time to give useful information you should at least put some effort into it ya know??

And "I'm not your bro buddayyy!!"

And nobody asked for a book report. But also probably wasn't expecting a vague reply either.

I hear ya and agree with your posts as well. We just think differently and don't see eye to eye which is fine. I'm all about qualifying the person based on their needs and finding the product that meets them. Here's some info below.

Note II

I said it was more aimed towards power, business, and entertainment users, vague yes, but its not that difficult.

The Screen: Perfect for all those business and entertainment users who love watching Netflix, edit documents/ pictures, surf, and multitask... . but for the average user who doesn't do to much of that is it a waste? Probably. My co-worker thinks so and guess what he's getting.. yep a Nexus. He hates the large screen. He find's it annoying and is worried about privacy.

Device size: "is that a note 2 in your pocket or are you happy to see me"... yeah its big. Maybe too big to the average user who just wants a normal phone to talk, text, and mess with apps and games. Some people just want a fast normal size phone.

Software features: Do we really need all these cool features? I don't use half, but they'll cool to have and to brag about! pop up browser, notes, air view, smart stay, etc.. Apple is going down. :D

Battery Life: This might be the best part of this phone (for me). Take it off the charge at 8 a.m. still have 50% at 8 p.m. Now thats sweet.

Storage: Yes! I have 16gb of local storage, 64 on my micro sd card, 50 on my box account, and another 75 on drop box... How much do we really need?

Nexus

"the Nexus is more your traditional smartphone, used for calls, text, pictures, and apps."

Screen: Bigger than most traditional smartphones, but easier to handle and carry around. Yep. This will appeal to most Traditional smartphone users. Think Apple, haven't they sold a few phones over the past few years?

Device Size: Pocket friendly. Do I say more?

Software features: What can I say, pure Android. A lot of ppl love it.. but most have no idea what that means. Updates faster, smoother, and none of the bloat our carriers love to put on it.

Battery: Honestly no idea, but i'm sure its good with a 2100 mAH battery in it. My friend never complains.

Storage: Trust me, some people dont care. They have a reason to buy the phone they want. Brand loyalty, stock jelly bean, or maybe because it fits their needs and doesn't include stuff they won't ever use.

This is only my opinion to help the OP's question. It's all about your needs and wants. Judge it off that and do whats right for you.

One last thing. I never said this. "then turning around and saying one is not geared for media when it has the fastest quad core processor and GPU packed into any available mobile handset at the moment.""

Sources:

Personal experience and job.

http://www.lg.com/us/cell-phones/lg-LGE960

http://www.samsung.com/us/the-next-big-thing-galaxy-note-ii/?cid=ppc-
    Nexus 4 gets the Android updates quicker. And Nexus 4 has a vanilla Android experience. Which you will end up changing with a rom or at least a home launcher. So why worry about the vanilla stock experience when you going to change it anyway?

Outside of that the Galaxy Note 2 is better in every way.
    Galaxy Note 2 has that is either better than Nexus 4 or what Nexus 4 doesn't have:
    Oled screen
    Larger screen
    Larger battery capacity
    Easy removal battery
    LTE (when and where available)
    Ability to add a SD-Card
    MultiWindow
    S Pen
    Smart Gestures
    And so much more.....

Just doesn't make sense going from Galaxy Note 2 to Nexus 4.

Maybe trading up a Galaxy Note 2 for Galaxy S4, when it comes out, or Galaxy Note 3, when it comes out, makes sense. But Nexus 4 is a downgrade coming from Galaxy Note 2.

What is so appealing about Nexus 4 that you don't get from Galaxy Note 2?

Summary of Devices

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (SGH-T889)
    Android Version: 4.1.1 Jelly Bean
    Build: JRO03C.T889UVALL4 (Rooted)
    Root Method: mrRobinson injected root stock rom
    Superuser: SuperSu Pro v1.0
    Busybox: Busybox v1.20.2

Device: Motorola DROID X
    Android Version: 2.3.3 Gingerbread
    Build: 4.5.605.Accurate_Battery (Rooted)