[ROM][Vision][21-05-2012][Virtuous Primadonna v1.21.0 Alpha 3] Sense 4A - 4.0.3

Search This thread

moolash

Mar 10, 2009
publicity

There's was NO OFFENCE in my post #2 that started "the fire".
I pointed out, this ROM should get more publicity because it is a VERY GOOD ROM!
I'd rather want Virtuous here than there.
Now it's just one more thread to discuss in. :(

The first (ICS) one IMO that was my daily driver even without the camera working.

bradley_e_smith

Oct 19, 2009
Florida
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3
Tired of searching,finding,edit,getting mods,adds all day. Going for a beer now (Earth Hour).
i think wifi calling is not working couse when i flashed the app is working fine and connects to wifi network but i dont have signal, zero signal bars.(maybe becouse im not a T-Mobile user)
Cheers.

I tried this rom and the wifi calling worked for me (I'm a t-mobile customer in U.S.)

Sent from my G2 using xda premium

Reactions: masterismos

otariq

Feb 17, 2012
Wow this rom is awesome, can't wait for a working camera. The only thing I don't like about sense4 is the keyboard. I love the original ics keyboard anyway of using that on this rom? Also is there a way to map the ? key on the hw keyboard it doesn't seem to work. I wish this had the lockscreen weather animation though, it's the only thing I miss from sense3

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA

masterismos

Sep 13, 2011
Nafpaktos
Wow this rom is awesome, can't wait for a working camera. The only thing I don't like about sense4 is the keyboard. I love the original ics keyboard anyway of using that on this rom? Also is there a way to map the ? key on the hw keyboard it doesn't seem to work. I wish this had the lockscreen weather animation though, it's the only thing I miss from sense3

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA

I miss the weather animations too. also this is a sense 4A port. i think the sense 4V has more feautures. About the "?" i try to find a fix but i didn't. I will search more.

Aresmar

Aug 16, 2011
Reactions: masterismos

masterismos

Sep 13, 2011
Nafpaktos
This file has fixed the not working hw "?" key for another rom but it is Turkish keyboard fix. But I think you can find the problem with comparing the file. ;)

http://depositfiles.com/files/rf2dfquxd

thanks man.
edit: why is a '.bin' file?. i renamed your file and put it to system/usr/keychars fixed permitions to rw,r,r changed language to turkish and didnt worked. i get keychars/keylayout folders from audacity still dont work. are you sure works 100%? is the other rom a sense v4A rom?
edit2: ok i find why is bin. i will check smth and see.

Last edited:

Aresmar

Aug 16, 2011
That file is not from ICS but I thought it my enlighten you why "? key" would be disabled. Cause when I put that file to my MIUI rom that fixed my ? key not typing.

That file was a general file which was available in all roms I looked for but I am not sure of ICS roms I havent yet tried any ICS rom.

Just thought it might help. :)

I install it like this if it helps:

adb shell
mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system
busybox cp /sdcard/vision-keypad-tur.kcm.bin /system/usr/keychars/

masterismos

Sep 13, 2011
Nafpaktos
That file is not from ICS but I thought it my enlighten you why "? key" would be disabled. Cause when I put that file to my MIUI rom that fixed my ? key not typing.

That file was a general file which was available in all roms I looked for but I am not sure of ICS roms I havent yet tried any ICS rom.

Just thought it might help. :)

I install it like this if it helps:

that file is from a gingerbread rom thats the reason why is not working.

Aresmar

Aug 16, 2011
Yes I know I didnt think it will work straight. I thought you mgiht be able to see the difference maybe inside the file. But I dont know much about it. The guy that fixed it for gingerbread made it with an hex editor I am sure. It is funny ICS file has the same issue ? key not working. It might be related to something about US keyboard and EU keyboard difference or something. dunno.

DRSdroid

May 13, 2011
just curious.. is this rom based off of the one V, and does it offer the 25gb dropbox upon set up? :D

masterismos

Sep 13, 2011
Nafpaktos
I never get the 25 gb storage from dropbox in all sense v4 roms. i was enabled my account before get in with a sense rom. maybe this was the reason. i have 6gb now and i think is enough for me. but i will be so happy if a have 31 gb ;) . does anyone know what to do?

Max)

Nov 30, 2010
I never get the 25 gb storage from dropbox in all sense v4 roms. i was enabled my account before get in with a sense rom. maybe this was the reason. i have 6gb now and i think is enough for me. but i will be so happy if a have 31 gb ;) . does anyone know what to do?

You need to go inside the dropbox app, the account sync is not enough

ill_dawg

Jun 24, 2007
Jakarta
Not a fix, but a temporary workaround for the ? Problem on the hw keyboard.

1. Download and install 'z arrow' free from the market (great free app anyhow)

2. Type and copy a ? using the sw keyboard

3. go to 'input special characters (code)'

4. Hit +, open hw keyboard, select the first box, hit ? Key. Box should say 224

5. Change the action to 'input character', paste the ? You copied earlier into the 2nd box.

6. Now, you can hit menu+? To type ?.

I have the app set to auto switch to z-arrow when I pull out the kb, so I never have to worry if it's running. It's not a perect solution, but it's better than nothing. It seems like keypress 224 just isn't mapped to anything. Maybe someone with a greater knowlege of coding than me can fix this for reals, but hopefully this workaround can help people until then.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk

shortlived

Apr 4, 2009
Goto the virtuousrom bug tracker i posted how to fix this, with some files to fix it.
http://development.virtuousrom.com/tracker/issues/1128

Last edited:
Reactions: Aresmar

masterismos

Sep 13, 2011
Nafpaktos
Goto the virtuousrom bug tracker i posted how to fix this, with some files to fix it.
http://development.virtuousrom.com/tracker/issues/1128

Hi. I'm from my phone now and can't check the link. If you are the guy who post a keylayout rar file, I have to say that this don't work. I replace with your files edit the line 214 where is the ? Key and again doesn't work. Sorry if is another fix. I will check when I go home.
Edit: I check the link. No those files doesn't work. Or in doing something wrong.

send from other space

shortlived

Apr 4, 2009
Let me double check the files when I get to my comp in about an hour. Try running fix permissions and reboot. I will make more of a guide and maybe learn how to make a flashable zip if that will help.

I should have been more specific. If you copy the files from the rar you dont need to change anything.

Quick update, I couldn't find anything wrong in the files, they should work.

1. Copy all files from http://50.118.81.124/files/keylayout.rar to /system/usr/keylayout/
2. Run fix permission or change all permission too rw- r-- r--
3. Reboot

Please let me know if this works for you now.

Last edited:

masterismos

Sep 13, 2011
Nafpaktos
Let me double check the files when I get to my comp in about an hour. Try running fix permissions and reboot. I will make more of a guide and maybe learn how to make a flashable zip if that will help.

I should have been more specific. If you copy the files from the rar you dont need to change anything.

Quick update, I couldn't find anything wrong in the files, they should work.

1. Copy all files from http://50.118.81.124/files/keylayout.rar to /system/usr/keylayout/
2. Run fix permission or change all permission too rw- r-- r--
3. Reboot

Please let me know if this works for you now.

My friend, i think your files are for sense 3.x or for gingerbread roms. those files doesnt exist in the system/usr/keylaout folder. So im sure you havent checked by yourself becouse you will realise that this rar doesn't fix the '?' prob. anyway, thanks for your try but is better before you post a fix to try it first like i did with fixes in post 3. a flashed/format the phone 20 times to check if are working or not. ;) (sry for my english)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Why does he need to ask, guys? Did those who started threads about CM releases (I mean the official CM 7.1, nightlies, RCs etc not the unofficial CM-based ROMs) need to ask the CM team first?

It's not like he's claiming to be a developer, he's just passing on the info, and has said that if Virtuous want to start their own thread then he will stop updating this one.

No disrespect to the Virtuous team, but if they've decided (for whatever reason) not to post about their ROM on XDA, why shouldn't someone else be able to share ?

Sent from my Desire Z running CM7.
    Thanks to Jam182 for this mod.
    This mod will give you 7 homescreens instead of the stock 5 on sense 4a
    The default homescreen has changed to the 4th one (the middle)

DOWNLOAD
    flashable zip for "?" hw key. 100% works test it by me.
    Not a fix, but a temporary workaround for the ? Problem on the hw keyboard.

1. Download and install 'z arrow' free from the market (great free app anyhow)

2. Type and copy a ? using the sw keyboard

3. go to 'input special characters (code)'

4. Hit +, open hw keyboard, select the first box, hit ? Key. Box should say 224

5. Change the action to 'input character', paste the ? You copied earlier into the 2nd box.

6. Now, you can hit menu+? To type ?.

I have the app set to auto switch to z-arrow when I pull out the kb, so I never have to worry if it's running. It's not a perect solution, but it's better than nothing. It seems like keypress 224 just isn't mapped to anything. Maybe someone with a greater knowlege of coding than me can fix this for reals, but hopefully this workaround can help people until then.

Thread cleaned.
    From now on stay on topic!!