[ROM] - [4.3.1] - [October 29, 2013] - JellyBean DS v1.7

Search This thread

steve_77

Jun 9, 2010
I get the overheat and reboot issue when charging and using my phone concurrently.

I believe there are settings in the "settings - system - performance - processor" area that can be set to govern the CPU rate, personally I don't know if this is the best way to keep the phone from overheating and locking up but worth exploring. There does seem to be quite a few governing algorithms (default is 'ondemand'), perhaps someone could offer some advise as to which setting is the best for keeping the device from overheating. At the moment im assuming the heat is a clocking issue, but it does look like there is other options to keep the limited amount of system RAM we have also under check.

jumphog

Mar 21, 2006
Great rom, been using it for months with no major problems, just a couple of little things that would make it perfect:

Is there a way to alter the physical keyboard map to make ALT+DEL not delete a line unless they are both actually pressed together. I keep having the situation where ALT has locked on, I type the character I need, then realise I cocked up and press (only) DEL to change it but end up deleting the whole line.

Bluetooth audio drops out during playback occasionally, maybe for quarter of a second, sometimes up to 2-3 seconds. I havent worked out exactly what the causes are, its not always the same audio that it happens on, its generally in the first few minutes after starting music or a call, but sometimes it can be fine for half an hour (screen off, just playing music in the background) then it'll start dropping out again. With the previous rom I was running and with the same bluetooth hardware there were no problems. It does happen on music and on phone audio.

Anyone come across these, or have any ideas to fix them?

Last edited:

steve_77

Jun 9, 2010
still in development?

This is an awesome ROM, I still have issues with Gallery constantly crashing, dont know what the issue is there, am hoping there is still ongoing development to refine this ROM, or have most users migrated onto KitKat already?

DragonMama

Jan 28, 2012
Cleveland, OH
Great rom, been using it for months with no major problems, just a couple of little things that would make it perfect:

Is there a way to alter the physical keyboard map to make ALT+DEL not delete a line unless they are both actually pressed together. I keep having the situation where ALT has locked on, I type the character I need, then realise I cocked up and press (only) DEL to change it but end up deleting the whole line.

Bluetooth audio drops out during playback occasionally, maybe for quarter of a second, sometimes up to 2-3 seconds. I havent worked out exactly what the causes are, its not always the same audio that it happens on, its generally in the first few minutes after starting music or a call, but sometimes it can be fine for half an hour (screen off, just playing music in the background) then it'll start dropping out again. With the previous rom I was running and with the same bluetooth hardware there were no problems. It does happen on music and on phone audio.

Anyone come across these, or have any ideas to fix them?

With you on the ALT-Del issue, drives me bonkers too.

WRT your bluetooth issue, I have that happen sometimes, I *think* it's incoming text messages that have the audio muted - like instead of making a beep or whatever sound it would make for the incoming message, it instead mutes the audio. I use Handsent for text messaging, in case that helps track down the issue. For those who don't know what Handsent is, it's a messaging app with a lot of actually useful customization. I use that because of the ability to set different vibrate patterns and alert sounds per contact - Twitter & FB are silent/no-vibe - I'll catch it on the popup when I actually look at my phone sometime later. Default contacts share a quick short vibe and sound. People who might be taking care of my kids get three quick vibes and their own notification sound. I have four kids 13mo-9yrs and just finished my MA last May, that last feature totally saved my sanity in class SO many times when I had "old-school" profs who put it in their syllabi that we weren't supposed to be checking our phones. If it buzzed three times, I knew that was the only time I needed to step out of the classroom to check that my kids were OK, otherwise it would wait until class was over.

jumphog

Mar 21, 2006
With you on the ALT-Del issue, drives me bonkers too.

I could easily live with ALT-DEL doing nothing at all. I wonder if Android uses anything like xmodmap as it is linux based, would be pretty easy to edit the key definitions then.

WRT your bluetooth issue, I have that happen sometimes, I *think* it's incoming text messages that have the audio muted - like instead of making a beep or whatever sound it would make for the incoming message, it instead mutes the audio.

I have come across this behaviour, but its not what I think is the problem. The dropouts I get are irregular and sometimes seem to correlate with what might be high bitrate parts of the audio, but then it also happens at the beginning of calls, which arent exactly high bitrate.. Maybe its to do with CPU usage?

bengmau

Mar 27, 2008
I believe there are settings in the "settings - system - performance - processor" area that can be set to govern the CPU rate, personally I don't know if this is the best way to keep the phone from overheating and locking up but worth exploring. There does seem to be quite a few governing algorithms (default is 'ondemand'), perhaps someone could offer some advise as to which setting is the best for keeping the device from overheating. At the moment im assuming the heat is a clocking issue, but it does look like there is other options to keep the limited amount of system RAM we have also under check.

I had to set my cpu max to the 1.5GHz from the 1.7Ghz to eliminate hang reboot issues. before it would overheat and reboot.

OfficerJimLahey

Retired Forum Moderator
Feb 12, 2014
Sunnyvale
www.chebucto.ns.ca
alt and shift keys

does anyone know if the alt and shift keys work with this version in browser? i am using tbaldens cm ten point one, and i heard that the fix for the alt key problem is to use chrome instead. i am in chrome right now, no improvement.

thinking of going to emmanuels cm ten point two, if this problem is fixed and i have something to gain. the only thing that is holding me back trying is my need for corporate account aka activesync. i should at least flash and look. otherwise i will suck it up and use the software keyboard as needed.

related question, is twrp 2.2.2.0 sufficient to flash cm 10.2?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    JellyBeanDS - Android 4.3 (CM 10.2) for the myTouch 4G Slide

Notes:

Found a dead link? Let me know! (check my sig for a backup of all my files for the time being)

Please only use the included built in WildKernel (or else please don't report bugs if using an alternate kernel)

I'd recommend not using Focal until it's bugs are fixed, the native camera app is still there.

Newer Google Maps will have major graphical issues due to our legacy hardware, use this instead.

Bugs/Issues:
    You tell me?

Disclaimer:
    Code:
    #include <emman.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

Thanks to:
    Team Hydra
    SilverL
    Scverhagen
    Team DS & CyanogenMod
    Code Aurora
    Bruce2728
    Evervolv
    LiquidSmooth
    CarbonDev
    SlimRoms
    RootWebGod
    Overhauling

Download_Button.gif

Latest MD5: f1709a44fe4e7ae14de0f6228ffe3caa

JB 4.3 Gapps: Full Version & Slim Version

Goo Hosting:

v1.7 (HTTP)

All Releases (HTTP)

Mirrors from TRU:

v1.7 (HTTP) / (FTP)

All Releases (FTP)

Sources
    Hey guys just wanted to drop in and let everyone know that this project isn't dead, I've just been sick with GTAitis ;) while pretty busy with homework. I'm going to try pushing out some bug fixes by next week. Good night everyone
    @SilverL and I were able to get Android 4.4 booting tonight, however it is extremely un-usuable (I couldn't even get a screenshot like I usually like to :(). The touchscreen and buttons seem partially unresponsive (that may be from the main system segfaulting) and adb seems to shutoff after a few seconds post-boot. Then processes start to force close and system segfaults. However a few things do work from what I've noticed from how little it can be used; lights (LED and button lights), Radio/RIL, Sound? Those are what are fully confirmed working. You can find our source here and more work w/ debugging will be put into this tomorrow and in the next days. Good night everyone
    Uploaded, enjoy :)
    To keep on topic

I guess, now that the ROM got rebased i cant dirty flash it over 1.5?

Greets Vauvenal7
    It's a minor rebase you'll be fine. I will usually mention if a full wipe is required prior to an upgrade

Not in these cases. I read through all the changes you have in the repositories, and they're all useless. Adding things like, for example, WIMAX support. Wimax is both obsolete, and not PHYSICALLY present on this hardware.

List as follows;
    frameworks/av: add in some bogus 3d camera junk that does not apply.
    latinime/gallery2: there is simply no justification for forking these, upstream work fine, and even if they didn't, this is not the place to implement hacks.
    settings: all you did is break from default values. Default values that are perfectly fine and user customizable... and again, not even the place to implement these. If you want to override xml resources, you do so in DEVICE OVERLAY.
    hardware/qcom/audio-caf: disable some logcat noise, nothing functionally useful.
    hardware/libhardware/legacy: add wimax support -- to hardware that doesn't even HAVE wimax.
    device/htc/common: obsolete and not even used, just added in for the fun of it apparently.

Then also, you replaced the default compiler.... with something you found that is neither tested nor supported. Even if this didn't add in bugs, which it certainly does, it isn't going to make any appreciable difference.

To be frank, a build with my manifest is far LESS buggy than your builds.

First off...where do you see any wimax commits? Why would I even mess with wimax when our device doesn't support it. Second, all my repositories are mean't to work with all devices under our same arch....not just the doubleshot. So seeing 3D camera commits were most likely meant for the Evo 3D but were automatically merged in from other repos....this merge would not apply seeing as the camera won't compile these changes unless told so in the configuration (which it is not). Third, latinime was just reset to a point in which it didn't produce graphical errors...there may have been a commit upstream that fixed but I'm not monitoring it as that is not my priority. I add in the htc common configuration because I also build recovery images with my roms for personal use. Last but not least, a seperate toolchain is used for this device as it seems despite CM's commits "fixing" the problem, compiling servicemanager with google's latest toolchain corrupts the executable and segfaults on startup. I simply changed the default select of a menu item since the option doesn't not work well on our device and may mimick battery drain (there is no way to have done this through the overlay else I would've....why would I purposely host my own repo if a simple overlay could've been made?). If your build is so much better than mine, why not release it instead of just bragging about how much it is supposedly better? I'm open to criticism or else I wouldn't ask about what's wrong with my rom...however I don't need to be insulted. I don't see why something like that would need to be stated and not known through common knowledge. Also if everyone on this forum was capable of producing a rom, then there would be no need for this site. It does not make an individual lazy because they choose not to replicate someones work.