Completely stock Note 2 - Best option for audio?

Search This thread

kristianity77

Oct 13, 2011
Hi all.

I have a note 2 which is on the latest official 4.3. Phone hasn't been rooted or anything as i'm a bit of a novice so haven't had a chance to mess around with all of that yet.

The phone is great and I've moved over from an Xperia Z which I just couldn't get on with. However, there is one thing the XZ excels in which the note doesn't appear to (at least out of the box anyway) and thats music.

The XZ had a media played with ClearAudio+ and it made all of my music sound absolutely amazing. I've downloaded a few apps off the store such as playerpro etc but none of them even come close to replicating the sound of the XZ.

My question is, is there an app anywhere or anything I can do to get my Note 2 to sound anything like the XZ?

darkn3ss88

Jan 24, 2014
Hello! I would recommend using PowerAmp. The trial version is available on play store. Unfortunately, for the full version, you must pay. But i'd say it's worth a try.

nitol

Sep 1, 2009
dhaka
First root, you can have better sound quality than XZ. Just need to flash a small file and install one apk. Root first then...

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

kristianity77

Oct 13, 2011
First root, you can have better sound quality than XZ. Just need to flash a small file and install one apk. Root first then...

Yeah I rooted the device yesterday, then went about flashing the Walkman zips from this site but that didnt work. I just got force closes on everything I tried to open. I then tried to flash the Acid Audio stuff and again, everything force closed on me when trying to open it. Eventually I gave up and flashed the Xperia Z Rom that is on here with a mixture of Note 2 and Note 3 improvements thrown in as well and that worked a treat so now I can finally enjoy Clear Audio + again :laugh:

farazlodhi007

Jun 29, 2010
Viper4Android ftw! The sheer number of options to tweak the sound to your liking may seem overwhelming at first, but once you get used to it, its absolutely amazing! Works perfectly fine on any rooted stock rom. Check with your rom though, it may break the ClearAudio+ functionality.

ironmanxda

May 21, 2013
Hello! I would recommend using PowerAmp. The trial version is available on play store. Unfortunately, for the full version, you must pay. But i'd say it's worth a try.

Stuffs like one small file and one apk isn't gonna help anyone. Try answering in a more clear way next time. I am thinking what that one small file is. Hmmmmm

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium