[Q] HTC One DE Stuck in Recovery

Search This thread

StacksTM

Feb 27, 2013
Hi there,

I have an HTC One Developer edition that has the boot loader currently unlocked but has S-On. I download Android Revolution HD 52 and loaded it to my SD card as normal. I went into TWRP 2.5 (not realizing I needed a newer version) and attempted to infall without backing up (was short on memory). Dumb mistakes and now I'm paying the price.

The install was successful but the phone will only boot into recovery now. I attempted loading the correct RUU 1.29.1540.16 but when attempting to install using this method: goo.gl/ 8l1Qkd it fails 10% of the way in.

I’ve tried loading revone to get S-Off as I’ve been reading using this method: goo.gl /K1TJHX and was able to get the file over, but when I get to the 3rd step which says optional, I don’t have S-off. When I move onto step 4 and enter ./revone -P in adp, I get an error message.

I have an OTG cable formatted to Fat32 that I placed Android Revolution HD 32 (the previous version I had) on in an attempt to re-install, it’s not finding the file anywhere on the drive.

I tried to push the ARHD32 over using ADP push in TWRP but I’m getting a “no such file or directory” but I know it’s there. I used this method: goo.gl/ KrH0VL but get the error message at step 8 when trying to sideload.

Since ADP was able to push revone over, I’m pretty sure I should be able to push ARHD32 over and re-install that version using the older TWRP 2.5 as I did originally but I can’t seem to get it over.

I’ve spent about 8 hours over the last two days trying to figure this out to no avail. I’m not sure If I should be trying to get S-Off first or keep trying to side load the older rom and install it that way.

My phone can access boat loader and recovery but that’s about it. Any help would be much appreciated with a step by step layout. Thanks everyone :good:

HTC One Developer Edition
Tampered
Unlocked
M7_UL S-On
Hboot 1.44.0000

clsA

Aug 28, 2010
Central Florida
Hi there,

I have an HTC One Developer edition that has the boot loader currently unlocked but has S-On. I download Android Revolution HD 52 and loaded it to my SD card as normal. I went into TWRP 2.5 (not realizing I needed a newer version) and attempted to infall without backing up (was short on memory). Dumb mistakes and now I'm paying the price.

The install was successful but the phone will only boot into recovery now. I attempted loading the correct RUU 1.29.1540.16 but when attempting to install using this method: goo.gl/ 8l1Qkd it fails 10% of the way in.

I’ve tried loading revone to get S-Off as I’ve been reading using this method: goo.gl /K1TJHX and was able to get the file over, but when I get to the 3rd step which says optional, I don’t have S-off. When I move onto step 4 and enter ./revone -P in adp, I get an error message.

I have an OTG cable formatted to Fat32 that I placed Android Revolution HD 32 (the previous version I had) on in an attempt to re-install, it’s not finding the file anywhere on the drive.

I tried to push the ARHD32 over using ADP push in TWRP but I’m getting a “no such file or directory” but I know it’s there. I used this method: goo.gl/ KrH0VL but get the error message at step 8 when trying to sideload.

Since ADP was able to push revone over, I’m pretty sure I should be able to push ARHD32 over and re-install that version using the older TWRP 2.5 as I did originally but I can’t seem to get it over.

I’ve spent about 8 hours over the last two days trying to figure this out to no avail. I’m not sure If I should be trying to get S-Off first or keep trying to side load the older rom and install it that way.

My phone can access boat loader and recovery but that’s about it. Any help would be much appreciated with a step by step layout. Thanks everyone :good:

HTC One Developer Edition
Tampered
Unlocked
M7_UL S-On
Hboot 1.44.0000

does you usb otg have any visible files on it in TWRP / Install
and why not just update your recovery and reflash ARHD 52 ?

new TWRP is here > http://techerrata.com/browse/twrp2/m7
fastboot flash recovery openrecovery-twrp-2.6.3.3-m7.img
fastboot erase cache
fastboot reboot-bootloader

now install your rom again