[Q] Need help in Flashing New Rom.

Search This thread

rixon.d9

Oct 22, 2013
I want to use Kitkat ROM on my galaxy S2 GT i9100. Tried Supernexus and other Rom's but all failed to Install aborting Installation. Looked out for few sites still couldnt find genuine files.
Can someone please provide link to supernexus rom 4.4 and Gapps got GALAXY S2 GT i9100. current software NEAT ROM

Last edited:

Vivek_Neel

Inactive Recognized Contributor / Themer
Dec 23, 2012
Chennai
I want to use Kitkat ROM on my galaxy S2 GT i9100. Tried Supernexus and other Rom's but all failed to Install aborting Installation. Looked out for few sites still couldnt find genuine files.
Can someone please provide link to supernexus rom 4.4 and Gapps got GALAXY S2 GT i9100. current software NEAT ROM

Search before posting mate:)

You have to use kk compatible kernel before flashing any kk rom.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

rixon.d9

Oct 22, 2013

Thanks for the tip mate:good: I did some reading and found that I need to Flash CWM 6.0.4.5 or so. But somewhere I read about kernels. Can someone tell me the sequnce in which I should flash CWM, Kernel and ROM . Probably going for CWM 6.0.4.5 , Gustavo's kernel ( just because read somewhere its good ) and POUND ROM. Do I need to do all at once ?
Do I need a PC to flash these stuff ? I have a PC without admin priviliges so I can just download the files and copy to my SD card.
I know no one wants to feed spoon , I have done my homework need someone to show me the way to do it without me having to go through entire XDA pages.
Please help.

Vivek_Neel

Dec 23, 2012
Chennai
Thanks for the tip mate:good: I did some reading and found that I need to Flash CWM 6.0.4.5 or so. But somewhere I read about kernels. Can someone tell me the sequnce in which I should flash CWM, Kernel and ROM . Probably going for CWM 6.0.4.5 , Gustavo's kernel ( just because read somewhere its good ) and POUND ROM. Do I need to do all at once ?
Do I need a PC to flash these stuff ? I have a PC without admin priviliges so I can just download the files and copy to my SD card.
I know no one wants to feed spoon , I have done my homework need someone to show me the way to do it without me having to go through entire XDA pages.
Please help.

Ok.

Boot into recovery
Do a nandroid
Go to this thread and read the op 2nd post
Follow exactly the steps

Vivek_Neel

Dec 23, 2012
Chennai
I believe that thread is about flashing NEAT ROM. I want to Change from NEAT ROM to POUND ROM 4.4. I guess it should be similar for any ROM. How Do I Change my kernel ?

neat aosp is also a kk one.

If u want to flash pound rom.

Then u just need to Flash pound rom instead of neat by following the steps

Steps are almost same

rixon.d9

Oct 22, 2013
Thanks guyz, Flashed POUND ROM. Just what to know why people speak about dorimax or Gustavo's kernel. Can I flash a kernel without using PC ? Also one more thing since now I have CWM 6.0.4.5 Can I flash any Kitkat ROM ?

Vivek_Neel

Dec 23, 2012
Chennai
Thanks guyz, Flashed POUND ROM. Just what to know why people speak about dorimax or Gustavo's kernel. Can I flash a kernel without using PC ? Also one more thing since now I have CWM 6.0.4.5 Can I flash any Kitkat ROM ?

Yes if its zip then u don't need a pc.

Just flash it without wipe

Dorimax is used for Dualbooting so people prefer that

Gustavo's kernel is one of the best known kernel for kk right now

rixon.d9

Oct 22, 2013
Thanks for helping me out, Well the main reason for me to flash a Kitkat Rom was because I was not able to login into my skype account using the android app. It says " Incorrect username/Password" . Well I re-installed skype serveral times but same error. The login details are absolutely correct because I can login using PC App and browser. My friend tried his ID and still problem seems to be with my app as I too can login on other phones. Thats when I started thinking maybe this is because of my ROM. Unfortunately after following this thread to flash POUND rom it still seems cant get skype working as same error appears .

Can someone help, Skype is very important app for me.

Do I need to open a new thread related to this for related responses?

la_malacoda

Jul 2, 2011
Thanks for helping me out, Well the main reason for me to flash a Kitkat Rom was because I was not able to login into my skype account using the android app. It says " Incorrect username/Password" . Well I re-installed skype serveral times but same error. The login details are absolutely correct because I can login using PC App and browser. My friend tried his ID and still problem seems to be with my app as I too can login on other phones. Thats when I started thinking maybe this is because of my ROM. Unfortunately after following this thread to flash POUND rom it still seems cant get skype working as same error appears .

Can someone help, Skype is very important app for me.

Do I need to open a new thread related to this for related responses?

Maybe there are some problems with older datas. You could try formatting internal sd with a PC :thumbup:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.