[Q] Complete Root Noob

Search This thread

sherlockj4

Apr 15, 2014
Hey all I have been lurking this thread for awhile and today I saw that we have finally been granted root access. Now I am going to be totally honest, I am a total NOOB and have no idea what i can do with a rooted phone.

Can someone point me in the right direction as to how i can uninstall bloat? And install fancy modifications???? I would greatly appreciate any help! Thank you!

briantacker

Feb 9, 2012
For the bloat I use titanium backup. As for the fancy modifications I would look into xposed

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

sherlockj4

Apr 15, 2014
For the bloat I use titanium backup. As for the fancy modifications I would look into xposed

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

i downloaded titanium i just dont see how i can uninstall things with it yet but i am sure i can figure it out soon. as for xposed how do i go about installing that? is it on the playstore? also people on the reddit/r/android said there were ways to get free apps??

Franzie3

Sep 24, 2010
Newburgh, NY
Hey all I have been lurking this thread for awhile and today I saw that we have finally been granted root access. Now I am going to be totally honest, I am a total NOOB and have no idea what i can do with a rooted phone.

Can someone point me in the right direction as to how i can uninstall bloat? And install fancy modifications???? I would greatly appreciate any help! Thank you!

You can PM me if you want. I'll give you some tips/etc. For starters make sure you are rooted and have the latest SuperSu installed. (Check the root thread for a newer version, dont think play store has been updated yet). And then I would recommend installing Titanium Backup (as stated above) and even buying the Pro version for $5, its worth it in the long run if you ask me. I';ve used it on the last 7 android phones ive owned. So it's well paid for itself. once your set there PM me and i'll give you some things to check out.

We may get Safestrap recovery at some point but that will only allow us to flash roms based on the stock kernel. We shall see.

elliwigy

Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
XDA App Taskforce
i downloaded titanium i just dont see how i can uninstall things with it yet but i am sure i can figure it out soon. as for xposed how do i go about installing that? is it on the playstore? also people on the reddit/r/android said there were ways to get free apps??

you open it and press Backup/Restore tab then push app you want to select n uninstall

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Premium HD app

Broadley1

Apr 12, 2012
Do yourself a favor and freeze the apps you don't want first, instead of uninstalling. Atleast if you freeze an app with titanium backup and it screws your phone you can just unfreeze it and be good to go. :thumbup:

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

You can PM me if you want. I'll give you some tips/etc. For starters make sure you are rooted and have the latest SuperSu installed. (Check the root thread for a newer version, dont think play store has been updated yet). And then I would recommend installing Titanium Backup (as stated above) and even buying the Pro version for $5, its worth it in the long run if you ask me. I';ve used it on the last 7 android phones ive owned. So it's well paid for itself. once your set there PM me and i'll give you some things to check out.

We may get Safestrap recovery at some point but that will only allow us to flash roms based on the stock kernel. We shall see.