No command/ dead android in recovery

Search This thread

yves010598

Mar 8, 2015
Hi i just found out now that after upgrading from 4.1.2 JB to 4.3 JB that there are some error happening with my phone. At first i was always curious on why my wifi signal is always low although the router is just outside of my room. I tried to google some possible solution and came up with someone saying that factory reset and wiping data cache had fix their low wifi connection problems, so i tried doing it too but after booting up with recovery i noticed that the usually standing android logo had laid down with an Triangle with a "!" on him ( i know that this must be some kind of error from that point) here's a screenshot

https://www.dropbox.com/s/irolo6rp8wh5ibf/Photo 27-04-2014 23 39 34.png
-credits to original uploader

I still tried to continue wiping and it somehow works but it says "error" after doing so, then i tried to select reboot and it also works but still says "error"
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9o0yuopkf3dov76/Photo 27-04-2014 23 40 17.png (just like this image -credits to the original uploader)
Now i dont know on which problem should i fix first

1ST QUESTION: Can i just flash the stock rom again (4.3 stock rom) or other updated stock roms like 4.4 stock rom?
2ND QUESTION: Is there another know problem with wifi dropping/disconnection/low signal for 4.4 kitkat stock rom?

Here's some additional info
Model: galaxy s3 - i747m ( bell )
original rom: 4.1.2 jellybean
upgraded to: 4.3 jellybean
root: rooted using chainfire autoroot after updating to 4.3 JB

Last edited:

mrrocketdog

Oct 27, 2013
Hi i just found out now that after upgrading from 4.1.2 JB to 4.3 JB that there are some error happening with my phone. At first i was always curious on why my wifi signal is always low although the router is just outside of my room. I tried to google some possible solution and came up with someone saying that factory reset and wiping data cache had fix their low wifi connection problems, so i tried doing it too but after booting up with recovery i noticed that the usually standing android logo had laid down with an Triangle with a "!" on him ( i know that this must be some kind of error from that point) here's a screenshot

I still tried to continue wiping and it somehow works but it says "error" after doing so, then i tried to select reboot and it also works but still says "error"
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9o0yuopkf3dov76/Photo 27-04-2014 23 40 17.png (just like this image -credits to the original uploader)

1ST QUESTION: Can i just flash the stock rom again (4.3 stock rom) or other updated stock roms like 4.4 stock rom?
2ND QUESTION: Is there another know problem with wifi dropping/disconnection/low signal for 4.4 kitkat stock rom?

A) what bootloader/modem version do you have ?
B) i dont think there is a 4.4 stock ROM.
C) did you make a nandroid backup (as you should always do for a safety net)(not that i ALWAYS do , but should.lol).
1) you should be fine flashing 4.3.
2) wifi issues MAY be related to running 4.4 on older firmware.

"all i can really do , is stay out of my own way and let the will of heaven be done"

Reactions: audit13

audit13

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
You should be find flashing the stock 4.3 sgh-i747m. Just download the carrier ROM from sammobile.com.

If you want to stay on stock 4.3 and you want root, I suggest flashing the latest Philz Touch d2lte recovery via Odin and then flashing supersu from recovery.

If you want to be running the latest KK for the i747m, you can flash back to stock 4.3 and run OTA updates until you are running the latest ROM.

ROMs designed for the d2lte should run on the i747 and i747m. Bootloaders and modems cannot be cross-flashed.

yves010598

Mar 8, 2015
C) did you make a nandroid backup (as you should always do for a safety net)(not that i ALWAYS do , but should.lol).

"all i can really do , is stay out of my own way and let the will of heaven be done"

A) Bootloader: I747MVLUEMK5
B) after reading a lot of forums i got an information that samsung released and 4.4 stock rom for canadian version of s3. there's a downloadable rom here http://www.mrcrab.net/stockrom/sgh-i747m.html and from samsung kies
C) I never make backups too :D
C1) nevermind the wifi problem :D it seems that my router is the one who have a problem

mrrocketdog

Oct 27, 2013
ok. thanks for info. never knew there was a stock 4.4 for anyone. glad wifi got figured out.:good:
and , @audit13 is a lot more knowledgeable than i ; so i would advise listening to him 1st on any matters.:cowboy:

Reactions: yves010598

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You should be find flashing the stock 4.3 sgh-i747m. Just download the carrier ROM from sammobile.com.

If you want to stay on stock 4.3 and you want root, I suggest flashing the latest Philz Touch d2lte recovery via Odin and then flashing supersu from recovery.

If you want to be running the latest KK for the i747m, you can flash back to stock 4.3 and run OTA updates until you are running the latest ROM.

ROMs designed for the d2lte should run on the i747 and i747m. Bootloaders and modems cannot be cross-flashed.

ok. thanks for info. never knew there was a stock 4.4 for anyone. glad wifi got figured out.:good:
    and , @audit13 is a lot more knowledgeable than i ; so i would advise listening to him 1st on any matters.:cowboy: