[ROM] BAMF Rezound ICS v2.1 Official

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

keolawills

Apr 27, 2011
Lake Tahoe
So I included the stock android.policy.jar and the old firmwareppl patch into the Rom so I could do it all in one flash and it worked fine. I didn't know about the patch for the old firmware so that could have been my issue with the reboots but haven't had a single one yet.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda premium

billybob275

Sep 21, 2010
I flashed this about 12 hours ago. Old firmware and it's running fine (knock on wood). No reboots yet.

Sent from my HTC Vigor using xda premium

andybones

Retired Forum Moderator / Inactive RD
May 18, 2010
Google Pixel 5
Just a quick heads up for people flashing the RUU, When you go to flash it in hboot, you will have a list of 18 or so items to be flashed in green text. If you start the update and the list jumps around (Like doesnt go from 1 to 2 to 3 and so on) and stops and reboots after the 4th completed, you have a bad flash. One way to check this is to boot into hboot and see if what it says at the top. If it says you have "Hboot 2.21" and your radio's say 0.95.00, 1118r/0.95.00.1223r. This means your RUU didnt completely flash. Just reflash the RUU one more time and your radio's should say 1.22.10.0310r and 1.22.10.0308r.

This should help people who had issues with reboots or a failed RUU, Remember to check that your radios are the new ones, because if you have a bad flash the Hboot will be the newest version, which could be misleading.

If anyone needs me to explain this more I can, I just thought I'd throw this together real quick because I had the same issues.

Joel an I did everything possible for a long time last night diagnosing my reboot issue
it is 100% the android.policy.jar
I don't understand why it seems only my phone and a few others are experiencing this.
I def didn't have a bad RUU flash.
I flash the new patch v1.1.1 with new android.policy.jar and i get a reboot. i flash back to the stock .jar and no reboots...
strangest thing, i miss APM lol

GreenXSniper

Mar 11, 2011
Detroit
Joel an I did everything possible for a long time last night diagnosing my reboot issue
I don't understand why it seems only my phone and a few others are experiencing this.
I flash the new patch v1.1.1 with new android.policy.jar and i get a reboot. i flash back to the stock .jar and no reboots...

Yeah your issue sounds like something else but this is the issue I had, just giving a heads up to people flashing this

Hag77

Feb 28, 2011

Are you flashing the patch on top of 1.1.1? I doubt you are but just thought I'd ask since it's not needed and could potentially create issues? Just throwing it out there since a lot of people didn't see that Joel was uploading the newest version with the patch already implemented late last night.

GreenXSniper

Mar 11, 2011
Detroit
Are you flashing the patch on top of 1.1.1? I doubt you are but just thought I'd ask since it's not needed and could potentially create issues? Just throwing it out there since a lot of people didn't see that Joel was uploading the newest version with the patch already implemented late last night.

well if joel helped him im sure he tried it.

cisco723

Dec 16, 2010
El Paso
So far so good.....using old firmware..ext battery...and all 4G...oh and no reboots...:) this thing us a beast

Sent from my sweeet rezound...!!!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1332212047681.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1332212047681.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 199

silverxbv2

Inactive Recognized Themer
Jun 28, 2010
I've been following along but now I'm even more confused. I'm on .9 still. I don't want to do the ruu. I have 1.0 and 1.1 downloaded, the old firmware patch and kernel on my sd. So what is the "right" combo now that does not include the new reboot option:D

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

champdr0id

Sep 21, 2010
Du Bois, PA
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4
I've been following along but now I'm even more confused. I'm on .9 still. I don't want to do the ruu. I have 1.0 and 1.1 downloaded, the old firmware patch and kernel on my sd. So what is the "right" combo now that does not include the new reboot option:D

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

I flashed the latest version of the rom, then the bamf patch, then the oldfirmware patch, then the kernel in bootloader. I didn't want to ruu either. I think i did it like that. maybe the second and third was switched in order. :p

chefthomas99

May 14, 2010
Texas

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

Me. I recommend ruu method

mikdiamon

Apr 10, 2011
Phoenix
Seems like some are on the fence about this new RUU, or unclear what it even is. The new RUU was a no brainer for me cuz joelz said so lol. I have been running it since Friday night and everything about it is better. Now with some BAMF action im runnin smooth and a little worried Joel will need a new hobby cuz this baby is perfect! If yer scared, go to church, otherwise get to flashing this bad mofo you will love it!

Take a few minutes and do a little research before you jump into this one! It's easy peasy if you just follow the instructions but if u just jump in and treat this like a regular update you might have a long day!

If you do get stuck DON'T PANIC!!!! Grab your towel and read some more there's a ton of extremely helpful guys here, but almost all the issues i have seen are due to chair to keyboard interface so do the steps, its way worth it.

Here's the new RUU changelog from Android Police

New RUU Changelog:

Features/Enhancements
1. Android OS 4.0.3 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
2. CMAS support added
3. IPv6 over eHRPD supported
4. UI updated to Sense 3.6
5. Caller Name ID app added
6. VMM/BUA plus updated
7. New storage UI (under settings menu)

Issues Resolved
1. Changing pin causes EULA to be displayed
2. Wrong time displayed in and around Phoenix, AZ
3. EAS message - "Client/Server Conversion Error".
4. EAS message – “Exchange policies have changed”
5. EAS message – “Certificate Error”
6. Home screen partially blocked with black bar
7. Hotspot data stalls
8. Removed power mode settings (which forced device into CDMA only)
9. Group message not displaying originating MDN
10. Call button not disabled when using voice commands
11. People widget displaying two different birthdays
12. Verizon Location Agent removed – impacting battery life
13. SSO athentication fails for VCAST Tones
14. "To" field text deleted if device is rotated (in Compose or Forward Voicemail)
15. Google Talk app formatting

I've read where some are having problems with it but it's a strait forward process just follow the steps. Scott put some excellent instructions on his site - best step by step I've seen

Last edited:
Reactions: WasabiWa83

chefthomas99

May 14, 2010
Texas
It's like putting a Ferrari body on a Hyundai. If you don't ruu and put this rom on.

seniorstew

Feb 23, 2006
San Diego CA
Apps that arnt HTC ones keep force closing when I press the menu key.. so far facebook xda and titanium backup.. I did the new stock ruu install method.. anyone else having this issue?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    joel111.gif

THE GOODS

• Sense 3.6
    • Overscroll Glow
    • Advanced Power Menu
    • Extra Quicksettings
    • Sony Bravia Engine
    • Debloated
    • Much Much More :)

THE BUGS

• You Tell Me :)

NOTES

THANKS

• Team BAMF :)
    • Can't really put these people in bullet points lol...thanks to wasabiwa for the wonderful poster he has made me..Thanks gadget for the amazing skins and just his regular help on everything :)..Thanks andybones for helping me decompile apks when my apktool dont work hehe :) Thanks Fernando Sor for doing Zeus Mods for my rom and just general awesomeness :).and WizeGuyDezignz for fixing sync icons.and Romanb for his unicorn live wallpaper and fixperms init.d script...and Wildstang what can i say hes been with me through thick and thin hes just an awesome friend and helps me when i need it thanks Bro :)..and llborell for resizing the keyboard :) and finally Jan i cant say thanks enough to this guy hes an awesome friend he helps me with any issue he let me port his marvelous tweaks to my rom (even spent 6 hours porting his tweaks to the systemui.apk!!!!) cant thank you enough jan :) i really cant thank these people enough HUGE Thanks guys.. :D
    • jerrytan93 and Steve0007 for keyboard from sensation... :)

CHANGELOG V3.0 Official:

• Tweaks Tons of them..
    • Updated to latest leak.
    almost 15 hours working on this........but when its ready u guys will love it :)
    Don't let the door hit you on the way out...its ok run to the mods because people are being mean to you.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

i didnt run to the mods i can close my own thread :) wanna see?
    I love the changelog complaints keep em coming..just rember I do this for free I can stop whenever I want :)

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using XDA