[ROM] AOKP (4.2.2) (Beta) For the Samsung Epic 4g - 03/06/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

TPMJB

Jun 28, 2010
www.blackcats-games.net
LG V50 ThinQ

You think this will fix the market bug? Or the "Screen keyboard comes up when keyboard is out"? Those are the only two bugs that concern me.

I'm still upset they changed the name to "Google Play". Calling it "Market" makes a lot more sense...

Edit: Market kind of fixed for me. I can now use the market, but it didn't restore my phone when I re-flashed the rom, so I had to type in the WPA key for every router I was usually near before.

Last edited:

toolegit

Oct 31, 2009
Yeah, I'll be checking that out too. Thanks for the link!

Must've done something wrong, my battery life is now shot, and I can't connect to my wifi in the front room, when I can connect to it from my driveway, farther away and through a brick wall. Gonna reflash when I have some time and see what happens.

Not just a phone, but an adventure! ;)

So I'm thinking my problem now is not the modem or build but K-9 mail. Anyone using this and having problems with battery life? I'm uninstalling it now and will see if that helps my issues. Probably not being unable to connect to my wifi, but we'll see.

SwimDrewid

Well, I'm on build 2. I don't have TWRP though, just CWM6. It will get all the way to the end where it creates the md5 checksum and then say there was an error in creating the md5. Maybe I could get twrp and try it with that recovery?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda app-developers app

So, to be clear, does this CWM6 issue only affect backups? Or does it also affect flashing other ROMs over AOKP2b2 (i.e., CM10nightly or PA 2.13)?

Thanks,

Nashdogg

Nov 22, 2011
Maine
So, to be clear, does this CWM6 issue only affect backups? Or does it also affect flashing other ROMs over AOKP2b2 (i.e., CM10nightly or PA 2.13)?

Thanks,

It was actually a kernel issue causing it. Didhiy compiled a fixed boot.img that I injected into the PA AIO and CM10 AIO and into PA 2.13 ROM itself. Recovery works fine on those two. Not sure if the issue still remains with aokp. If it does try using twrp 2.2.2.1. It actually works quite well now.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2

Andy_nu

Feb 14, 2012
Oklahoma
It was actually a kernel issue causing it. Didhiy compiled a fixed boot.img that I injected into the PA AIO and CM10 AIO and into PA 2.13 ROM itself. Recovery works fine on those two. Not sure if the issue still remains with aokp. If it does try using twrp 2.2.2.1. It actually works quite well now.

aokp is fine as well, ive backed up and restored on b2.

Reactions: SwimDrewid

xfilemanx

Jun 2, 2011
Kansas City
You think this will fix the market bug? Or the "Screen keyboard comes up when keyboard is out"? Those are the only two bugs that concern me.

I'm still upset they changed the name to "Google Play". Calling it "Market" makes a lot more sense...

Edit: Market kind of fixed for me. I can now use the market, but it didn't restore my phone when I re-flashed the rom, so I had to type in the WPA key for every router I was usually near before.

If I may ask.....which one is for the Epic????

Blankrubber

Nov 15, 2010
TN
Sorry if this was already askedbut will V6 Supercharger work on this? I presume it should work on any JB ROM, yeah? Thanks =).

Nashdogg

Nov 22, 2011
Maine
Wish we could get an updated kernel for AOKP. With the updated kernel for CM10 and PA my random reboots are non existent. I love AOKP, but every time I needed my phone I would pick it up and look at the screen to see the Samsung logo and have to wait for it to boot back up.

Reactions: dohturdima

Nashdogg

Nov 22, 2011
Maine
I have seen posts for other devices that have nightlies on aokp and was just wondering if we had anything like that anyone was aware of

Not to my knowledge. Has anyone heard from or seen Alias. Alias, we need you! Lol I saw that aokp build 4 was released a couple days ago and was hoping we would get some of that. Hope our hero will come to the rescue;)

Reactions: goodpup420

Alias8818

Retired Recognized Developer
Jan 12, 2011
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Not to my knowledge. Has anyone heard from or seen Alias. Alias, we need you! Lol I saw that aokp build 4 was released a couple days ago and was hoping we would get some of that. Hope our hero will come to the rescue;)

http://epicaokp.blogspot.com/2012/10/aokp-build-4-for-epic-4g-now-available.html

There ya go :)

**NOTE** I didn't even have time to test this build. If you are one of the first to install, have a backup ready or Odin! You have been warned.

Nashdogg

Nov 22, 2011
Maine
Can I use the aokp2 crespo patch with this?

J.ust A. R.eally V.ery I.ntelligent S.ystem

I can make an updated one. The old one should work though.

---------- Post added at 05:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:54 PM ----------

http://epicaokp.blogspot.com/2012/10/aokp-build-4-for-epic-4g-now-available.html

**NOTE** I didn't even have time to test this build. If you are one of the first to install, have a backup ready or Odin! You have been warned.

Ask and you shall receive. Just got outta work to see this. Omg! Thanks Alias. You're the best;):cool:
Was there any kernel changes in this build Alias. I'm not very good at reading/ understanding commits.

Last edited:

AndyYan

Recognized Contributor
Jan 30, 2012
Beijing

Um, is our build number synchronized with "official" devices? If so, are these functions implemented yet? (As scrapped from aokp.co)
1) BUILD 2: Tablet UI on any device <==== [REALLY NEED THIS, ParanoidAndroid-JB sucks in appearance for me]
2) BUILD 4: Flip or shake your device to snooze/dismiss the alarm (check alarm settings)
3) BUILD 4: Take screenshot from NavBar
And since Eppy has come such a long way following AOKP's steps AND crespo4g has been chosen as official even it's CDMA... Why aren't we "official"?

Never mind then, Alias you da man compiling for us!!! Keep rollin'!

EDIT: Build 4 link is down?
Error response
Error code 502.
Message: ['HTTP Error 500: Internal Server Error', 'HTTP Error 500: Internal Server Error', 'HTTP Error 500: Internal Server Error'].
Error code explanation: 502 = Invalid responses from another server/proxy..

Last edited:
Reactions: Alias8818

Nashdogg

Nov 22, 2011
Maine
Um, is our build number synchronized with "official" devices? If so, are these functions implemented yet? (As scrapped from aokp.co)
1) BUILD 2: Tablet UI on any device <==== [REALLY NEED THIS, ParanoidAndroid-JB sucks in appearance for me]
2) BUILD 4: Flip or shake your device to snooze/dismiss the alarm (check alarm settings)
3) BUILD 4: Take screenshot from NavBar
And since Eppy has come such a long way following AOKP's steps AND crespo4g has been chosen as official even it's CDMA... Why aren't we "official"?

Never mind then, Alias you da man compiling for us!!! Keep rollin'!

EDIT: Build 4 link is down?

Might just be your area. Link still works here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    AOKP(4.2.2) For the Samsung Epic 4g

Epic AOKP Presents!

cm9-promo-1+%281%29.png

For newest release, check here: Link

[OLD]AOKP Build 4 for Epic 4G now available!

Follow the Epic AOKP team for the most up-to-date news, changes, or releases for the AOKP Rom:
    Epic 4G AOKP: [Google+][Facebook][Blogspot]

Links:
    News
    Features/Screenshots
    Progress/Change Logs
    Install Guide/Downloads
    Notes...

We have moved to a more organized way of giving you information!
    As you can notice, there is now an issue tracker. (helps me sort issues)
    All the information that was in these two posts are now at our blogspot: here.
    Alias can always fix that up for us though , I'm sure ... ;)

If I get some time tonight, we will go for another build.
    Also, I put my app in tonight to be a device maintainer.

Thank you for the update notice.

LTE data toggle should be WiMax instead since the Epic doesn't even have an LTE radio...

Also what's up with b34?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2
    If I didn't know this already, I shouldn't be compiling a ROM for you all.
    And since you want to be rude and tell people about taking pills... have yourself a chill pill :)
    #noanger

New build, in case no one knew o_O
    http://forum.aokp.co/page/releases/_/build-34-r19

P.S. Why aren't we officially supported?! ):

As mentioned, its going through some proper channels.
    There are some pieces of code I edit manually that enables ours and disables others.
    I have to figure out a way to make both happy before we can be joyously supported.

Annnnddd further more. There are a few of you that appear to feel you are entitled to the work I do.
    Maybe a reminder is needed... I don't get paid for this. This is not my job.
    I have a life, which you are merely included in because you click the download button on the work I've shared.
    You are not entitled to it, its a privilege.
    If I had the choice to take that privilege away, some of you would no longer have it.
    Be grateful for what life and people give to you, it all can be taken away.