[Q] [HELP] phone randomly freezes - LiquidSmooth 2.37

Search This thread

ruruzozo

Jan 16, 2014
Hello!
I've been on LiquidSmooth v2.37 for the last 3 months and with great pleasure. After flashing the ROM back in Nov 2013 I experienced few random phone hangs which I initially ignored => long press of power button and problem solved. These hangs became more frequent in Dec 2013 so I tried a cache wipe and also a factory reset with little success: the phone hangs frequency decreased but not disappeared. Presently I get this problem from 1 to 3-5 times per day, which starts to be annoying.

- Never modified the ROM. 100% LiquidSmooth official and original
- The phone does not completely freeze: screen and buttons become unresponsive however the status led still blinks. Moreover if I try to call the i9300 I can hear the call tones through the other phone, however no sound / vibration is produced by the i9300.
- Hangs happen mostly when I'm using apps but I could not find a pattern so they look random to me

Before i was on ParanoidAndroid and I have never experienced such issue.
Any suggestion? I don't wanna leave this ROM since it's really really good for me.

Thanks for your help!

boomboomer

Jun 30, 2010
Wipe and flash stock rom, if still freezing then you have bad memory blocks -read the freezing thread in general forum.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

ruruzozo

Jan 16, 2014
Wipe and flash stock rom, if still freezing then you have bad memory blocks -read the freezing thread in general forum.

Thanks.

Is there another way to test memory health rather than flashing the stock firmware? Maybe a benchmark app or something?
Where can I find the latest stock firmware and the guide to flash it?

JJEgan

Oct 24, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Note 3

ruruzozo

Jan 16, 2014
hmm, ok, I'll install the stock firmware again.
can I pick any stock firmware for GT-I9300 or should I select the firmware based on phone current FW/baseband/recovery installed?

boomboomer

Jun 30, 2010
Use the latest full stock issued for your country, flash with odin and factory reset.