[Q] CheckRom V6 & What kernel?

Search This thread
Z

zylor

Guys what it the best kernel for checkrom V6?
I mean.. i want advices BUT why did you made such a choice? :)

chasmodo

Dec 28, 2011
Novi Sad
For me it is Franco hands down. Tested v2, v6 and the latest 'test' one (this will become v10 tomorrow or the day after, judging by the users' comments), and all proved to be smooth, fast, stable and easy on the battery on my Note.

qbix08

Dec 18, 2011
Birmingham
I would second Franco kernel also. Been using it since v6 had no problems with lag at all. Battery life with this combination seems good as well.

Last edited:
Z

zylor

Now this is a good start :D

I have been in CF ROOT for XXLC1 but i dunno why i feel the stock kernel is a little bit lagged in menus!

Will try Franco Kernel :)

Thanks for your replys!

abhisahara

Jun 10, 2010
Bangalore
Now this is a good start :D

I have been in CF ROOT for XXLC1 but i dunno why i feel the stock kernel is a little bit lagged in menus!

Will try Franco Kernel :)

Thanks for your replys!
Franco 9.....pure awesomeness !! Best battery backup m getting by using it. Earlier tried Abyss 4.2 but got a high battery drain !
Go for Franco !!! :)

ages_devil

Feb 19, 2010
but doesn't changing the kernel change some supported features in the rom ? like ntfs support for instance ?

abhisahara

Jun 10, 2010
Bangalore
Hey guys,

Don't wanna seem like jacking the thread, but is it possible to install Vertamus's ICS theme in V6?
Yeah of course! I have it installed on my phone. just go to the inbuilt kitchen (update it to the latest version from google play store) and download the file given there under the themes section. Its version1.1 as of now. And install it in recovery !!

Cheers! Hit thanks if it helped! :D

Reactions: itismadhan

dhruvmalik

Dec 30, 2007
Chicago / India
I was using stock CF-Root and it was fine, but the battery drain was a bit higher vs V5 CheckROM. Installed Franco and its running great, 1.5% Per Hour idle.

omigosh

May 4, 2008
was using checkrom v6 with Franco's test kernel. Seems like its draining battery more than stock. Gonna verify it over the nxt few days by using stock

Shingo77

Feb 5, 2011
Also on franco kernel v9, works like a charm. Good battery life but no as good as CheckROM v5 & franco v6

Blue1k

Feb 8, 2008
For me Franco kernel cause constant sods.

I keep trying a newer versions and still same issue. This problem doesn't occur for me on other kernels

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

abhisahara

Jun 10, 2010
Bangalore
For me Franco kernel cause constant sods.

I keep trying a newer versions and still same issue. This problem doesn't occur for me on other kernels

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium
Yeah for some of the users Franco gives sods or screen salad issue - pixelated screen while other kernels work fine for them! Thankfully works fine for me :)

Z

zylor

Yeah for some of the users Franco gives sods or screen salad issue - pixelated screen while other kernels work fine for them! Thankfully works fine for me :)

Well Franco works like a charm so far.. have been testing it for over 2 weeks and works very nicely ^^

Can't barely wait for V7.. Gotta wait for jkay's magic :D

rraaka

Sep 8, 2010
can someone please post links to francos kernels especially v 9 and other GB kernels,
is abyss 4.2 kernel GB kernel ?

theres something wrong with the way im searching....im going round and round :eek:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys,

Don't wanna seem like jacking the thread, but is it possible to install Vertamus's ICS theme in V6?
    Yeah of course! I have it installed on my phone. just go to the inbuilt kitchen (update it to the latest version from google play store) and download the file given there under the themes section. Its version1.1 as of now. And install it in recovery !!

Cheers! Hit thanks if it helped! :D
    can someone please post links to francos kernels especially v 9 and other GB kernels,
    is abyss 4.2 kernel GB kernel ?

theres something wrong with the way im searching....im going round and round :eek:

Abyss 4.2 is a gb kernel. Don flash it in a ICS

Sent from my GT-N7000