[KERNEL] Macky Kernel For OMNI Roms

Search This thread

dashing_9508

Aug 14, 2012
Lahore
The Original macky by kernel Kasper_H , doesn't work for me on OMNI 4.4 , the reason was some big mem lib files and Hw modules , so I extracted those Lib files from Macky_Omni rom again thanks to Kasper_H , and tried them with Macky kernel and they worked for me. So now ,
Recovery on OMNI rom Mounts Ext.Sd and mounts proper USB Storage mod ( both sd and ext.sd ) . Plus supports 720p video with 417 MB ram on OMNI.
Tested on 2/7/2014 Omni Build. If it still doesn't work for you then goto System>libs> and del " modules " folder and flash kernel again.
Battery life is too good and can be compared to stock roms. Try changing governor to ONDEMAND and schedulers to NOOP.
My first post in development section , I hope I don't break any rules :)

Attachments

• Mackay_kernel_0.609_twrp_CMC-sd-9508.zip
    8.8 MB · Views: 973
Last edited:

phil_greg2001

Oct 28, 2010
Paris
Google Pixel 7
The Original macky by kernel Kasper_H , doesn't work for me on OMNI 4.4 , the reason was some big mem lib files and Hw modules , so I extracted those Lib files from Macky_Omni rom again thanks to Kasper_H , and tried them with Macky kernel and they worked for me. So now ,
Recovery on OMNI rom Mounts Ext.Sd and mounts proper USB Storage mod ( both sd and ext.sd ) . Plus supports 720p video with 417 MB ram on OMNI.
Tested on 2/7/2014 Omni Build. If it still doesn't work for you then goto System>libs> and del " modules " folder and flash kernel again.
Battery life is too good and can be compared to stock roms. Try changing governor to ONDEMAND and schedulers to NOOP.

Many thanks bro :cowboy:

---------- Post added at 04:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:56 PM ----------

I have made my Mackay Omni kernel too...

I take the 0.609 Mackay CM kernel and I change all files with the last files on Mackay Omni ROM and I delete the mackay directory and that's all folks !!!

It works :laugh:

Attachments

• Mackay_Omnni_Greg.zip
    8.7 MB · Views: 98
Last edited:
Reactions: Drhedphuk

idroj

Apr 26, 2013
Barcelona

Thanks,

Just, tested. On recovery mode work both, but in normal mode only internal sd.
Any sugestion.

thanks

dashing_9508

Aug 14, 2012
Lahore
Thanks,

Any sugestion.

thanks

Mounting ext.sd in normal ( when booted up ) is coded into the framework. Omni rom is Aosp and , google devices don't support ext.sdcards , so It's not coded in the framework , Cyanogen Mod does it and we hope Omni does it too in the future :)

Reactions: idroj

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i try flash didhiy kernel latest on mackay omni...it works on me but for anyone....own risk:D:D:D

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda app-developers app

I uploaded here an updated version of the Kernel (20140215), following phil_greg's instructions above.
    It works at least on the latest nightly (20140217).

Many thanks bro :cowboy:

---------- Post added at 04:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:56 PM ----------

I have made my Mackay Omni kernel too...

I take the 0.609 Mackay CM kernel and I change all files with the last files on Mackay Omni ROM and I delete the mackay directory and that's all folks !!!

It works :laugh:
    Thanks,

Any sugestion.

thanks

Mounting ext.sd in normal ( when booted up ) is coded into the framework. Omni rom is Aosp and , google devices don't support ext.sdcards , so It's not coded in the framework , Cyanogen Mod does it and we hope Omni does it too in the future :)