Australian AU Galaxy S II (help/rooting/updates,etc)

Search This thread

roosta

Oct 26, 2010
Melbourne
Hey guys,

The Galaxy S2 is an extremely powerful (and very popular) smartphone in the market today - and since Samsung have sold a record number of these worldwide, figured its about to BOOM bigtime; particularly in Australia as prices start to fall and phone plans start to drop. Because of this, I wanted to provide other Aussie members on these forums with a HANDY point of reference, as a lot of guides & tutorials are for different models or have different specifications and require some tweaking. Use this thread as a guide, a starting point, or utilise this thread for other aussie general help.

Please help by posting what build you have on your SGS2, your speed test results in australia, modem type, network,etc...Your experiences, your advice, any input is appreciated. Ive only done the first 15 pages thus far:

Members and their SGS2's on the following networks:

VODAFONE
unrealtb
MealsOnWheels
anuj25
Jesmicael
akira888
infra4800
fuusuke

OPTUS
HeavySixEight
sm98
jwonga
robt772000
ausdrioder
sabamacx
jinx405
beaver2233
Sico69galaxy
mrxd
cheetah2k

TELSTRA
roosta
tjjensen23
bentothemaxx
zeitgeb3r
BennyT83
gunigugu
Plopz
shtumpa
irv777
extremeit79
maark11
YukiestRapier
alexeiw123

UNKNOWN:
380AU
jerome.d

page 2: Optus/Telstra tips/tricks on FW: diable fast dormancy, GPS info etc

page 5: Full review of phone (photo/vid), usb drivers, oldin, complete phone service manual, letter codes

page 10:Specifics for rooted phone 3g hack

page 11: undervolting and saving battery life steps

Thanks guys

RoOSTA

Last edited:
From another forum:

The Samsung Galaxy S2 is a 3G quadband phone and will work basically on every single network in Australia as it supports every network band aussie carriers use. So it doesn't matter where you buy the phone from, it will work on Telstra unless you go buy the korean version or something.

Anybody who says it won't work is either naive, fooled, or plain ignorant. There has been cases where some staff at Telstra shops have told people that it won't work, that is total bull**** and **** that they give to make people wait for the phone on Telstra or some **** they themselves were feed with.

I myself use the S2 on Telstra and is getting HSPA+ speeds with no problem.

Usually Telstra release phones late cause they need to get a special version~~ now with the S2 they are saying they release it late cause of their test cycles and their so call "optimizations"

HeavySixEight

Jun 20, 2011
Melbourne
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Well, i got mine with an Optus $59 at the start of june, KE7 stock..

I Hated the amount of Optus rubbish on the phone (that i could'nt remove!) so i ended up here, reading everything i could for a few days, then rooted my stock rom from chainfire's post.

Since then, I've de-branded with the stock KF2 poland rom and rooted that. (Since Intratech put up the original stock roms for optus, i have my backup.)

Performance is great, coverage is great and everything runs well...

Has anyone updated from Kies to KF3? Was KF3 the Aus update?

tjjensen23

Jul 17, 2010
Melbourne
Release UK imported. Bought it from Hantec
Works 100% with NextG. Also my mates got one and his works fine aswell. All settings out of Box except changed the APN for faster speeds ;).

Custom Rom (keeps switching between VR and Cognition)

No problems whatsoever

unrealtb

Apr 13, 2011
Vodafail customer here... Great fone. Rooted with lighting 1.5. Dun want to go to v2 as it changes the web browser as i quite like stock. Still on 2.3.3 tried 2.3.4 didnt notice a great change. Gonna wait for cm7... maybe 8! Question.... Just say i wanted to go back to vodafail rom etc.. So it would be like when i first got ot how would i do this?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

roosta

Oct 26, 2010
Melbourne

Hey zetsu,

Yes my initial post did sound a little ditsy... But i have read additional articles of other software modifications Tesltra have in the works to make it a bit more unqiue - arguably, some would say really not that much difference or worth waiting for - but nevertheless I would much prefer an Aussie version of the phone and AC power without having to use a loose, dodgy international adapter to plug into an Aussie powerpoint.

I do (and did) understand this phone, whether its from Telstra or not, from anywhere around the world is quadband and works on the nextg 850mhz freq band.

Cheers.

HeavySixEight

Jun 20, 2011
Melbourne
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Vodafail customer here... Great fone. Rooted with lighting 1.5. Dun want to go to v2 as it changes the web browser as i quite like stock. Still on 2.3.3 tried 2.3.4 didnt notice a great change. Gonna wait for cm7... maybe 8! Question.... Just say i wanted to go back to vodafail rom etc.. So it would be like when i first got ot how would i do this?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Just check Intratech's carrier branded Rom thread and flash one from Vodafone Australia that matches what you had originally...

Last edited:

roosta

Oct 26, 2010
Melbourne
Release UK imported. Bought it from Hantec
Works 100% with NextG. Also my mates got one and his works fine aswell. All settings out of Box except changed the APN for faster speeds ;).

Custom Rom (keeps switching between VR and Cognition)

No problems whatsoever

tjj, what APN settings did you use, the ausdriod.net one?

RoOSTA

bentothemaxx

Oct 1, 2010
Melbourne
I've got an Optus branded handset, running on Telstra. I get awesome speeds, have gotten over 10Mbps download speeds!

Using the telstra.wap APN, seems to work a bit better than the telstra.internet for me.

Reactions: roosta

zeitgeb3r

Jul 1, 2011
Carmona, Cavite
Bought from TeleChoice outright for $750 early June after haggling with the seller. Optus branded (AllPhone wasn't selling unbranded at the time).

Rooted it with ChainFire (In case I need to unroot and not lose the warranty, I bought USB Jig from EBAY in case I need to reset download counter).

Paid for Titanium Backup to freeze Optus bloatware (that was before IntraTech released the Optus Stock ROM).

Put on SIM Telstra $49/month Freedom Connect BYO 12 month plan.

I love it when H+ (HSPA+) lights up. My colleagues are jealous, because they're either on Optus, Voda or Virgin and they can only 3G, not H+.

I used ausdriod.net APN (telstra.internet). Getting around 10Mbps in CBD. I might try telstra.wap and see if it's any faster.

Bought accessories from ExportPrive (Korean based) :
  • Official Samsung spare battery AUD$25
  • Official Samsung Anymode Charging Dock for spare battery AUD$12
  • SGP Stenheil Ultra Oleophobic Anti-Fingerprints screen protector AUD$11
  • Transcend Micro SDHC Class 4 32GB AUD$63
  • Samsung official car dock AUD$50
  • Shipping $11

Reactions: sabamacx and roosta

roosta

Oct 26, 2010
Melbourne
@zeit: 10mbps in philipines? Best i have been able to get, using speedtest.net andriod app (on SGS1) in Melbourne near CBD was 2.54mbps on a hsdpa connection, so thats pretty poor, should be higher...and i expect as lot more with Telstra on the SGS2.

@bentothemaxx: thanks for the advice, after my SIM is inserted into the phone, all relevant MMS/net APNs are set, defaults me to telstra.iph (telstra internet). Doing it now about 20 mins drive from Melbourne CBD, telstra.iph peaked at 1.79mbps. .internet settings peaked at 2.54 and .wap settings peaked at 2.24 with the lowest ping. Upload FAAR better with.internet settings, so may stick with that.

RoOSTA

sm98

May 31, 2011
Heyas, some sgs2 tips optus (and one telstra)

I'm with Optus (tpg) in melb, unlockedmobiles uk it's good :)

I've had H+ once driving through lillydale, rest of the time is 3G/H or gprs cause optus is well optus :)

Things to do/check/change (non .au based firmware)

unrooted
disable fast dormancy ( *#9900# then disable) (is it even needed to do on telstra?)

rooted
edit /etc/gps.conf and change NTP_SERVER to au.pool.ntp.org

*** may be optional in xxkg1 2.3.4 ***

disable fast dormancy ( *#9900# then disable)
in the city i got lots of wake ups with it enabled, further out it didn't do it

edit /data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databases/nwk_info.db
open nwkinfo and add the dormancy info if it doesn't exist
KG1 has Optus dormancy off mtu 1500 in mine

open dormpolicy and you can change the lcdon/offfdtime.
KG1 has telstra, yes optus, vodafone eu, 3telstra, one.tel in there as 0 on 0 off

the carrier numbers are in /data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databases/telephony.db

info from the /etc/nwk_info.xml
Code:
<!-- Australia  -->
        <DormPolicy plmn="50502"
            nwkname="Telstra"
            lcdonfdtime="0"
            lcdofffdtime="0"
        />
        <DormPolicy plmn="50503"
            nwkname="YES OPTUS"
            lcdonfdtime="0"
            lcdofffdtime="0"
        />
        <DormPolicy plmn="50506"
            nwkname="Vodafone AU"
            lcdonfdtime="0"
            lcdofffdtime="0"
        />
        <DormPolicy plmn="50508"
            nwkname="3Telstra"
            lcdonfdtime="0"
            lcdofffdtime="0"
        />
        <DormPolicy plmn="50501"
            nwkname="One.Tel"
            lcdonfdtime="0"
            lcdofffdtime="0"
        />

Using Telstra? enable HD Voice (wide band amr)
dial *#197328640# (optional * at the end)
go into menu 5 audio
menu 7 wb-amr settings
then 1 to enable the wb-amr on your phone
telstra hd voice is wb-amr and will be annouced as working on the sgs2 when it's released on the 26th!

Last edited:

zeitgeb3r

Jul 1, 2011
Carmona, Cavite
Telstra
Get TelstraOne app from Android Market. It will give u unmetered access to news, sports, weather, Bigpond, and billing. See
http://exchange.telstra.com.au/2011/07/13/new-app-bring-unmetered-content-to-next-g-androids

Yes, I get 10Mbps from my desk at 101 Collins St Melbourne CBD. From my other office at 525 Collins (Rialto), I only get about 5Mbps.

Maybe the cell network at 101 Collins isn't as congested. Weird, cuz there's prolly more yuppies at 101 than 525.

I get about 6Mbps from my apartment in Kew (Inner north east Melbourne).

@sm98 Good tip about that HD Voice.

Last edited:
Reactions: roosta

380AU

Jul 9, 2011
I bought mine outright from Telechoice (an Optus reseller)

All I've done is flashed mine to the KE7 UK firmware to get rid of all the Optus bloatware on it, and now the latest XSA KF3

Pretty happy with the phone overall.

aussiebum

Dec 5, 2008
disable fast dormancy ( *#9900# then disable)
in the city i got lots of wake ups with it enabled, further out it didn't do it

Hmm, I have FD disabled via *#9900# but I still get wakeups occasionally. Interesting thing is that when I was on VillianROM 1.0 / KE2 I used to not get these wakeups even with FD disabled. They only started happening after installing KG1-based 2.3.4 android roms.

I also swear I'm getting crappier battery life with KG1 roms vs the old KE2 rom when 3G data is enabled. Currently experimenting with different modems to see which one gives better battery life

jwonga

Jul 12, 2011
I have an Optus set on the 59 Optus plan.

I've flashed Litening and Cognition with no problems. It was great to get rid of the optus bloat and customise the phone with some themes too.

Also I've used the *#301279# to set the phone to only use the 3g network, along with the *#9900# to disable fast dormancy.

Cheers.

Last edited:

robt772000

Mar 21, 2010
I have a Korean made KE7 Optus version. At least it was an Optus version for about 1 hour after I got home and rooted it and put Cog 1.12 on it. 1.5ghz FTW.
I came from a Nexus One so I have had every rom ever on it. Even Ubuntu. But the SGS2 is amazing.
Good data speed on Optus. No dropouts yet.

roosta

Oct 26, 2010
Melbourne
Telstra
Get TelstraOne app from Android Market. It will give u unmetered access to news, sports, weather, Bigpond, and billing. See
http://exchange.telstra.com.au/2011/07/13/new-app-bring-unmetered-content-to-next-g-androids

@sm98 Good tip about that HD Voice.

New tests today peaked at 2.34 on the SGS1 phone. Though, as i am using Telecom NZ firmware on Froyo OS, the TelstraOne and Telstra usage apps have come in handy, thanks for that; never thought to look in the market, the most obvious place!

there sees to be .WAP / .IPH / .INTERNET apn settings for telstra. Is everyone using either one of these?

RoOSTA

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys,

The Galaxy S2 is an extremely powerful (and very popular) smartphone in the market today - and since Samsung have sold a record number of these worldwide, figured its about to BOOM bigtime; particularly in Australia as prices start to fall and phone plans start to drop. Because of this, I wanted to provide other Aussie members on these forums with a HANDY point of reference, as a lot of guides & tutorials are for different models or have different specifications and require some tweaking. Use this thread as a guide, a starting point, or utilise this thread for other aussie general help.

Please help by posting what build you have on your SGS2, your speed test results in australia, modem type, network,etc...Your experiences, your advice, any input is appreciated. Ive only done the first 15 pages thus far:

Members and their SGS2's on the following networks:

VODAFONE
    unrealtb
    MealsOnWheels
    anuj25
    Jesmicael
    akira888
    infra4800
    fuusuke

OPTUS
    HeavySixEight
    sm98
    jwonga
    robt772000
    ausdrioder
    sabamacx
    jinx405
    beaver2233
    Sico69galaxy
    mrxd
    cheetah2k

TELSTRA
    roosta
    tjjensen23
    bentothemaxx
    zeitgeb3r
    BennyT83
    gunigugu
    Plopz
    shtumpa
    irv777
    extremeit79
    maark11
    YukiestRapier
    alexeiw123

UNKNOWN:
    380AU
    jerome.d

page 2: Optus/Telstra tips/tricks on FW: diable fast dormancy, GPS info etc

page 5: Full review of phone (photo/vid), usb drivers, oldin, complete phone service manual, letter codes

page 10:Specifics for rooted phone 3g hack

page 11: undervolting and saving battery life steps

Thanks guys

RoOSTA
    Shotty's Helper Post

I myself have a i9100T which was originally bought on contract from Telstra, but my mate loved iPhones too much and didn't want to change so I grabbed it for a song in June 2011. I've had it running on several ROMs, starting with OEM Ginger to JB 4.2.2., but I've found it's most stable on IceCream 4.0.4. It's currently running:
    Jellybean 4.1.2 - Slim-3.1.0-Official (JZO54K) ROM
    3.0.15-CM-HardCorePawn 'rooted' kernel
    I9100XXMS4 modem with 'telstra.iph' APN

Everything works wonderfully well - it's fast, has great battery life, the images, screen, text, video all look great, the sound for a phone call is clear and loud, ringtones are loud, the Bluetooth works with my car stereo and I can play video from it to my Samsung LED TV via wi-fi.

Thing is, not all I9100's are the same...

If you're lucky enough to have an i9100M, or perhaps an i9210/i9210T or an i9100G, just be aware that you have differences in hardware. With that, do your research thoroughly before flashing something that may not work properly on your device, or even worse, kill it. The i9100/i9100T/i9100 International and the i9100G both run the same CPU, a 1.2GHz dual core Cortex-A9. The i9100/T/Int'l has the Exynos chipset, i9100G has a (slower) Texas Instruments OMAP4430. For graphics, the i9100/T/Int'l has the (more powerful) Mali 400MP, i9100G runs the PowerVR SGX540 GPU. This is why they need slightly different ROMs and firmwares, due to the differences in hardware. The G, the T and the International are not 4G/LTE (Long Term Evolution) capable.

The i9100M is the Canadian Galaxy S2-class device with 4G/LTE capability, featuring the same CPU and chipset as a i9100/T/Int'l. The i9210 (and its 'T' variant, which Telstra Australia have as their Galaxy S2-class 4G device) has more grunt and better graphics than all of those. It comes with a 1.5GHz dual core Scorpion CPU, Qualcomm Snapdragon APQ8060 chipset and Adreno 220 GPU. Rooting for these other phones is a little bit different, from what I've been told, because of the presence of (1) the LTE chip, (2) different chipset, and (3) different GPU, in your device. I've only ever had a SGS-1 i9000 and my current SGS-2 i9100T, so unfortunately I don't know a great deal about devices I've never worked on.

If you're looking for help with the i9210/i9210T, the thread for your device is here below...

i9210T:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1593061

For the best way to compare phones, tablets etc., there are two sites which are always 'top of the game' when it comes to hardware specifications, release dates and the like. They are GSM Arena and PDA Database. Click on their names to visit their Homepage(s).

Okay, how do you get the best out of a I9100/I9100T?

Firstly, may I just say follow these instructions to the letter before coming to me with questions. I have spent the best part of three years tinkering with my own i9100, also researching across XDA-Developers and a number of other Android forums to take the very best information that actually works time and again.
    And we start afresh. Back up your device - all your photos and music, etc. - to your PC, then you're going to need to make a trip to SamMobile.com, join up with them (if you haven't already) and go jumping through their hoops to find the 595.16MB ZIP archive known as...
    Australian Stock Unbranded XSA Jellybean ROM (4.1.2). The file itself you're looking for is called I9100XWLSH_I9100XSALSA_XSA.zip, and you find it by logging into your SamMobile account, navigating your way to their firmwares database then clicking on the correct device names in the dropdowns. It's a slow site, so give it time, but you're looking for:
    Galaxy GT-I9100, Australia (XSA) 4.1.2
    DO NOT grab the Optus one, or any other 'carrier-branded' firmware unless you want to fill your device with rubbish and wait longer for a larger file to download. Create a New folder on your Desktop, then (using WinRAR or 7ZIP) extract the contents of the ZIP you downloaded into that folder.
    Next, go grab a nice little program called Odin, available here (thanks to daerragh)...

http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s3/themes-apps/27-08-2013-odin-3-09-odin-1-85-versions-t2189539

Odin is what you use to 'flash' the new firmware into your phone, and there is plenty of advice and assistance available in the thread you'll visit to grab the application so I won't go into details here. Another thing about Odin, it is one of the most stable ways of performing the next step - rooting.

You'll find throughout XDA a number of device-specific threads and posts about how to gain root access to your device. One thing you'll definitely need is what's known as a 'rooted kernel'. The one just below is specifically for the i9100 and JellyBean, and if you have issues with what to do or how to do it, post a Help request on that thread (thanks to PhilZ)...

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=31310884&postcount=3

The specific file you are looking for is under the heading << 22.03.2013 - PhilZ-cwm6 v4.90.8 with CWM 6.0.3.0 based recovery >>, and is called PhilZ-cwm6-XWLSH-XSA-4.90.8.tar.md5. Again, you use Odin to 'flash' that into your phone.

Once you've done that, you'll be looking for a way to get rid of the 'dreaded' Yellow Triangle. Go check out...

chainfire's TriangleAway Thread

and follow the instructions from the Master himself. Grab the TriangleAway-v3.26.apk from the link at the bottom of that post, and throw the man a Donation - the guy reigns supreme with these devices and deserves every bit of credit for the support he gives us all.

Okay. Right here is the most important step - BACKUP YOUR DEVICE'S EFS FOLDER!!! This is a location where information pertaining to your device's IMEI number are stored, and this folder can sometimes be wiped when you flash a custom ROM. Of course, it's much easier for yourself or any phone app. written for the purpose to do this task when the device is rooted, which is why I'm discussing it after I let you know about gaining root access. Read this excellent guide for a thorough explanation of the how's and why's of this very important piece of the custom ROM puzzle (thanks to Rawat)...

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=13566061&postcount=1

Next, go and find yourself a ROM, preferably a Samsung-based one. AOKP (Android Open Kang Project) ones are okay, but they come with a little 'statistics' app that you can't get rid of, and is a pain in the 'ah-hem' to disable. The origins of AOKP ROMs have been rewritten by a group of developers using Android sources, but it's kinda like trying to write a version of Apple iOS that runs on an IBM clone designed for Windows. It works, and some do really work well because on the surface they're Android, but underneath????
    The thing with AOSP (Android Open Source Project) ROMs is, they are built on Google's original Android source code, so you're getting the base code of the OS exactly as the Original Programmer intended. The manufacturers then get their grubby little hands on that code, then go to town making it control their hardware in the manner they want.
    Now, the list of Original (Custom) ROMs for the i9100 that are shared here on XDA can be seen by following the link below...

http://xdaforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1058

For custom ROMs that are 'outside the box' (so to speak), such as MIUI ROMs, 'nightlies' and AOKP ROMs, check out the thread below...

http://xdaforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1204

If you have questions about the ROM itself, how to 'flash' the ROM, or anything else about that particular release, ask them of the ROM Chef in the thread where you got it from. They're the ones who cooked it, so they've already gone through the trials and errors and successes of getting their ROM working on an i9100, making them the best guys and gals to ask if you have dramas with the ROM. 99.9% of the time the ROM Chef's thread will have in the first couple of posts Instructions on How To Flash, FAQ's, known issues, etc.

The advice I give everyone regardless of what device you have is, Back the damn thing up first - it's called a nandroid backup, Google it - and make sure you clean all traces of the old firmware out of your phone thoroughly. More often than not, the dramas people have when they get up and running on a newly flashed ROM (or, issues in restarting the device after a flash) can be directly attributed to remnants of the old ROM interfering with the new. This is especially so for flashing via Recovery. If you use Odin to flash a Stock firmware, it pretty much smashes its way over the top of whatever you've got installed, and gives you a fresh palate to work with.

Go and grab hawkerpaul's scripted cleaner kits - GS2KernelWipeV2.02 and GS2ROMWipeV2.02 (they are run in Recovery Mode) before installing any new custom ROM (after rooting). They are available from the XDA thread link below (thanks to hawkerpaul). If you have any questions about those scripts, be sure to post them on that thread and NOT here on the 'Australian AU Galaxy S II (help/rooting/updates,etc)' thread...

Click HERE for HawkerPaul's Cleaner Scripts

Now, if you're having issues with carrier network connectivity, call quality, mobile internet etc., it could be either your network APN (Access Point Name) settings or your ROM's 'modem' package. APN settings are within the phone's Network setup menu. The best list of Australian carrier APN's I've found is at Ausdroid Forums. Modems are a sort of 'try them until you get one you're happy with' kind of thing, and the best list of modems is hosted by XDA's very own Legend Of Radios, aprilia at...
    Code:
    http://d-h.st/users/ApriliaM3/?fld_id=7318#files
    Unfortunately our esteemed colleague doesn't have a great deal to do with our now antique devices, so my advice is to grab a few of the modem ZIPs there and take at least two days of testing each until you get one that gives you enwhitenment. What Aprilia has there gets flashed through CWM Recovery, and the best Australian modems as of December 2014 are XXMS2, and XXMS4.

After reading through the above, if you're still stuck for ideas I have another Helper Post that you can check out...

Click HERE for Shotty's Other Helper Post

Hope that gets your device running smikko, and if you're that stuck you need a bit of special attention, PM me. Lastly, make sure to click on the Thanks button if you got help from this tutorial...
    I've attached CWM flashable zip for the new Vodafone modem for ICS enjoy!

I9100TDULP4
    XWLP4: Download
    Firmware info: PDA:XWLP4|PHONE:XXLPS|CSC:OPSLP4

XWLP4 Stock Kernel: Download
    Password: intratech@XDA

---------- Post added at 02:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:48 PM ----------

G'day All,
    Do i have to unroot my SG2 to install Optus ICS firmware ?

I will appreciate your answer thank$
    RR

NO :):):):):):):):):):)
    I forgot ask still 1 question:
    If I will buy smartphone in Optus shop,how long time will take from Optus do udpates new firmwares?

For example:Samsung issues new firmware for "clear"(without special Optus Menu) SGS 1.After how long time will come new firmware to Optus SGS 1?

If Optus stock the phone before Telstra, which they do, they are liekly to release their version of the newer firmware before Telstra. From my experience in Andriod, Telstra are very slow with their releases. But if you want a clean firmware with NO locked Optus apps, you are usually better off getting another compatable version thats already out there (as i mentioned i have Telecom NZ firmware on my Telstra SGS1, they took WAAY to long to release Froyo last year).

To answer a previous question you had; dont pay anything over or near $700. I got mine for $525 with post (albeit from terrible retailer Soppingsquare - see pg4) , which im still waiting on. Will report everything when i get it.

In the meantime, if you havent seen this site; www.samfirmware.com is fantastic, here's some useful stuff from there - i'd recommend signing up as a member:

Full review of the phone, photos, videos etc:
    http://www.samfirmware.com/galaxysii.htm

USB driver, Odin 1.83 (not sure if latest), Service Manual and a COMPLETE Letter guide to understand the specific model of your phone, revision, version (etc), i pavckaged this all up as one RAR file for you guys to look at.
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ADRME290

If you download, its appreciated you click the 'thanks' button. Hope that helps some of the new guys.

RoOSTA