Ballistic SG for $19.76 shipped!

Search This thread

_MetalHead_

Jun 30, 2010
Portland
Thanks for the review/pics.

I have a question, which pretty much is a deal breaker for me.
The rubber that is around the edges and on the corners; how bad does it grip when sliding in and out of a jean pocket? This case make it look almost impossible to slide it in an out of my front pockets. Thanks.

I find the One X to be uncomfortable in my front pocket without a case. It's actually quite hard for me to deal with since I got so used to tossing the [relatively] tiny iPhone 4S in my front pocket. I do wear skinnier (read: NOT skinny) jeans which adds to the discomfort. I'd imagine with some looser jeans it might be... tolerable. That said, with a case on there is just no chance of it going in there, but for the sake of giving you an answer, I agonized through testing it out and found that while it isn't much worse than the bare One X, it does pick up a sh*t ton of lint on its travels in and out of my pocket.

It does slide in and out with relative ease, however. I averaged the percentage of added resistance across three separate ingress/egress tests and cross referenced my figures with a control (a completely bare One X), and came up with 37%. That is, there is on average 37% more resistance when sliding the phone in and out of your pocket. The Otterbox Commuter is slightly more comfortable in the front than the Ballistic due to its slimmer, slicker, and more curved profile and adds only 26% more resistance. These were highly scientific tests and were conducted by a highly trained professional in a controlled environment, and it is not recommended that you attempt to duplicate them at home. There is also the possibility that I am completely full of sh*t, and while that seems unlikely, it is highly probable.

Last edited:

skydirt

Dec 6, 2007
Thanks for the replies.
No skinny jeans here, but my front jeans pocket is where my phone always is and I need a case that protects as well as the Ballistic case, but allows it to slide in and out easily.

Thanks for the replies.
No skinny jeans here, but my front jeans pocket is where my phone always is and I need a case that protects as well as the Ballistic case, but allows it to slide in and out easily.

Well seeing that Amazon has them cheaper than cost, give it a shot. I'm no scientist like our friend _MetalHead_, I never had a problem getting my phone in and out of any of my pockets.

ricktat

Nov 14, 2011
They went back to $20.25 shipped today for a little while so I did end up ordering one.

Otterbox will be going back if I really like it.. If not will just keep both.

ws2112

May 12, 2012
got this case a few days ago, really like the design and added protection. but I have to say that this rubber cover sure is a dust magnet. sliding it in and out of my pocket leaves some really visible dusts on the screen and the corners of the case

lunercrab

Sep 13, 2009
I'm guessing these don't come with the belt clip like the otterbox defender case huh?

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA

marcolorenzo

May 17, 2012
Does anyone know if this fits the international version? It should since the US version is slightly bigger but can anyone confirm this? And if it does fit, is it still tightly moulded around the phone or is the extra space noticeable?

ricktat

Nov 14, 2011
$21 shipped with Prime today.

This thing as been up and down worse than the stock market

$21 shipped with Prime today.

This thing as been up and down worse than the stock market

I know. I had just missed it at $15.00 when I ordered mine.

But most of the times, all of the sellers are selling these things at the same price. Even if one lists it @ $16 plus shipping it will end up being the same price as the higher one being shipped with free shipping.

ricktat

Nov 14, 2011
And now its $19 with Free Prime 2 day shipping.

These guys are at war to see who can lose the most money.

ricktat

Nov 14, 2011
I really like this case. the Otterbox went back without a second thought. I liked the Otterbox for my SG2 and Captivate but not for the HOX. It feels great in your hand and the backing is really nice. For the price its great too.

afrat

May 22, 2012
I just received this case in the mail today and I gotta say, it's a fantastic case for $20. It feels really solid and seems like it's going to protect the phone just fine. If you are on the fence about it, just get it.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

ericjwdchen

Feb 27, 2012
I just posted a review of the case. Check it out and see what you think of the case.

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just giving you guys the heads up, I found the Ballistic SG case on Amazon for $19.76 shipped which is more or less $15 off the retail price. It's even cheaper than it is on ebay. For those that don't know, it's a two piece sorta like the Otterbox Commuter but is a lot more protective and I think it looks a lot slicker. I had the SG for my Epic 4G Touch and my iPhone 4S and I loved it. It really is a great deal so I would jump on it, according to Amazon there were only 4 left and I snagged one of them.

http://www.amazon.com/Ballistic-SG0...8GGK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1336701685&sr=8-1

htc_one_x_ballistic_sg_large.jpg