[Q] blank screen in download mode

Search This thread

ducam

Feb 12, 2014
hi all
after an ota update i have only a black sreen when in download mode and also i have not anymore the screen whith the model name at boot. this is a small issue as the download mode still works and i have been able to install with no problems cmw recovery and the wonderfull megafirev3 rom but i would like to fix it. Is there any way to reinstall the bootloader avoiding to install a new rom with knox ?

thanks

brunte

Aug 19, 2009
Im sorry that i don't have a solution, but i just want to let you know that i have the exact same problem. it was that way after i got it back from display repairs. it's apparently not that uncommon amongst other Samsung devices as well...

ducam

Feb 12, 2014
Im sorry that i don't have a solution, but i just want to let you know that i have the exact same problem. it was that way after i got it back from display repairs. it's apparently not that uncommon amongst other Samsung devices as well...

thank you for your answer. the funny thing is that also for me it was after taking back my phone from samsung service which changed the display. but i think it's only a coincidence as immediately after i took the phone it worked then i installed the french stock firmware and after this an ota update and then the download mode page disappeared.
As I wrote before is not a big issue but I'm afraid could happen the same for the recovery page.

brunte

Aug 19, 2009
hopefully it will not... I managed to enter recovery but not download mode graphically after i got it back from repairs. After that i flashed CWM and that is working well with graphics also. Probably it all comes down to a quirky boot loader installed at the service place. I would expect the problem to disappear if I flashed a new firmware with KNOX boot loader, but I'm definitely not sure. Anyways I got myself a jig to make it easier to enter download mode since the timing gets a bit tricky without the graphical guidance :)