[ROM][BASE] 5.07.651.6 Stock - Rooted - Latest Supersonic OTA

Search This thread

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer
UPDATE 17-MAY-2013 - Just uploaded a deodexed copy of the latest OTA-based ROM. Other than being deodexed, it's identical to the Odex version.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE 18-FEBRUARY-2013 - After a long hiatus, HTC released an OTA which apparently updates some security. There was also a radio update (which you can get to by clicking the radio number in my sig). Right now I'm just posting the base as-is, with the only changes being root and busybox added. I didn't deodex the ROM or update any of the apps (which are COMPLETELY outdated). If I have time, I'll consider doing more, but I wanted to at least get the base out there for others to use. So, please do ;).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE 11-AUGUST-2012 - Version 2.3 released! Mostly bugfixes. See Changelog and download links in Post #2!

UPDATE 29-JULY-2012 - Version 2.2 released! See Changelog and download links in Post #2!

UPDATE 27-JULY-2012 - Version 2.1 released! Only change from 2.01 is the addition of the percentage battery mod, as pictured here.

UPDATE 26-JULY-2012 - Version 2 released! Big Change Log can be found in Post #2. I will probably be doing another quick, minor update, because I forgot to update Busybox to the latest version. Expect that in a few minutes.
UPDATE #2: DONE! Link in Post #2 updated to reflect latest version (2.01). If you already downloaded v2, you should still be fine.

UPDATE 23-JULY-2012 - Due to several requests, I have created a "more" stock version of ROM, with only the following modifications:

Rooted
Busybox included
Zipaligned APKs
Wireless N enabled
Odexed & Deodexed Versions

Download Links in Post #2.

UPDATE 30-MAY-2012 - Just extracted the Kernel from this OTA update. Links to Stock & Wireless N modded versions can be found in Post #2.

Original Post:

I downloaded and posted the OTA here, so I figured I'd try my hand at putting together a stock rooted version of it (since the initial unrooted version was giving my device problems).

So, this is my first thread here in EVO 4G Development (so go easy on me!!), and while it's not really development per se (it's not like I built any of this stuff), it is a ROM, and this is apparently where ROMs go :rolleyes:.

So, on to the goods:

Stock ROM (odex)
Software Version: 5.07.651.1
Busybox included
Zipaligned
a2sd enabled (if SD card is partitioned)
Wireless N enabled
Moved most Bloat & Play Store apps to /data for easy uninstallation (except Quick Search)
Updated all Play Store apps to latest versions
Removed Sprint NFL (no longer available from Sprint)
Talk updated to version with working Video Chat
Native Screenshot added in

Everything else is stock!

Download links in Post #2.

UPDATE 5/26/2012 - Sprint TV Widget removed (new app includes widget)

UPDATE 5/25/2012 - Wi-Fi & 4G connect issue fixed!

Other Changes:
Updated Busybox to latest version (1.20.0)
a2sd updated to latest version (phone will reboot twice after initial flash)

dsixda (for Android Kitchen)
Stericson (for Busybox app)
aamikam
tommytomatoe
ca1ne
Rydah805 (for GTalk w/Video)

Some Screenshots:

attachment.php

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Last edited:

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer
Bug Report

None as of 8/11/2012 build (v2.3)

Change Log

5/17/2013 - New Base
  • Uploaded Deodexed version of latest base (5.07.651.6) and mirrors

2/18/2013 - New Base
  • Base updated to 5.07.651.6 from latest OTA

8/11/2012 - Version 2.3
  • build.prop updated to reflect Wireless b/g/n (thanks to MACHETE! for pointing this out)
  • Extended Quick Settings updated to fix "Preparing SD Card" toast message (thanks to ca1ne, and MACHETE! for pointing out)
  • Fixed DT a2sd issue where A2SD GUI wasn't working properly (thanks to MACHETE! for ponting this out too)
  • DEODEXED ONLY - Added Zipalign APKs on boot by default and move Dalvik-Cache to SD by default (can be changed in Terminal or w/A2SD GUI)
  • ODEXED ONLY - Added Zipalign APKs on boot by default (can be changed in Terminal or w/A2SD GUI)

7/29/2012 - Version 2.2
  • Extended Quick Settings added! (thanks to ca1ne)
  • Circle Battery Mod now default!
  • Sprint VVM updated to latest version
  • Play Store updated to latest version (downloading over 4G now works again)
  • HTC Mobile Guide moved to /data (is now uninstallable)
  • Sprint Installer moved back to /system (Sprint apps should now update without errors)

7/27/2012 - Version 2.1
  • Percent Battery Mod added

7/26/2012 - Version 2.01
  • Busybox updated to 1.20.2

7/26/2012 - Version 2
  • Now Odexed AND Deodexed versions available!
  • Teeter moved to /data (is now uninstallable)
  • Play Store updated to version 3.7.13
  • All /data apps updated to latest Play Store versions
  • Removed Apple-patent "App Associations" and restored previous link-clicking ability (thanks to steal25 from the LTE forums for this)
  • Added Advanced Power Menu (thanks to ca1ne)
  • Added Hacked Hotspot (thanks to ca1ne)
  • Added Quick Settings (thanks to ca1ne) - version without Recent Apps included, as I find it redundant with long-press Home.
  • EPST downgraded to 2.1 version that allows PRL to be updated (using ##775# + your device's MSL code)
  • Superuser updated to version 3.1.3

7/23/2012 - "More" stock versions
  • Initial Release (don't expect any updates to these)

5/26/2012
  • Sprint TV Widget removed (new app includes widget)

5/25/2012
  • Wi-Fi & 4G connect issue fixed!
  • Updated Busybox to latest version (1.20.0)
  • a2sd updated to latest version (phone will reboot twice after initial flash)

5/24/2012
  • Initial Release

FAQ

Q: What is the Android version of this ROM?
A: 2.3.5, same as the previous OTA.

Q: Was an updated radio included with this OTA?
A: No - no firmware updates were included.

Q: Is the old EPST that allows PRL updates included?
A: No it isn't. I considered adding it, but decided to keep all the apps up-to-date.
UPDATE: As of v2, downgraded EPST is included!

Download Links

Current Release
5.07.651.6 Stock Rooted - Odex | Mirror
5.07.651.6 Stock Rooted - Deodexed | Mirror

Previous Releases
5.07.651.1 Stock Rooted (Throwback-style) - Version 2.3 - Deodexed | Mirror
5.07.651.1 Stock Rooted (Throwback-style) - Version 2.3 - Odexed | Mirror

5.07.651.1 Stock Rooted (Throwback-style) - Version 2.2 - Deodexed
5.07.651.1 Stock Rooted (Throwback-style) - Version 2.2 - Odexed

5.07.651.1 Stock Rooted (Throwback-style) - Version 2.1 - Deodexed | Mirror
5.07.651.1 Stock Rooted (Throwback-style) - Version 2.1 - Odexed | Mirror

5.07.651.1 Stock Rooted (Throwback-style) - Version 2.01 - Deodexed
5.07.651.1 Stock Rooted (Throwback-style) - Version 2.01 - Odexed

5.07.651.1 Stock Rooted - Version 1 (Odexed Only)

"More" Stock Versions
5.07.651.1 MORE Stock Rooted - Deodexed
5.07.651.1 MORE Stock Rooted - Odexed

5.07.651.1 Stock Kernel

Mods (Version 2.x ONLY)

Stock Percentage Battery Mod (Deodexed Only)
Circle Battery Mod | ODEXED | DEODEXED
Updated Sprint VVM (version T.5.3.0.32) - Installable on all versions

Attachments

• Sprint_VVM_T.5.3.0.32.apk
    2.4 MB · Views: 3,305
  • 5.07.651.1_Deodexed_Percent_Battery.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 1,003
Last edited:

volk9029

May 10, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Finally, a rom from Captain_Throwback. Thank you.

Sent by the future owner of the HTC phone the government doesn't want me to have.

NxNW

Apr 11, 2011
Yes. Click the link in the first sentence of this thread and look at the screenshots

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA

rjd728

Oct 1, 2010
Thanks for rolling this out to us! Yes....I used the button as well. LOL Be interesting to install and tweak to see how it runs. :D

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer
I ran into problem. Anyone having problems connecting to WiFi network? I'm on stock kernel.

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium
I'm seeing the same issue. It acts like it's going to connect, but never does. It's probably because of the Wireless N fix (though that's never caused a problem for me before).

I'll see if I can fix it. In the meantime, this zip should get it working. It'll take away Wireless N capability for the time being, but at least it'll get Wi-Fi working.

EDIT: Hmmm, that didn't seem to fix it either. Odd. I'll have to reflash the original OTA file and see if that breaks my Wi-Fi. Nothing I did should've messed it up :confused:.

Attachments

• 5.07.651.1_WiFi_Fix.zip
    273.5 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:

greengiant1969

Jun 11, 2010
Columbus Ohio
I'm seeing the same issue. It acts like it's going to connect, but never does. It's probably because of the Wireless N fix (though that's never caused a problem for me before).

I'll see if I can fix it. In the meantime, this zip should get it working. It'll take away Wireless N capability for the time being, but at least it'll get Wi-Fi working.

EDIT: Hmmm, that didn't seem to fix it either. Odd. I'll have to reflash the original OTA file and see if that breaks my Wi-Fi. Nothing I did should've messed it up :confused:.

Same here I tried fix also.

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer
I did that and it still didn't work. I was thinking that also. :(

Where is that thing at? I was looking around and couldn't even find it.

I'm currently reinstalling the OTA and will confirm that Wi-Fi works after initially applying it. If it does, I'll try pulling the Wi-Fi module directly from the ROM, and then add it to the rooted zip.

Mazda

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 19, 2008
Hey Captain_Throwback, does this have the old EPST.apk that lets you use the ##DATA# codes??

Is not a deal breaker here because I have it handy as I'm always switching PRLs and such BUT would be cool to include it in the ROM :)

Thanks again for this!

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer
Hey Captain_Throwback, does this have the old EPST.apk that lets you use the ##DATA# codes??

Is not a deal breaker here because I have it handy as I'm always switching PRLs and such BUT would be cool to include it in the ROM :)

Thanks again for this!
It doesn't. I did think about including it, but figured since this is based on the latest OTA, I'd try and keep everything current.

Reactions: Mazda

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    UPDATE 17-MAY-2013 - Just uploaded a deodexed copy of the latest OTA-based ROM. Other than being deodexed, it's identical to the Odex version.

UPDATE 18-FEBRUARY-2013 - After a long hiatus, HTC released an OTA which apparently updates some security. There was also a radio update (which you can get to by clicking the radio number in my sig). Right now I'm just posting the base as-is, with the only changes being root and busybox added. I didn't deodex the ROM or update any of the apps (which are COMPLETELY outdated). If I have time, I'll consider doing more, but I wanted to at least get the base out there for others to use. So, please do ;).

UPDATE 11-AUGUST-2012 - Version 2.3 released! Mostly bugfixes. See Changelog and download links in Post #2!

UPDATE 29-JULY-2012 - Version 2.2 released! See Changelog and download links in Post #2!

UPDATE 27-JULY-2012 - Version 2.1 released! Only change from 2.01 is the addition of the percentage battery mod, as pictured here.

UPDATE 26-JULY-2012 - Version 2 released! Big Change Log can be found in Post #2. I will probably be doing another quick, minor update, because I forgot to update Busybox to the latest version. Expect that in a few minutes.
    UPDATE #2: DONE! Link in Post #2 updated to reflect latest version (2.01). If you already downloaded v2, you should still be fine.

UPDATE 23-JULY-2012 - Due to several requests, I have created a "more" stock version of ROM, with only the following modifications:

Rooted
    Busybox included
    Zipaligned APKs
    Wireless N enabled
    Odexed & Deodexed Versions

Download Links in Post #2.

UPDATE 30-MAY-2012 - Just extracted the Kernel from this OTA update. Links to Stock & Wireless N modded versions can be found in Post #2.

Original Post:

I downloaded and posted the OTA here, so I figured I'd try my hand at putting together a stock rooted version of it (since the initial unrooted version was giving my device problems).

So, this is my first thread here in EVO 4G Development (so go easy on me!!), and while it's not really development per se (it's not like I built any of this stuff), it is a ROM, and this is apparently where ROMs go :rolleyes:.

So, on to the goods:

Stock ROM (odex)
    Software Version: 5.07.651.1
    Busybox included
    Zipaligned
    a2sd enabled (if SD card is partitioned)
    Wireless N enabled
    Moved most Bloat & Play Store apps to /data for easy uninstallation (except Quick Search)
    Updated all Play Store apps to latest versions
    Removed Sprint NFL (no longer available from Sprint)
    Talk updated to version with working Video Chat
    Native Screenshot added in

Everything else is stock!

Download links in Post #2.

UPDATE 5/26/2012 - Sprint TV Widget removed (new app includes widget)

UPDATE 5/25/2012 - Wi-Fi & 4G connect issue fixed!

Other Changes:
    Updated Busybox to latest version (1.20.0)
    a2sd updated to latest version (phone will reboot twice after initial flash)

dsixda (for Android Kitchen)
    Stericson (for Busybox app)
    aamikam
    tommytomatoe
    ca1ne
    Rydah805 (for GTalk w/Video)

Some Screenshots:

attachment.php

attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php
    Bug Report

None as of 8/11/2012 build (v2.3)

Change Log

5/17/2013 - New Base
    • Uploaded Deodexed version of latest base (5.07.651.6) and mirrors

2/18/2013 - New Base
    • Base updated to 5.07.651.6 from latest OTA

8/11/2012 - Version 2.3
    • build.prop updated to reflect Wireless b/g/n (thanks to MACHETE! for pointing this out)
    • Extended Quick Settings updated to fix "Preparing SD Card" toast message (thanks to ca1ne, and MACHETE! for pointing out)
    • Fixed DT a2sd issue where A2SD GUI wasn't working properly (thanks to MACHETE! for ponting this out too)
    • DEODEXED ONLY - Added Zipalign APKs on boot by default and move Dalvik-Cache to SD by default (can be changed in Terminal or w/A2SD GUI)
    • ODEXED ONLY - Added Zipalign APKs on boot by default (can be changed in Terminal or w/A2SD GUI)

7/29/2012 - Version 2.2
    • Extended Quick Settings added! (thanks to ca1ne)
    • Circle Battery Mod now default!
    • Sprint VVM updated to latest version
    • Play Store updated to latest version (downloading over 4G now works again)
    • HTC Mobile Guide moved to /data (is now uninstallable)
    • Sprint Installer moved back to /system (Sprint apps should now update without errors)

7/27/2012 - Version 2.1
    • Percent Battery Mod added

7/26/2012 - Version 2.01
    • Busybox updated to 1.20.2

7/26/2012 - Version 2
    • Now Odexed AND Deodexed versions available!
    • Teeter moved to /data (is now uninstallable)
    • Play Store updated to version 3.7.13
    • All /data apps updated to latest Play Store versions
    • Removed Apple-patent "App Associations" and restored previous link-clicking ability (thanks to steal25 from the LTE forums for this)
    • Added Advanced Power Menu (thanks to ca1ne)
    • Added Hacked Hotspot (thanks to ca1ne)
    • Added Quick Settings (thanks to ca1ne) - version without Recent Apps included, as I find it redundant with long-press Home.
    • EPST downgraded to 2.1 version that allows PRL to be updated (using ##775# + your device's MSL code)
    • Superuser updated to version 3.1.3

7/23/2012 - "More" stock versions
    • Initial Release (don't expect any updates to these)

5/26/2012
    • Sprint TV Widget removed (new app includes widget)

5/25/2012
    • Wi-Fi & 4G connect issue fixed!
    • Updated Busybox to latest version (1.20.0)
    • a2sd updated to latest version (phone will reboot twice after initial flash)

5/24/2012
    • Initial Release

FAQ

Q: What is the Android version of this ROM?
    A: 2.3.5, same as the previous OTA.

Q: Was an updated radio included with this OTA?
    A: No - no firmware updates were included.

Q: Is the old EPST that allows PRL updates included?
    A: No it isn't. I considered adding it, but decided to keep all the apps up-to-date.
    UPDATE: As of v2, downgraded EPST is included!

Download Links

Current Release
    5.07.651.6 Stock Rooted - Odex | Mirror
    5.07.651.6 Stock Rooted - Deodexed | Mirror

Previous Releases
    5.07.651.1 Stock Rooted (Throwback-style) - Version 2.3 - Deodexed | Mirror
    5.07.651.1 Stock Rooted (Throwback-style) - Version 2.3 - Odexed | Mirror

5.07.651.1 Stock Rooted (Throwback-style) - Version 2.2 - Deodexed
    5.07.651.1 Stock Rooted (Throwback-style) - Version 2.2 - Odexed

5.07.651.1 Stock Rooted (Throwback-style) - Version 2.1 - Deodexed | Mirror
    5.07.651.1 Stock Rooted (Throwback-style) - Version 2.1 - Odexed | Mirror

5.07.651.1 Stock Rooted (Throwback-style) - Version 2.01 - Deodexed
    5.07.651.1 Stock Rooted (Throwback-style) - Version 2.01 - Odexed

5.07.651.1 Stock Rooted - Version 1 (Odexed Only)

"More" Stock Versions
    5.07.651.1 MORE Stock Rooted - Deodexed
    5.07.651.1 MORE Stock Rooted - Odexed

5.07.651.1 Stock Kernel

Mods (Version 2.x ONLY)

Stock Percentage Battery Mod (Deodexed Only)
    Circle Battery Mod | ODEXED | DEODEXED
    Updated Sprint VVM (version T.5.3.0.32) - Installable on all versions

UPDATE:

So, I re-did everything. I had a working OTA (both WiFi and 4G connected fine), and dumped the ROM from the device. I can only assume something is happening during the dumping process, as I still cannot get WiFi and 4G to connect, after rebuilding it from the dump.

I'm trying one last time right now to get everything working, but I'm not very optimistic at this point :rolleyes:.

Hopefully someone with more knowledge can help out if this last attempt fails.

EDIT: Just as I suspected, this last attempt has also failed. Maybe NinjaWolf can get us a working version. Otherwise, once the RUU leaks, it should be really easy to do. I'll do it then, unless someone beats me to it.

EDIT 2: FIXED IT!!!! The updater-script was missing some symlinks. It seems the newest version of Android Kitchen neglected to put some stuff in there :confused:. At any rate, I used one from a working ROM, and now Wi-Fi and 4G connect! Proof below:

attachment.php
    attachment.php

Uploading fixed version immediately! :D
    New versions are up! Get the quick scoop in the OP, and full change log in Post #2, along with the Download links.

Enjoy! :D

P.S. I did a complete re-org of the first two posts. Hopefully it'll be a little more organized now.

P.P.S. Updated download links (v2.01) now live. Busybox in ROM now updated to 1.20.2.
    hey, nice work. Ive been working on a personal rom for myself using this as a base, but after a few more tweaks Im thinking of posting it up here. Is it find to use your rom as a base? Ill post a link to here.
    It's absolutely fine to use this as a base - that's why I put it together and posted it here ;).

I only ask/hope that you would offer credit for the base in your thread. Besides that, please, share! That's what the community here is all about! :)