Tasker app with Car Installation Help!

Search This thread

RossiFozzi

Jan 6, 2014
Hi everyone,

Just wondering if there is anyone who has mounted there Nexus 7 into a car dash?

Looking for help and hopefully a solution to make it run smoother on start up.

I use tasker to make the tablet turn on when car starts and when car turns off so does the tablet... As well as a couple of other tasks :)
The problem I'm having is the voltage drop when I go from turning the car 'On' to turning the car over. It's messing with Tasker cause it gains power, loses power and then gains power again.

Is there anyone who has made up a profile and task combo that performs this task smoothly?
Any ideas or help would be much appreciated!

Thank you,
Chad.

ppmcbiggs

Jun 25, 2010
You need to create a variable that is tied to the charging state. Lets call it %CHARGESTATE

Then you need to modify your startup script with an IF so that IF the %CHARGESTATE variable is TRUE for 3 seconds (or whatever time your car needs) THEN run the rest of the script, ELSE do nothing.

Do the reverse for the shutdown script.

This is what is called a 'debounce'.

Hi everyone,

Just wondering if there is anyone who has mounted there Nexus 7 into a car dash?

Looking for help and hopefully a solution to make it run smoother on start up.

I use tasker to make the tablet turn on when car starts and when car turns off so does the tablet... As well as a couple of other tasks :)
The problem I'm having is the voltage drop when I go from turning the car 'On' to turning the car over. It's messing with Tasker cause it gains power, loses power and then gains power again.

Is there anyone who has made up a profile and task combo that performs this task smoothly?
Any ideas or help would be much appreciated!

Thank you,
Chad.