[Q] Setting "se android" to permissive?

Search This thread

jpgranger

Mar 3, 2013
Lafayette, La.
On an Odex Stock Sprint S5 with root & PhilZ.

Is there anyway at ALL to change the setenforce to permissive? Anything.....a script, a mod, a .zip? I haven't found anything on the forums.

The simple terminal "su setenforce 0" doesn't work.

Thanks in advance to all that can help.

jp712

Sep 10, 2010
Atlanta, GA
On an Odex Stock Sprint S5 with root & PhilZ.

Is there anyway at ALL to change the setenforce to permissive? Anything.....a script, a mod, a .zip? I haven't found anything on the forums.

The simple terminal "su setenforce 0" doesn't work.

Thanks in advance to all that can help.

I'm facing the same issue! I have rooted with towel root. Need se for android to be premissive so that my pioneer app radio 3 can send touch commands to the device. This has made my nice head unit an over grown radio...

S5 Verizon

Thanks!

2003WRB

Dec 14, 2013
I'm facing the same issue! I have rooted with towel root. Need se for android to be premissive so that my pioneer app radio 3 can send touch commands to the device. This has made my nice head unit an over grown radio...

S5 Verizon

Thanks!

I'm on the same boat as you. I was super excited when the towelroot for my VZW S5 came out only to be disappointed when I searched for a solution to the no touch input issue. :(

bigred97

Apr 27, 2014
You need to flash a kernel that is permissive. I was previously using 'the governaa' wich is a near stock kernel for ND2 and my app radio worked
Since the NE5 update I have not found a near stock kernel to use

jp712

Sep 10, 2010
Atlanta, GA
You need to flash a kernel that is permissive. I was previously using 'the governaa' which is a near stock kernel for ND2 and my app radio worked
Since the NE5 update I have not found a near stock kernel to use

Ok so im back on this hunt again...

Just flashed the Governaa ND2 v1.0a and v0.2 with no success.

Tried the terminal commands setenforce 0 and get enforce still enforcing and this is reflected in system/about too. :-/

Offering a $20 prize to anyone who gets this set to permissive on a stock rom.

SO just noticed that kernel is for a sprint phone... woops! been working on this for the last 5 hours... I give up for tonight.

Last edited:

Dunkin401

Feb 2, 2010
Ok so im back on this hunt again...

Just flashed the Governaa ND2 v1.0a and v0.2 with no success.

Tried the terminal commands setenforce 0 and get enforce still enforcing and this is reflected in system/about too. :-/

Offering a $20 prize to anyone who gets this set to permissive on a stock rom.

SO just noticed that kernel is for a sprint phone... woops! been working on this for the last 5 hours... I give up for tonight.

Is the stock rom de-knoxed?

jp712

Sep 10, 2010
Atlanta, GA

Yeah tried it stock and on the rom I am running now. It says in the app that it changed but getenforce and the system about never shows it as changed. The dev has a note on the app that it does not work with Knox, eventho my rom is Knox free it's still not working. In theory that app should be all I need, but no luck yet.

Sometime this weekend or next week when I get the time I am going to try a few other roms.

Thanks!

jp712

Sep 10, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Custom kernel will get ya there. Can also try this if Knox is truly disabled on your device and it might work with the stock kernel: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2524485

Wanam Xposed also has an option to change to permissive upon boot.

Just a few more options for you.

Would you mind recommending a kernel for the VZW S5? I'm quite familiar with custom roms and the whole process have been doing that for years. Just never messed with changing kernels.

UPDATE:

Ok so I think Im missing something here...

I just flashed http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2741086
Blaze Kernel
Downloaded the zip and flashed it with safestrap. Said it worked.
In about phone my kernel version did not change (Thought it would.)
Still cant seem to disable SElinux.

Thoughts?

Thanks!!

Last edited:

CCallahan

Oct 20, 2010
Rock Chalk
Would you mind recommending a kernel for the VZW S5? I'm quite familiar with custom roms and the whole process have been doing that for years. Just never messed with changing kernels.

UPDATE:

Ok so I think Im missing something here...

I just flashed http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2741086
Blaze Kernel
Downloaded the zip and flashed it with safestrap. Said it worked.
In about phone my kernel version did not change (Thought it would.)
Still cant seem to disable SElinux.

Thoughts?

Thanks!!

This is the Sprint specific thread for the S5. Therefore I cannot speak to what kernels work best on VZW devices. This is a question that is best posted in the VZW thread.

I also cannot comment on kernels that are for the international/unlocked version of the S5. If you are using a Sprint version of the S5 then I would stick with the kernels built for that device. Otherwise post in the threads relative to your device for better answers.

jp712

Sep 10, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Custom kernel will get ya there. Can also try this if Knox is truly disabled on your device and it might work with the stock kernel: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2524485

Wanam Xposed also has an option to change to permissive upon boot.

Just a few more options for you.

Thanks for the ideas.

I have tried flashing other kernels but the kernel version never changes in about. Not sure its really doing it. Have been rooting and chaning roms for years but never messed with the kernels could you recommend one for my S5 on VZW? G900V I believe.

As far as the App , it doesn't work. Also tried Wanam Xposed it never changed the status to permissive.

Also tried an init.d script with a rom that is supposed to support them. Saw the log the script made but it wasnt able to change selinux satus either.

Any other ideas? Trying to get this to work with my Pioneer AppRadio and it has to allow bluetooth touch emulation.

Thanks!

CCallahan

Oct 20, 2010
Rock Chalk
Thanks for the ideas.

I have tried flashing other kernels but the kernel version never changes in about. Not sure its really doing it. Have been rooting and chaning roms for years but never messed with the kernels could you recommend one for my S5 on VZW? G900V I believe.

As far as the App , it doesn't work. Also tried Wanam Xposed it never changed the status to permissive.

Also tried an init.d script with a rom that is supposed to support them. Saw the log the script made but it wasnt able to change selinux satus either.

Any other ideas? Trying to get this to work with my Pioneer AppRadio and it has to allow bluetooth touch emulation.

Thanks!

Like I stated in my previous post, this forum is for the Sprint specific S5. You will have better luck flashing kernels and posting questions in the VZW S5 thread.

jp712

Sep 10, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Like I stated in my previous post, this forum is for the Sprint specific S5. You will have better luck flashing kernels and posting questions in the VZW S5 thread.

I posted that reply while I was at work and had not seen your's yet. I understand that this is a Sprint thread. As you know the phones are very similar and there are some kernels out there that claim to be universal. Just trying to see if someone on the other side of the same road had any input that could help since the developers often tend to support multiple variants. Thanks for the tip tho.