[EVO VIEW][HC][WIP]HoneyComb on the Evo View 4G

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

geert56

Nov 26, 2008
Honeycomb on HTC View what a laugh

I can't understand why anyone would rejoice with having Honeycomb on the HTC EVO View 4G tablet. It really sucks.
I was stupid enough to click yes to the upgrade and now I seem stuck with it. Is there no way to downgrade to good old Gingerbread? Or should we just hope that HTC/Sprint will eventually provide an update that makes the hardware buttons work again? I also have all kinds of issues with installed apps.
Some stopped working, others lost some of their functionality.
I can't get to my employer domino server to read my lotus notes mail on the web browser anymore. What a pain!

Someone please help us get back to Gingerbread!
It would be the ultimate Christmas present.

oldpueblo

Jan 25, 2009
Whatever happened to HTC being more open with their bootloaders? Thought that change was already made?

globatron

Retired Recognized Developer
Jun 15, 2009
All over the place
I can't understand why anyone would rejoice with having Honeycomb on the HTC EVO View 4G tablet. It really sucks.
I was stupid enough to click yes to the upgrade and now I seem stuck with it. Is there no way to downgrade to good old Gingerbread? Or should we just hope that HTC/Sprint will eventually provide an update that makes the hardware buttons work again? I also have all kinds of issues with installed apps.
Some stopped working, others lost some of their functionality.
I can't get to my employer domino server to read my lotus notes mail on the web browser anymore. What a pain!

Someone please help us get back to Gingerbread!
It would be the ultimate Christmas present.

Factory reset after upgrading, that should fix many of the app problems. The method used for this upgrades prevents applications from running the steps they would normally run during an upgrade.

spartan1987

Aug 5, 2010
Atlanta
that's the reason why Globatron post is very usefull:
read before update to HC http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1404284

That's why if you're rooted, you disable the auto-updater, you check the forums regularly, and you arm yourself with the most knowledge possible.
I wonder how many people root their android devices and don't even use any of the functionality whatsoever beyond wireless tether (if that). Sorry, I root lots of people's devices and set them up for them, but they really don't even understand why it's of benefit. Rant = over.:p

kevinrocksman

Oct 18, 2009
personally id stick with GB and flash the viperrom for now until everythings square with HC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Introduction:

This project is temporarily on hold due to financial hardships. I plan to be back very soon.

Since we have HoneyComb for the Flyer already, I wanted to start a thread to try and get HC ported to the View for us Sprint junkies. I'd like to gather information, not only for porting HC, but for the View as a whole. I've done a ton of searching and still haven't found hardly any info for it.

Questions:

These are the random questions I have for now:

-Does the View run the same hardware as the Flyer?
    -What all hardware is in the View?
    -What are the odds of successfully flashing the Flyers Radio.img/hboot.img to the View
    -Others that I haven't thought of, or don't have the time to write out at the moment.

I'd greatly appreciate all the support I can get on this. I'm not familiar with the View or Flyer at all. I come from Evo 4G and Evo 3D development and would really like to get into the View as well.

Thanks in advance everyone.