[ota] [international] 2.18.401.3

Search This thread

tibidul

Apr 13, 2007
Boot in TWRP : Install zip file.
Boot in fastboot : Flash boot.img.
Reboot in system => Still root (TWRP fix it before reboot), and updated.

Just perfect. (and lost apk are back (like light).

Thanks a lot
Hello,
I'm not sure it's possible because I remember having tested to install the zip file of the OTA (the one downloaded by the system when it asked to update) from TWRP and this first step failed.
So if somebody has another solution?
It's boring this OTA notification which always come back, even if I refuse it.

Phoenix09

Dec 1, 2009
Equestria
HTC One X+
HTC Vision: G2
Hello,
I'm not sure it's possible because I remember having tested to install the zip file of the OTA (the one downloaded by the system when it asked to update) from TWRP and this first step failed.
So if somebody has another solution?
It's boring this OTA notification which always come back, even if I refuse it.
edit the updater-script and remove the bootloader check (lines 7 to 17), then it'll flash. then flash boot.img manually

or you can freeze or uninstall the update app with Titanium Backup

Sent from my Galaxy S6 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just got an update notification, haven't installed it yet.

http://fotadl.htc.com/OTA_ENRC2B_U_...2.18.401.2_release_368363utzc3g7jcfsw7nnx.zip

Description:
    This update contains important enhancements and bug fixes, including:
    -Security fix for heartbleed bug
    When in TWRP just browse to the downloaded .zip file (sdcard or download folder) and install manually.
    Mine is installed the exact same way and no problem (Rooted, latest stock ROM and TWRP)
    When in TWRP just browse to the downloaded .zip file (sdcard or download folder) and install manually.
    Mine is installed the exact same way and no problem (Rooted, latest stock ROM and TWRP)

That only installs part of the update. You also need to extract the downloaded .zip file and flash the firmware.zip (see instructions 4-7 in http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2414238). Flashing firmware.zip is a pain because you have to relock your bootloader, and then when you unlock it again (to reflash custom recovery) your entire phone is wiped, so you need to backup the whole 64GB before starting the process and restore it afterwards.

However, there is no hboot in the 2.18.401.3 firmware.zip so for this OTA in particular you just need to extract the boot.img from firmware.zip and flash it with
    Code:
    fastboot flash boot boot.img
    which doesn't require a wipe.
    My HOX+ is rooted with latest stock ROM. Can i use the OTA classic process or do i have to use TWRP ?

Have you unlocked your bootloader?* If so I don't think that the standard OTA process will work, although I haven't personally tried it.

*I expect you have if you are rooted because I'm not aware of a way of rooting a S-ON HOX+ without unlocking the bootloader
    Can someone tell his experience with the New update what are the changes in performance

Sent from my One X+ using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I don't think there are any changes in this update except the heartbleed security fix.

Sent from my LG-V500 using XDA Free mobile app