[Q] Looking for an animation app - talking characters

Search This thread

pcm266

Feb 3, 2013
Hi, I was wondering if anyone could recommend good animation apps, or apps that simply allow me to make
pictures "talk". I've used some apps that kind of achieve this (Chatterpix on iOS, iFunface on Android), but they've
fallen short in some aspects.

I'd like to have an app, that allows me to make pictures talk. For example, if I draw a picture with three characters,
I would simply want to add moving mouths to characters. So, a picture should have several talking characters, who could
talk with each other, interact, and I could choose in which order the recorded lines are spoken by the characters.

The next requirement would be, that I could add several images with other moving characters as frames, so I could combine several of these talking pictures into a story in a video format, prererrably exportable as a movie file for further editing.

I would love to know if anyone knows any apps (for Android, but I also have iOS devices) that allows people to "animate" images like this?

What I don't want, is an app that just lets people upload single images to social media, or add silly accessories on images to jazz them up. This seems to be the most common "talking picture"-app. I'm having hard time discovering any proper animation tools that would do the trick.