[Q] Newer Market coming?

Search This thread

rdrrlabs

Aug 23, 2011
@rdrrlabs
rdrrlabs.com
Does the MT4GS stock have a chance of getting a market update? A friend has a MT4G and it got the new market a while back.

Newer market has a few features I am looking for and this older market is not cutting it.

Any information is helpful.

Limewirelord

Feb 8, 2012
It should automatically update. There should be a way to sideload the market if it doesn't update automatically.

rdrrlabs

Aug 23, 2011
@rdrrlabs
rdrrlabs.com
@Lime - Right I saw it automatically update on the MyTouch 4G and thought maybe the Doubleshot would get the update soon. It hasn't. It's been months.

When you visit the market there is no "market" to update. As it is a system app.

Please keep the thoughts coming.

Ohgami_Ichiro

Jun 18, 2010
Tacoma
It is a known bug that market updater is broken on the 4G Slide. I am not sure if the 1.55 update fixed it but it doesn't seem so.

Edit: ok so I uninstalled the updates and cleared cache. It went back to the old market and it updated but not to the new one though. But 1.55 did fix the market updater. So if you don't grab the newest version below it should update eventually.

Sent from my unrooted, stock, Black myTouch 4G Slide using XDA Premium App.

Last edited:

Ohgami_Ichiro

Jun 18, 2010
Tacoma
That link doesn't work. But it auto updated. If you go to apps and uninstall updates and clear cache it should update to the new one. It just did for me.

rdrrlabs

Aug 23, 2011
@rdrrlabs
rdrrlabs.com
That link doesn't work. But it auto updated. If you go to apps and uninstall updates and clear cache it should update to the new one. It just did for me.

I went to Home, Menu, Settings, Applications, Manage Applications,All Tab and scrolled to "Market"

There are three -

Market 2.3.4, 3.57 MB
Market Feedback Agent 2.3.3, 120 kb
Market Updater 1.0, 4 kb

I cleared cache. There was no way to uninstall any of them or uninstall updates that I could tell.

Coug76

Feb 27, 2011
East of Seattle
I didn't do anything. I just launched the Market App and got a notification for update to Google Play. Didn't do anything to cause it. I am running Pyrosense.

Hastily spouted for your befuddlement.

rdrrlabs

Aug 23, 2011
@rdrrlabs
rdrrlabs.com
I am sure updating to Play is automatic but likely you already had the newer market. In this case I am stuck in the older market, no books, movies, or music, just apps.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using XDA

rdrrlabs

Aug 23, 2011
@rdrrlabs
rdrrlabs.com
Play Store here. Why did they change it?

Sent from my HTC myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk
Google Play is likely a less confusing name than "market" plus as not everything costs money it is a softer sound. Also likely some arguement can be made that games, movies, books, and music are all more "play" oriented.

Now if I could just get the last market to update...I'm not even worried about play right now.

rdrrlabs

Aug 23, 2011
@rdrrlabs
rdrrlabs.com

Top Liked Posts