[Q] I think I screwed my HTC One.

Search This thread

Mondragoonest

Dec 31, 2013
So, I bought a second hand Sprint HTC One from Craigslist about a week ago.. First think I did was followed QBKing77's guide on how to unlock bootloader and root. Did that fairly easily, then went through this thread ( http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2386703 ) to unlock it, had to do the steps in this thread ( http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2491840 ) to get it to work since I had Android 4.3 and was unsure on how to go backwards to Android 4.2.2. After I got my phone unlocked, I went and got a Net10 SIM card and a month card, activated it, threw it in my One, and.. Nothing. No signal what so ever on GSM. It does recognize my SIM, though. So, I flashed to the original Radio from Sprint ( 1.00.20.0315 ), but still couldn't connect to GSM networks. I called Sprint, and they said my phone was still active on a plan, so I went hunting for a way around that.. I saw some things about flashing to Cricket, but I didn't want that. After relocking my bootloader and trying to RUU a few times, and none of them working, I thought I should update the Firmware. So, I downloaded some UL update for 3.62.401.1 without thinking, flashed it onto my device, and when I booted it up, it started a boot loop. I could navigate the phone for a while, but after about 5 minutes of it being turned on, it would reboot. So, I went into TWRP>wipe>advanced wipe> selected Dalvik Cache, Cache, and System. After that, my system now hangs on the HTC boot screen. I can still get into Bootloader, Fastboot, and Recovery. I tried flashing to TWRP 2.5.0.0, but my touch screen stopped working in TWRP when I did that. I just flashed back to 2.6.3.0, and my touch works again in TWRP. I can't get ADB Sideloader to work.. Currently, my Bootloader is Unlocked, S-Off, superCID, HBoot 1.55.0000, Radio 4A.21.3262.04, OpenDSP v32.120.274.0909, OS 1.29.651.10. That's about all the info I can get from Bootloader. It still says Tampered as well.

What should I do? My first step is to hopefully get back to where I can actually see the homescreen.. After that, I'd like to be able to get my phone to work on GSM.. I don't know if that is possible, though. I haven't found anything about someone having a phone that is still on a Sprint plan and being able to use GSM in the US.

Sloth

Inactive RC / Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 23, 2012
Xda-Dev,NV
I already have my phone unlocked. I have the same RUU downloaded from that thread as well, and tried it one more time, and I got Error 155, basically telling me I have the wrong RUU for my device..
Are you 100% sure you are s-off?
Try a different USB Port
USB 2 if possible.

Last edited: