Device hangs on the Samsung galaxy s4 boot screen

Search This thread

FreezIn

Jan 21, 2014
So I flashed CM 11 via the new installer. Everything was a success but one problem. After I flashed it when I reboot it hangs on that screen for a quite of time? Is this normal? Then it successfully booted. Now most of the times when I select power off from the power menu then turn it back on manually, it stuck at that Samsung galaxy s4 screen forever. Unless I remove my external sandisk 8 GB SDcard it will boot up normally. What is going on? I followed everything on the installer and didn't even touch the phone or computer.

re: microsd card

So I flashed CM 11 via the new installer. Everything was a success but one problem. After I flashed it when I reboot it hangs on that screen for a quite of time? Is this normal? Then it successfully booted. Now most of the times when I select power off from the power menu then turn it back on manually, it stuck at that Samsung galaxy s4 screen forever. Unless I remove my external sandisk 8 GB SDcard it will boot up normally. What is going on? I followed everything on the installer and didn't even touch the phone or computer.

You need to format your external sdcard using FAT32 and you will no longer have this issue regardless
of which rom you might be flashing in the future.

Here is the direct download link for the fat32 formatter for windows.
http://download.cnet.com/MiniAide-F...815.html?spi=e1b6eca6ba2a9bfc9c74ffba47b88ad1

You will need to remove your external sdcard from the phone and plug it into it's adaptor or card reader
then copy all files/folders in it to an empty folder on your windows computer so you can have a backup
of all your files and folders.

Then format with fat32 and afterwards copy all files/folders you have backed up back onto the external
sdcard and put the microsd back into your phone.

Good luck!

Reactions: FreezIn

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    re: microsd card

You need to format your external sdcard using FAT32 and you will no longer have this issue regardless
    of which rom you might be flashing in the future.

Here is the direct download link for the fat32 formatter for windows.
    http://download.cnet.com/MiniAide-F...815.html?spi=e1b6eca6ba2a9bfc9c74ffba47b88ad1

You will need to remove your external sdcard from the phone and plug it into it's adaptor or card reader
    then copy all files/folders in it to an empty folder on your windows computer so you can have a backup
    of all your files and folders.

Then format with fat32 and afterwards copy all files/folders you have backed up back onto the external
    sdcard and put the microsd back into your phone.

Good luck!