[Q] Help! What version?

Search This thread

siskiou

May 22, 2011
I want to use the phone on Lycamobile, or possibly Pageplus in the US, once they accept 4G phones, and use local sim cards in Europe.

What version would be the best one to get?
Unlocked N9005?
T-mobile version?
Verizon?

I have several EU sim cards that I could use to activate the unlocked EU version, which should prevent any region lock problems, from what I've been reading.

But I could also unlock a US version (by paying for it, since I won't sign up with any carrier in the US and just use pay as you go providers)?

Which one of the many versions would be the best bet for international use?

radicalisto

Nov 13, 2013
York
Nope can't get LTE everywhere, no way to change the bands currently on the Note 3 that I have seen. It may be possible but I don't think it is.

Reactions: siskiou

xclub_101

Oct 15, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Thanks!
So, there is no version that will get you LTE/4G everywhere?
Can bands be unlocked by rooting?

So for the answers are negative :(

So IMHO you should look at something:

- ideally without a locked bootloader

- ideally with a clear statement of warranty regarding the Knox flag

- the phone can be network-locked to provider as long as you can find one of the services giving you an network-unlock code for 15-20$ or so

- the region-lock could be a problem - on unlocked phones it is very hard to remove without rooting; surprisingly it is said that on network-locked phones the region lock is also removed when you enter the network-unlock code

- the phone should at least work over LTE in the countries where you HAVE it (or afford it) and where you NEED it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Nope can't get LTE everywhere, no way to change the bands currently on the Note 3 that I have seen. It may be possible but I don't think it is.