[Q] can not find symbol when compiling cm 11.0

Search This thread

tomheng

Apr 6, 2011
can not find symbol when compiling cm 11.0 on debian.

any help will be greatful.

Code:
packages/apps/Settings/src/com/android/settings/hardware/DisplayColor.java:109: cannot find symbol
symbol  : method getDefValue()
location: class org.cyanogenmod.hardware.DisplayColorCalibration
                int defaultValue = DisplayColorCalibration.getDefValue();
                                                          ^
Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API.
Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.
Note: Some input files use unchecked or unsafe operations.
Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.
1 error

RandomPooka

Oct 14, 2010
Kent, OH
OnePlus 8

Code:
packages/apps/Settings/src/com/android/settings/hardware/DisplayColor.java:109: cannot find symbol
                                                          ^
1 error

I got the same error just now and I'm trying to track down the java class it's referring to. Perhaps getDefValue has changed in it.

---------- Post added at 09:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 AM ----------

The missing value is in the "common" device folder for your hardware. In my case, /device/lge/g2-common

specifically, it's in the file /device/lge/g2-common/cmhw/org/cyanogenmod/hardware/DisplayColorCalibration.java

It SHOULD work if you add in the proper support for getDefValue as found in THIS COMMIT

I'm going to make the changes and give it another try

---------- Post added at 10:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 AM ----------

Well, my G2 build (VZW vs980) completed. Copied it to my device and flashed. Apart from an odd glitch where the vibration notification was going nonstop until I manually adjusted the audio mode (to vibrate only, then back to sound), everything works well.

Last edited:
Reactions: lee.wp14

lee.wp14

Sep 15, 2015
Penang
I got the same error just now and I'm trying to track down the java class it's referring to. Perhaps getDefValue has changed in it.

---------- Post added at 09:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 AM ----------

The missing value is in the "common" device folder for your hardware. In my case, /device/lge/g2-common

specifically, it's in the file /device/lge/g2-common/cmhw/org/cyanogenmod/hardware/DisplayColorCalibration.java

It SHOULD work if you add in the proper support for getDefValue as found in THIS COMMIT

Old but gold. Thanks mate. Was building cm11 for an old device.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Code:
                                                              ^
    1 error

---------- Post added at 10:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 AM ----------

Well, my G2 build (VZW vs980) completed. Copied it to my device and flashed. Apart from an odd glitch where the vibration notification was going nonstop until I manually adjusted the audio mode (to vibrate only, then back to sound), everything works well.
    i recomipiled successfully, after modify the file according your answer.

thanks a lot, and i will move on my ROM :)