Had enough !

Search This thread

strommy1966

Mar 5, 2012
well i know there are post on the quality of the calls on this phone ( mainly the other party struggling to hear what you say) . i have finally blown my top ! since i first got this phone back in May, this has been an on and off problem. today i made 4 calls this morning 3 of which saying they were struggling or couldn't hear me ! i was so fed up i rang Sony and did a "repair" with PC companion .. made no difference what so ever ! then it was fantastic, i was on the phone to phones 4U, who i bought the phone from, and the lady said "sorry i cant hear you sir" so the phone is going back. to be repaired . im not holding out a lot of hope that this will fix the problem due to the amount of threads where a fair few people are having this problem. :(:(:rolleyes: seems to be a sub quality microphone on this device

Kmac_thp

Aug 22, 2012
Elkton, MD
I just had probably my first conversation of any length and not on BT with my gf. She said she couldnt hear me the whole time. I turned off that setting in sound or call menu and that didnt help much. Im disappointed.

ParanormalBat

Jan 31, 2010
Try turning off microphone noise suppression in Call Settings. It helps in a few situations.

I have had the exact opposite problem. I couldn't hear the other party (not on speakerphone) but they could hear me crisp and clear.

Kmac_thp

Aug 22, 2012
Elkton, MD
I tried that during my call with the gf, she did say it got better but only marginally. Out of my last few Android phones she said this one sounded horrible, specially compared to the M8 I was about to sell. This is probably a deal breaker for me. How do you make a high end phone that has terrible call quality?

in_finity

Nov 23, 2012
I've got the exact same problem with my Z2. The other party cannot hear me when I hold the phone to my ear -- if I turn the call on speaker, everything works fine!
Also, the other party hears a very strong echo of their own voice, but only when the call is not on speaker.

It is absolutely beyond me, how something this simple has gone through the quality checks at Sony. Seriously, a 600€ phone that you can't use to make normal phone calls. Are you serious? :eek:

And yes, I also tried turning off noise cancellation in the call settings, did not help really much...

The fact that it DOES work when using the speaker tells me that it is "just" some software bug that should be fixable (and not a defect microphone).

numskull

Oct 19, 2010
No issues here with call quality, only issues i have is the charger door keeps mysteriously opening in my pocket and that damn screen reacting to metal, same issue, pull it out my pocket and its opened something or removed a shortcut grrrrr

svetliol

Mar 4, 2011
Sofia
I've got the exact same problem with my Z2. The other party cannot hear me when I hold the phone to my ear -- if I turn the call on speaker, everything works fine!
Also, the other party hears a very strong echo of their own voice, but only when the call is not on speaker.

It is absolutely beyond me, how something this simple has gone through the quality checks at Sony. Seriously, a 600€ phone that you can't use to make normal phone calls. Are you serious? :eek:

And yes, I also tried turning off noise cancellation in the call settings, did not help really much...

The fact that it DOES work when using the speaker tells me that it is "just" some software bug that should be fixable (and not a defect microphone).
Same problem with my Z2 - the other side hears their own word like echo.

strommy1966

Mar 5, 2012
Same problem with my Z2 - the other side hears their own word like echo.

yeah my girlfriend tells me she gets feedback too ! so it DOES seem that this is a regular problem with this phone and its just not my handset ! well the phone is going back .. if its a software issue, then unless Sony update the software it the problem will still be there even if they replace the microphone. i just think that its terrible that expensive so called "flagship" devices can have such basic problems. after all .. its a telephone and your supposed to be able to communicate on a phone ! :rolleyes::rolleyes::mad::mad:

svetliol

Mar 4, 2011
Sofia
As I wrote on the other topic I tested with Viber and Skype calls and there is no echo so my opinion is this is a software problem. Unfortunately I have no guarantee and I have to wait for some dev's to solve this problem.

strommy1966

Mar 5, 2012
As I wrote on the other topic I tested with Viber and Skype calls and there is no echo so my opinion is this is a software problem. Unfortunately I have no guarantee and I have to wait for some dev's to solve this problem.

well if it helps , i did post a thread in the developers section asking if any one of them could come up with a "fix" for the microphone issues.. guess it depends on how many of them suffer with this problem .. or have the time to devote to a fix . not knowing if its a software or hardware issue don't help ! all i know is i use this phone to speak to my clients , and when day after day im being told they cant hear me properly or they get feedback and a few have just given up and hung up. i cant carry on using this phone as it is ! :(