[APP] Paperless List (UK Market only)

Search This thread

footboydog

Jan 25, 2009
Last Friday I uploaded my Android app Paperless List to the Market (UK only). It's a shopping list application driven by the Tesco API . It has the usual scan barcode and search functions but with some unique features:

-Horizontal swipe gestures (only on Android 1.6 or above) or context menu to cross off items
-Manually add items
-Total price of list visible at all times
-Using chrome to phone on the Tesco.com website, products and searches can be sent straight to the phone from a PC. This works on Froyo (Android 2.2) only and requires a sign in to the Tesco.com site on the PC. More on that here: http://ubikapps.net/?p=618
-Froyo (Android 2.2) apps to SD compatible
-Action bar and dashboard design patterns utilised for quick access to main functions

Despite using the latest Android features the app runs only requires version 1.5 (cupcake) or above. I know I am not the first with a Tesco app on Android but I started development on mine before the others appeared.

market_dash.png
chrome2phone_list.png

Scan the QR code on your Android phone to find it in the market or just search for "Paperless list":
chart

I hope you like it. More info available on my blog: http://ubikapps.net/?page_id=612

bewA

Feb 16, 2010
don't think this is your problem (can't see how it is tbh) but the C2MD thing doesnt work.

I just get

Error sending to phone: ERROR (Unable to send link)

I have checked to make sure i'm on the latest version on my N1 and Chrome and the phone is registered and i've signed in and out on the chrome side of things!

Anyone else come across this :)

footboydog

Jan 25, 2009
don't think this is your problem (can't see how it is tbh) but the C2MD thing doesnt work.

I just get

Error sending to phone: ERROR (Unable to send link)

I have checked to make sure i'm on the latest version on my N1 and Chrome and the phone is registered and i've signed in and out on the chrome side of things!

Anyone else come across this :)

Hi bewA, thanks for trying out my app. I just tried it and its working on mine (with Chrome to phone plugin V0.3). Chrome to phone goes a bit weird sometimes if you install a new version. Try restarting Chrome and trying again. Oh and BTW for the first time you do it and have to sign in, it won't actually send the link to the phone. You have to send it a 2nd time (after signing in).

Last edited:

jusumgeezer

Mar 18, 2009
Hey,
This APP is amazing for someone like me who constantly forgets to buy stuff, my wife has to write me lists which I usually lose or leave at home, Now she can send stuff from home straight to my phone, which I always have on me.
(That could be a major selling point BTW, you leave work, switch on your phone & get a list of shopping.)

Keep up the great work, it's nice to finally start getting useful apps for a change instead of another stupid Fart app.

copex

Dec 16, 2004
just put it on the wifes phone, it didt find tescos own brand of dog food :) but every thing else worked.

footboydog

Jan 25, 2009
just put it on the wifes phone, it didt find tescos own brand of dog food :) but every thing else worked.

Currently it only displays the first 20 search results (for speed). If you search for "dog food" then there are probably more than 20 results. In a future release I will change this so that you can click on a "More" button to get the next 20.

You can always scan the barcode of the product if you have it handy! :D

footboydog

Jan 25, 2009
I have just uploaded V1.3 to the Market. Here's the full changelog:

-Keyboard hidden when search results displayed
-Search box auto-completes using history. Use menu to clear search history
-Progress wheel aligned better
-Low pixel density devices (e.g. HTC Tattoo) supported

footboydog

Jan 25, 2009
V1.4 is in the Market. Here's the change log:

-Offers shown in search and list highlighted in blue
-Added disclaimer dialogue box about prices being from the Tesco.com store
-Bug fix: gestures at the bottom of long lists corrected. The wrong item was getting crossed off
-Bug fix: prices for low cost products (<£1) corrected
-Various force close issues resolved

footboydog

Jan 25, 2009
V1.5 is in the market now. Here's the change log:

-Screen now stays on when shopping list is displayed
-Bug fix: gestures in long lists no longer cross of multiple items
-Bug fix: manual items stay crossed off