One Major Audio Effects Stutter/Noise Issue Solved on CM7/Void Forever/ Andy's Rom

Search This thread

Turducken

Jun 22, 2011
OP needs to update this thread.

This fix is for 6.5.7 and earlier. It DOES NOT work with 6.5.8

JastaPein

Mar 16, 2011
Philippines
to all users that has a problem about their DSP, just use the EQ APP in the market and use the SOLUTION #2..

a problem can't solve by another problem..

im not trying to be rude' just dont make your life miserable :D

there are 3 steps to choose from.. so dont bother yourself if 1st solution is not working' try the other 2.. then if it still not working' thats the time to ask question and complain :)

Last edited:

deniso177

Aug 27, 2011
to all users that has a problem about their DSP, just use the EQ APP in the market and use the SOLUTION #2..

there are 3 steps to choose from.. so dont bother yourself if 1st solution is not working' try the other 2.. then if it still not working' thats the time to ask question and complain :)

Or here is the DSP manager from mik_os 6.5.7 use adb to push it into system/apps or use root uninstaller.

The old fixes should work with this version

Attachments

• DSPManager.apk
    51.2 KB · Views: 97

orsonbear

Jun 24, 2011
The cure for Mik 6.5.8 dsp is Root Toolbox. Just uninstall the faulty dsp then install the one present under R.T. "other" menu and that's all,folks!

Sent from my LG-P500 using XDA App

lekhwani

Sorry folks. The methods mentioned above in a few posts are right and working perfectly fine.

I was having problems in implementing those methods. No matter what I did, dsp manager was not visible in app drawer. Then checked titanium backup and found the reason. Actually I had frozen dsp manager earlier. So even after replacing the dsp manager via two mentioned above, I could not see it in app drawer.

Do just defrosted it and ...whoops...it appeared in app drawer and problem solved.

deniso177

Aug 27, 2011
Or here is the DSP manager from mik_os 6.5.7 use adb to push it into system/apps or use root uninstaller.

Sorry folks. The methods mentioned above in a few posts are right and working perfectly fine.

I was having problems in implementing those methods. No matter what I did, dsp manager was not visible in app drawer. Then checked titanium backup and found the reason. Actually I had frozen dsp manager earlier. So even after replacing the dsp manager via two mentioned above, I could not see it in app drawer.

Do just defrosted it and ...whoops...it appeared in app drawer and problem solved.

No worries mate, ye the dsp manager i posted should work, as thats from miks previous build, which had no problems and these fixes were designed for.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I used to be frustrated whenever I saw stuttering and noise on high audio effects in CM7 by Mik.

Problem resolved today, completely.

I am loving it. Never knew or imagined I myself will find this solution. (Never thought it would be so easy.)

Enjoy your CM 7 even more and to the fullest. Its one of my happiest days in life.

Solution 1 ( Enjoy DSP Manager & Equalizer app even more.)

Download the attached zip and extract contents.

Go to extracted contents via root explorer.

Rename libbundlewrapper.so as libcyanogen-dsp.so

Copy new libcyanogen-dsp.so

Go to system/lib/soundfx folder change r/w permissions.

Delete old libcyanogen-dsp.so and paste new libcyanogen-dsp.so (70 KB)

Change file permissions as follows:

7aa37c25-bb4c-92ea.jpg

Change r/w permission.

Reboot.

Enjoy DSP Manager even more.

You can use equalizer app from market also with this mod.

Solution 2. (Using only Equalizer app from market)

After installing rom :

1. Delete cyanogen-dsp.so file from system/lib/soundfx folder

2. Paste libbundlewrapper.so and change permissions.

Now, soundfx folder should look like this:

b69cd027-4791-4d5a.jpg

Freeze the dsp app via titanium.

Reboot.

Use and enjoy equalizer app now.

Solution 3. (Keeping both Equalizer app and DSP Manager)

Just delete libcyanogen-dsp.so. Paste libbundlewrapper.so.

Then rename libbundlewrapper.so as libcyanogen-dsp.so. Paste libbundlewrapper.so again. It should look like this now.

31c9ebee-bbc0-2302.jpg

Reboot.

This way both equalizer app from market and dsp manager both will work.

Permissions:

Everybody make sure that if they are changing any file I.e. so files, kindly change and confirm permission as follows:

31ca453e-982d-c25c.jpg

Thanks to Ciaox for flashable zips.

Flashable zip Solution 1

http://www.multiupload.com/B3QIM7WWAH

Flashable zip Solution 3

http://www.multiupload.com/Q8A5D1M7H0

Snapshots attached:

files folder attached in first post.
    Atleast someone who values sound on his phone as much as I do ;)
    Sorry but I can't delete the system file, it tells read only, already use root explorer..
    How did u delete it?

Sent from my LG-P500 using XDA Premium App

Click R/W on top.

I'll provide update.zip in 10 min :)