Broken Seal?

Search This thread

joebrit

Jul 13, 2012
Xiaomi Poco F3
Realme GT
Has anyone else received their nexus 10 with the black "do not accept if seal is broken" stickers ripped? I'm in the uk if that makes any difference. The battery was at 65% (though it looks like this is normal/common). It might not be an issue except it also has light bleed in the corners so I guess I'll be returning it.

Last edited:

4nt

Oct 25, 2007
London
www.anthonygelatka.com
nope, but the screen looked awful when I got mine, covered in crap with a scratchy bit in the middle, then I realised it was a peel off cover and it was pristine underneath

You should be able to send it back, I'm sure they'll know if someone else opened it, was quite suprised when I booted mine up and I was greeted with my name on the log-in screen.

dsachdeva

Nov 13, 2007
Mine was broken too, also sought bleed at right bottom, thinking of returning and buying nexus 7

sent from s3 running Viking way

Tosh3004

Mar 28, 2012
Yes mine was delivered yesterday by tnt. Bag torn and seals broken. Not accepting that. Disgusted.

Rang the number for returns and an American answered. Very slick on the phone and offered apologies. No way am I having that. Play store should be ashamed of themselves.

Will never deal with them again. How are you supposed to give that as a gift ffs.

Reactions: joebrit

mikehulme1983

Mar 13, 2008
My seal was also broken and box was ripped on one corner, Im too impatient to send back and wait for another.

battery was about 65%

Rusty2k

Dec 5, 2012
UK
I've had 3 Nexus 10's so far - one purchase and two replacements for various problems.

There were plain white seals on the first that were in tact, but the two replacements both had black Samsung seals that were broken.

Yannouc'h

Sep 6, 2012
I had 2 seals
One broken, other one not

Battery was also discharge around 65%

No issue until now :)

PS: purchase 2 weeks ago in france

Last edited:

Tosh3004

Mar 28, 2012
Replacement arrived and just one of the black seals broken this time. These people are utter garbage. I have never paid for anyhting worth £400 before which has been tampered with before i even get my hands on it. Again i cannot really give as a gift so a third one is going to have to be ordered. Another freeze on my debit card of £400 meaning over a grand in a week which has been held onto by Google. And no returns stickers for the first one menaing i will have to ring them again in the USA to discuss.

I am wondering, have they found a way to get into the box by just breaking one seal and tampering with the device. I suspect it is easily doable.

Never have i dealt with any company so unprofessional.

sharp910sh

Jan 14, 2009
Replacement arrived and just one of the black seals broken this time. These people are utter garbage. I have never paid for anyhting worth £400 before which has been tampered with before i even get my hands on it. Again i cannot really give as a gift so a third one is going to have to be ordered. Another freeze on my debit card of £400 meaning over a grand in a week which has been held onto by Google. And no returns stickers for the first one menaing i will have to ring them again in the USA to discuss.

I am wondering, have they found a way to get into the box by just breaking one seal and tampering with the device. I suspect it is easily doable.

I would give up you know. They are just passing around rma devices. I would return them all. And wait for a month till new devices are made. I have the same problem.

Reactions: joebrit

EniGmA1987

Sep 21, 2010
Yes mine was delivered yesterday by tnt. Bag torn and seals broken. Not accepting that. Disgusted.

Rang the number for returns and an American answered. Very slick on the phone and offered apologies. No way am I having that. Play store should be ashamed of themselves.

Will never deal with them again. How are you supposed to give that as a gift ffs.

You sure the Play Store is to blame? Maybe customs is opening them in some countries? I know quite a few places that open items to inspect them, especially if it is electronics.

Rusty2k

Dec 5, 2012
UK
You sure the Play Store is to blame? Maybe customs is opening them in some countries? I know quite a few places that open items to inspect them, especially if it is electronics.

Random checking on consignments perhaps, but there's no way customs in any country would open 90% of the devices in a consignment.

This is clearly the logistics handlers (Computer 2000 in the UK) being told to recycle RMA'd devices.

Utterly shameful IMO.

4n6science

Feb 28, 2011
Rockville
I just got my nexus 10 today and had them install my user info. When I opened the box, both black seals were intact.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Are you guys seriously blaming Google? I just got done reading though this thread and u guys are hilarious. It really seems like its whoever is shipping the devices (seems like more in the UK) is the one opening them. And I'd be surprised if they are really "tampering" with them. I think its just the mail man or store clerk that needs a new pair of pants Cuz he just saw a nexus 10.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using xda app-developers app

Hilarious...get real mate! Whether it's Google or not who is opening them it's Google who needs to sort the problem out and sort it out FAST! I and many many more on here are not prepared to pay approximately $550 for something that is not 100% untouched and brand new!
    Mine came with 61% charged battery and my seals were in tact.

I would give up you know. They are just passing around rma devices. I would return them all. And wait for a month till new devices are made. I have the same problem.
    Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I just got a Nexus 10 today, ordered from Play Store. The seal on the box was broken, and I'm wondering if it was opened at customs, I live in Canada and it shipped from Kentucky. Just wondering if anyone ever figured this out