Porting an Android ROM of higher version to a device having lower Android Version

Search This thread

MerbinJAnselm

Are there any tutorials regarding porting Android of higher version (say Android 4.4) to a device having a lower Android version (say Android 4.2).
All I need is, does the normal 'porting' method applies for the above or not. If not, please suggest me a tutorial. Thanks in advance!!

v1tesse

Nov 6, 2013
Are there any tutorials regarding porting Android of higher version (say Android 4.4) to a device having a lower Android version (say Android 4.2).
All I need is, does the normal 'porting' method applies for the above or not. If not, please suggest me a tutorial. Thanks in advance!!

It's not always quite so simple. The method of installing a custom ROM depends on the device, so I suggest searching for ROMs that are made for the device in question.

There, you can find specific instructions and further guidance.

Just make sure you know what the risks of doing this are and be thoroughly informed before proceeding.

Reactions: MerbinJAnselm

MerbinJAnselm

It's not always quite so simple. The method of installing a custom ROM depends on the device, so I suggest searching for ROMs that are made for the device in question.

Just make sure you know what the risks of doing this are and be thoroughly informed before proceeding.

Thanks a lot v1tesse !!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Answer please :)

Sent from my LG-P920 using xda app-developers app