(Q) SD Card Problems

Search This thread

glennlevi

May 2, 2012
I'm currently using a Cloudfone Thrill 450q with a 16gb micro sd card.
I had no problem with the card for a while, but here's what happens:

-Downloads get stuck (downloads from browser, google play, installed apps stop midway)
-When you try to delete/stop downloads, the downloads stay in the notification bar
-When the above scenario has started, you wont be able to access games with files in the sd card
-Shutting down the phone would get you stuck in the powering off/restarting screen
-Tried reformatting phone a couple of times
-Tried reformatting SD card a couple of times (bot quick format and plain format)
-Tried checking for SD card errors a couple of times
*Edit
-Tried recording from FM Radio, when I stopped the recording, it hanged just when it was about to save, then showed same symptoms as above

I have a hunch that the problem lies with writing data into the SD Card.

So there are the symptoms. I tried googling it but I just cant seem to find a similar problem. Thanks very much!

Last edited:

awd_fan

Dec 24, 2013
Bump please. Really need help.

I had problems with sd cards larger than 4GB on 2 tablets and several phones (all Android) until I found SD Formatter 4.0 from sdcard.org. Cards formatted by Windows would randomly stop working or get corrupted. Reformatting would make them work for a few more days. Since using SD Formatter 4.0, I have not had any problems.