[ROM] ◄ Stock Plus ► v3.01 11/22/2011 Based off of New OTA

Which status bar battery icon do you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

jamala00

Aug 30, 2011
I can't think of why that would cause you problems. If you do wipe and reinstall, try installing Pandora first and testing it. Then do your other apps and see if you can figure out which is causing the issue. Let me know.

Jermaine... Well got a chance to wipe and reflash this AM.. complete wipe, flashed the 2.6v download, flashed driod boot sound, flashed rosie remap, flashed auto rotate.. Installed only Pandora, turned wifi off.. and songs are skipping 90 seconds into the song... Turn wifi back on and songs and songs no longer skip.. Just so we are clear, I am on wifi when wifi is turned on, that's why I turned it off. Flash the zip you gave me for turning wifi scan back to 15 seconds and am still having the same issue. Think I will have to go back to V2.5

Last edited:

RMarkwald

Aug 4, 2010
Middleton
Hey Jermaine, I didn't see it in this post, but doing the directions for the right remap button for Rosie works great from the guide McD did. Just did it now on Stock+ v2.6, and Dolphin is my right button. Don't know if there's already a mod for this in this thread, just putting that out there!

EDIT: Taken from here. Thanks to 00McD00 for the write-up!

Last edited:

srvn13

Aug 28, 2009
Pandora skips on 3G

Jermaine... Well got a chance to wipe and reflash this AM.. complete wipe, flashed the 2.6v download, flashed driod boot sound, flashed rosie remap, flashed auto rotate.. Installed only Pandora, turned wifi off.. and songs are skipping 90 seconds into the song... Turn wifi back on and songs and songs no longer skip.. Just so we are clear, I am on wifi when wifi is turned on, that's why I turned it off. Flash the zip you gave me for turning wifi scan back to 15 seconds and am still having the same issue. Think I will have to go back to V2.5

Jermaine, very nice rom. Thanks for your great work. I seem to have the same problem as Jamala00. Pandora skips every 90 sec on 3G. Does not skip on Wifi though. Re-installed Pandora, but still the same problem. Any idea why?

jermaine151

Jun 19, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
Jermaine, very nice rom. Thanks for your great work. I seem to have the same problem as Jamala00. Pandora skips every 90 sec on 3G. Does not skip on Wifi though. Re-installed Pandora, but still the same problem. Any idea why?

I'm not totally sure. The only thing that changed was the wifi scan interval from 15 to 90 seconds. It seems like it woulda been skipping every 15 secs before the update. Try the zip I posted a few pages back that sets the interval back to 15 secs.

jamala00

Aug 30, 2011

I'm not totally sure. The only thing that changed was the wifi scan interval from 15 to 90 seconds. It seems like it woulda been skipping every 15 secs before the update. Try the zip I posted a few pages back that sets the interval back to 15 secs.

Guys this is the only thing that worked for me.... This is what I tried in this order.

Had V2.5 - No issues
Flashed V2.6-2.6 Started Skipping every 90 Secs
Using CWM Restored a back of my 2.5
Used the .zip from jermaine to set scan back to 15 Sec.. (No more skipping)

so I figured I would try it again
So thisis what I did the second time

Flashed the post for the V2.6 (instead of the 2.5-2.6)..
Installed ONLY Pandora (No other apps) Skipping started right away
Flashed the .zip from jermaine to set scan back. Still was skipping every 90 sec.
Wiped and reflashed V2.5. (No more skipping)

Now I am staying on V2.5 because I am not sure what V2.6 and Pandora do not like together. If anybody has any ideas I can try them out, just don't know what else to try.

---------- Post added at 05:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:51 AM ----------

Anybody get the OTA update prompt with this ROM? I haven't seen it yet.

On V2.5 and have not seen a prompt for the update.

jermaine151

Jun 19, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
Guys this is the only thing that worked for me.... This is what I tried in this order.

Had V2.5 - No issues
Flashed V2.6-2.6 Started Skipping every 90 Secs
Using CWM Restored a back of my 2.5
Used the .zip from jermaine to set scan back to 15 Sec.. (No more skipping)

so I figured I would try it again
So thisis what I did the second time

Flashed the post for the V2.6 (instead of the 2.5-2.6)..
Installed ONLY Pandora (No other apps) Skipping started right away
Flashed the .zip from jermaine to set scan back. Still was skipping every 90 sec.
Wiped and reflashed V2.5. (No more skipping)

Now I am staying on V2.5 because I am not sure what V2.6 and Pandora do not like together. If anybody has any ideas I can try them out, just don't know what else to try.

---------- Post added at 05:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:51 AM ----------

On V2.5 and have not seen a prompt for the update.

I'm going to check into the cause of this.

EDIT: I have confirmed this on my other rom. I thought you meant it was stuttering, but now I see that it's skipping to the next track. I will logcat it and see what is causing the skip. I'll keep you posted.

EDIT: I believe that this is an issue with the latest version of Pandora that was updated on 11/9. The market reviews mention this same problem after the update. My backup of the app is also the latest version so I'll have to find the previous version's apk to test. It doesn't make sense to me why it seems to work with v2.5.

If anyone happens to have a version of Pandora, older than v1.5.14 and can try listening thru a whole song while NOT on wifi, please report if it skips to the next song prematurely.

People experiencing the problem, can you confirm that your Pandora version is 1.5.14? I'd hate to spin my wheels trying to fix this if they'll release an update soon that resolves it.

Last edited:

jamala00

Aug 30, 2011
Ok. If you get bored, back up your current set up, wipe, flash 2.6, flash crt animation zip and test Pandora. That's the only thing left that could affect this. Version 2.5 uses that services.jar file.

***I'm mobile

I can do that quick..so in this order

Wipe and Flash V2.6
Flash crt animation
Test Pandora...?

Where is the download for the crt animation zip? in the OP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Stock+ Version 3.01

stock21e.png
    stock22a.png
    stock23.png

This is the Official GB OTA (4.08.605.2) plus Extras from Me and other devs to fix HTC's mistakes. I compiled it all into one mostly stock rom to make it easy on folks that like to stay close to stock and don't want to have to flash a whole bunch of zips to get these features.

Extra Features / Fixes

• Re-based off of 4.08.605.2 (Thanks wildstang83 for putting the stock zip together)
    • Native Screenshot Feature (Flash fix for it here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=19865037&postcount=1272)
      • To take a screenshot Hold "Power" + "Home"
      • Screenshots are saved to /sdcard/dcim/Screenshots
    • Trackpad Wake/Unlock
    • Market 3.3.12
    • Stock Battery w/ Percentage and 1% increments (Thanks 00McD00)
    • Removed useless GPS crosshair icon (Satellite icon appears when GPS is accessed)
    • Advanced Power Reboot Menu (Thanks wdfowty)
    • DSP Manager
    • Green Overscroll Glow
    • Sense 3.0 Wallpapers
    • Quick Settings Enabled (Thanks sk806)
    • Long Press Volume +/- to skip tracks when screen is off
    • Init.d (Start-up scripts) support
    • Rooted, Deodexed, Zipaligned
    • Added FOTA kill to prevent any upgrade messages from Verizon
    • Slightly Debloated. Removed the following:
      1. Amazon MP3
      2. Boot Sound (Flashable zip to add it back, below)
      3. CDROM.iso
      4. City ID
      5. Vcast
      6. VZ Navigator
      7. My Verizon

**As ALWAYS, I am NOT responsible for what you do with your phone. :)

Full Wipe and Flash Instructions:

1. Make a Nandroid Backup of your current rom
    2. Reboot into ClockworkMod
    3. Choose "wipe data/factory reset"
    4. Go into "mounts and storage" menu and choose "format /boot" and confirm
    5. Choose "format /system" and confirm
    6. Go back to main menu and choose "install zip from sdcard"
    7. Browse your sdcard for the rom zip and flash!

**Note: I know there are a million methods that folks say to follow for a full wipe, including: wiping dalvik, wiping cache, etc. Let me explain why that's unnecessary. The "wipe data/factory reset" option erases your /data, /cache and /data/data partitions, so doing the "wipe cache" option would be redundant. Dalvik-cache is just a folder that resides on the /data partition (Already cleared, remember, so redundant again). The ONLY 2 partitions, that effect the wipe, and were not already cleared are /boot and /system. I've changed roms quite a bit and this method is fast and works everytime.

Changelog for Version 3.01
    • Fixed updater-script flashover issue

Changelog for Version 3.0
    • Added all mods to 4.08.605.2 base
    • Updated Market to v3.3.12
    • Reverted wifi scan interval to 15 seconds like stock

Changelog for Version 2.6:
    • Removed CRT on/off animations (Caused too many issues. Flash the mod if you want them)
    • Added Market v3.3.11 (Purchasing apps should work fine)
    • Changed wi-fi scan interval from 15 secs to 90 secs (Should help a little with battery life)

Changelog for Version 2.5:

• Added CRT Screen On/Off animations
    • Added in Native Screenshot feature (Thanks JoelZ, ihtfp69, CyanogenMod Team and RMarkwald!)
      • To take a screenshot Hold "Power" + "Home"
      • Screenshots are saved to /sdcard/dcim/Screenshots
    • Updated the market to version 3.2.0

Changelog for Version 2:

• Gave Rosie a Facelift
    • Baked in Trackpad Wake/Unlock
    • Revamped/Cleaned uo Quick Settings Menu
    • New Sense 3 Default Wallpaper
    • Added Sense 3.5 Wallpapers
    • Added Green Overscroll Glow
    • Added DSP Manager
    • Removed USB Debugging Icon (Thanks to 00McD00 for his guide)
    • Updated Market to Version 3.1.5
    • Updated Google Maps
    • Updated Gmail
    • Updated Voice Search
    • Updated YouTube
    • Updated Facebook
    • Updated Adobe Flash Player 11
    • Updated Skype Mobile
    • Removed My Verizon

Mods for Stock Theme:

screenshot.png
    screenshot_1.png
    screenshot_3.png

Warm Theme and Mods:

Warm Theme

Great work on the rom Jermaine! Im gonna use it until I upgrade. I'm at the point where I just want everything to work. And This is it.

I Threw this together real quick for anyone who wants it :)
    Let me know if you notice any issues.

DOWNLOAD

Op updated with version 3.0

Changelog for Version 3.0
    • Added all mods to 4.08.605.2 base
    • Updated Market to v3.3.12
    • Reverted wifi scan interval to 15 seconds like stock

All of the previous mods (I'm not sure about the dialer because I didn't see what HTC changed about it) "should" work with this. I recommend a full wipe but you may try a flash over if you'd like. Please don't report issues if you flashed over.

Enjoy! :)