HTC One X Screen won't turn on, touchscreen still work???

Search This thread

KLUVJ

Sep 15, 2011
Richmond Hill
OneX has too much issue with Screen . WTF with HTC?

Say wat? This thread has been here forever, and only 2 pages in length. U say wtf is with HTC, I say wtf is with u. Every product has its defects. HTC solved most of their problems after their may batches.
My phone screen broke down on me. HTC Canada sent me a brand new phone. Now that's customer support.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

MrBeOTP2

Jun 30, 2010
Ha Noi
Say wat? This thread has been here forever, and only 2 pages in length. U say wtf is with HTC, I say wtf is with u. Every product has its defects. HTC solved most of their problems after their may batches.
My phone screen broke down on me. HTC Canada sent me a brand new phone. Now that's customer support.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

:(
I have 2 OneX
1ST : White. everything works great. but just few month later : I have 3 dead pix on the top left
2nd : HTC replace me a new screen. but it did not better : when watch youtube . screen has going crazyyyyy .

My friends ( 2 friends has yellow plot / and blackscreen )
thats why I said that :)

I love HTC . but OneX screen is really sh!t to me

eduardo.oguido

Oct 24, 2012
overheating

Hello, first excuse my bad english.
I had the same problem with my HOX, so I decided to dismantle it after trying to install a new rom RUU and also unsuccessfully against the problem. After disassembling the unit could verify that it is a problem of overheating the chip TEGRA 3. So I would informations if there is any APP that lowers the "pontencia" chip. Believing so it will work cooler. For with the cell dismantled, just blow the chip under the screen instantly lights up again.

Reactions: reslan_912

EmeraldSheep

Nov 14, 2012
I have been using the HOX for over 2 months now but this morning my phone display suddenly doesn't turn on even the backlight key still on and touchscreen still work ( when I sweep my finger up the unlock sound still play, and I can even adjust the volume of the phone, etc... ) I have no ideas if this is a software or hardware problem and how to solve it, I'm still on Stock Rom, Stock Kernel,... Please help me

Hi Guys, Ive had similar problems too. I have had my HTC since April, upgraded the software about a month or 2 ago when it was available in the UK, about a week or 2 after the update, the screen wouldnt light up when i was pressing the unlock button although the three touch buttons at the botton would light up and it would let me press the volume buttons at the side but no response from the screen. I contacted HTC and they told me to factory reset the handset, I did that but an hour or 2 later it was back to the same problem.

i took the handset back to the store I got it from they factory reset it again and still no joy. They sent it away to get repaired. A week later i got it back saying it was a software problem and that they cleaned the software and handset. that was fine for about a 2-3 day before it started doing the same thing again. also i tried using the camera and the screen went green and pixelated and fuzzy and the home screen was doing that aswell eventually when i could access the home screen. Last week i took the phone back to the store again for repair, they sent it away again and yesterday i got it back with the repair sheet saying they have replaced the screen and there was a problem with the battery aswell but over the course of yesterday and today, the problem is still not fixed, i still cannot access the screen when im pressing the unlock button. as i said it is just the 3 buttons at the bottom that light up. SO FRUSTRATING!

What else can I do? Any suggestions please, im fed up running back and forward for repairs of the same problem, it must be a faulty handest.

onat_kippz

Dec 30, 2011
Me too... have this problem....

I already reformat, relock, hard reset, flashed different custom roms, revert back to stock & unroot, reflashed the RUU, but seems no one fixes the prob... my software is 2.17.707.3 WWE... some say on the other threads, it's because of this latest update version, so my last chance to fix this is to wait for the Official Jelly Bean update.. If not i'll bring it to HTC Service Center.... by the way i'm form the Philippines, hope they bring the update immediately...

20545ZR16

Oct 2, 2010
Hello Everyone,
i am having the same issue as the OP, like everybody i have factory reset the handset but the problem persist
did anyone has this fixed??? and what was the solution???
thx.

Vecera

Aug 1, 2009
Same problem

I got phone 2 days ago (phone was Rev.B) and instantly got 3 updates in row (4.1.1 -was 3rd software update). Installed all apps. etc, and than after 1 day of using I got this problem - I tried factory reset etc. but nothing helped.

Problem was - touchscreen buttons light up.. but screen doesn't (phone in background working.. like can ring etc.. but you can't see anything on screen).

I took phone back to the store and I got new one (this time Rev.A), and I hope now it will work :)

Reactions: rosurina

glai3

May 15, 2008
Phone waked up but screen blank

I have the same problem right now.

Last night, i've been getting the black screen when I try to unlock my phone. The touchscreen still works but the screen is just blank. It turns on if I keep locking and unlocking, but it's getting annoying.

My phone is an international One X (duh) bought in Hong Kong and I'm currently living in Canada so it would not be possible to send it back for repairs. Plus my phone is rooted and I am currently using the latest MIUI ROM (2.9.21).
Since sending it back is out of the question for me because of where I am living right now and I have voided my warranty, I am downloading other ROMs as we speak and seeing if it is a problem with my ROM. I will keep you guys posted.

-edit- I have tried factory reset and reinstalling my ROM (with a full wipe). Still doesn't work.

My phone started having screen flickering problem a few days ago. Hoping that it was only a software issue, I started to return it to stock and upgrade it to newer firmwares. I was just able to upgrade it to JB (cid_622) finally yesterday before it became exactly like yours...wake up but blank screen. Long waiting for JB and now I have a useless phone with JB on it. Sigh!

I also bought the phone in HK and I am now in Toronto. You understand my exact helpless situation.

Could you let me know what your final resolution was...sending it back to HK for repair or having it repair in Canada?

Thank you for your advice.

I'm sure it is not a software issue. I have gone through all the upgrading procedures from 1.26 to 1.28 and to 3.16.
Take a look at this link: http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f58/htc-one-x-strange-backlight-problem-1540929/

G. Lai

rangeela2331

Nov 12, 2010
I purchased HOX 4 months back. I updated to JB (OTA update) on my HTC One X 2 weeks back and for past 2 days I have noticed flickering issue. the screen goes blank and just the bottom lights flashes. I see above many of you guys are facing the same issue. Has anyone able to resolve this yet?

arvinyambot

Dec 3, 2012
I purchased HOX 4 months back. I updated to JB (OTA update) on my HTC One X 2 weeks back and for past 2 days I have noticed flickering issue. the screen goes blank and just the bottom lights flashes. I see above many of you guys are facing the same issue. Has anyone able to resolve this yet?

This started happening to me this morning when my phone was left for a few minutes in sleep ode then I would turn it on, the screen would not light up instantly... It would take a couple of presses on the power button before it opens up... weird is that the capacitive buttons are on so u know that the phone recognizes the power button... ive formatted the phone but still the problem persists...

rangeela2331

Nov 12, 2010
This started happening to me this morning when my phone was left for a few minutes in sleep ode then I would turn it on, the screen would not light up instantly... It would take a couple of presses on the power button before it opens up... weird is that the capacitive buttons are on so u know that the phone recognizes the power button... ive formatted the phone but still the problem persists...

I did the same thing last night. I formatted the phone and reset to factor settings and the problem still persists. What to do now? Does anyone have any solution?

glai3

May 15, 2008
I am planning to do the same. let me know how does it goes for you. good luck

I called HTC service center in HK and they asked me to send back my phone as it is still under warranty.
Now sending the phone all the way from Toronto to HK and will keep you post if I have any feed back from them.

jelmer-p

Oct 17, 2008
[/COLOR]

I have exaclty same problem. When I restart my hox it works again, but after some time it has the same problem, also pressing powerbutton many times works to get the screen working again. Also flickering issues, it flickers and scrolls by it self away.

Using Revelation HD 15 ROM

Last edited:

20545ZR16

Oct 2, 2010
SOLUTION

my HOX was having the same screen problem,
IT IS NOT A SOFTWARE PROBLEM, IT IS A KNOWN ISSUE HARDWARE PROBLEM
so factory reset the handset and all these stuff will not solve anything
i took mine to an HTC repair center and they knew about the solution before opening the handset and told me there is microprocessors on the motherboard needs to be replaced, tested then:
-if it worked, the repair will cost me 120$
-if not, have to pay 30$ as labor and the new replaced part will stay in and the unit state unrepairable.
unfortunately mine have no warranty and paid the full amount, phone worked perfectly for 2 weeks, and problem appeared again 2 days ago,
still did not get back to HTC repair center to see if they will pay me back, will update the post later,
and the funny is when first got back the phone, touch screen was not fully glued, as i could see the gap between screen and touch.
so i advice everyone that is having this problem to fight for a replacement if there phone still under warranty
Thanks.

Reactions: rosurina

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi Chaikowsky,
    Can you give some details on how you managed the fix? I'm actually scared of opening the device.
    Then again, I'm just out of warranty when it happened. So wth, I'd give it a shot.
    It would be a huge and awesome help if you can detail how to open, what type of heat sinker you used on which chips.
    Cheers,
    Jason.

I don't wont to be a rude so forgive me but :

"I'm actually scared of opening the device" - Then probably you will mess up device, so I warning you - don't try it by self. It is simple, but for people with hardware skills.

If you still insist, then :
    1.Disassemble device - google it,there is full of tutorials and videos!
    2.When you get access to motherboard, remove gently the metal shield that covers tegra3 processor.
    3.Get some thermal pads for example from old useless PC DVR....etc, or buy new. The thickness of bads must be 0.5 - 0.8 mm maximum!!!
    4.Depending on size of pads, put one or more or cut the size! Idea is to cover processor's metal plate. Put back the metal shield.
    5.Get another pad and put it in the square hole (look at photos) that is on back side of screen's plate.
    6.Assemble gently device and pay attention on pressure that makes on screen throughout pads. It is visible when you start to screw mainboard to the screen

Thats all! Cheers!
    I have been using the HOX for over 2 months now but this morning my phone display suddenly doesn't turn on even the backlight key still on and touchscreen still work ( when I sweep my finger up the unlock sound still play, and I can even adjust the volume of the phone, etc... ) I have no ideas if this is a software or hardware problem and how to solve it, I'm still on Stock Rom, Stock Kernel,... Please help me
    Is the One X you fixed still working problem free? Thanks

Yes! It still working without any glitches or any screen turn on issue!

P.S. If for someone is interesting immediately after fix I installed Blade Elite ROM and updated radio with 5.1.204.162A.29, so from this moment till now the phone is working absolutely perfectly!
    The one that I fixed but the problem come back after few days, but anyway far more acceptable then previous. The other HOX start to have charging issue. Oh man, just 1 year of purchase. Feel like I'm buying LG device...

Give another try and put thiner thermal pad on both places instead of thermal paste!
    I have the same problem now. Using it completely stock, the screen doesn't turn on. Well.... Except for the times I visit the Vodafone shop to get it fixed....

Their first reaction was a defect in the screen, so they ordered a new one. I brought it yesterday again and it is now in for repair.

I don't know if this will solve the problem. How did they fix yours?

Sent from my HTC One S using xda app-developers app

I can't believe it...
    I get my HOX fixed last week and I worked normally again. But after 2-3 days, the problem is back again. I contact HTC and they said they even replaced my MOTHERBOARD and Screen. Wtf is happening???