[Q] WCDMA Network not working...

Search This thread

gmm8877

Jul 25, 2012
Hyderabad
Hi,

I am having a problem with the network. I am currently using Idea mobile network and when I use WCDMA only option, I do not get any signals and also, when I am trying to use an aircel sim, I do not get any signals at all... is there any problem with the device?.. when I search for networks manually, I am able to see only airtel and idea in the list of networks... is amaze not compatible with vodafone or aircel or the various networks available....

When I try to use Data connection also, it is only connecting in 2g mode and not 3g... plz help.

pbergonzi

Jun 14, 2013
Mesa, AZ
Hi,

I am having a problem with the network. I am currently using Idea mobile network and when I use WCDMA only option, I do not get any signals and also, when I am trying to use an aircel sim, I do not get any signals at all... is there any problem with the device?.. when I search for networks manually, I am able to see only airtel and idea in the list of networks... is amaze not compatible with vodafone or aircel or the various networks available....

When I try to use Data connection also, it is only connecting in 2g mode and not 3g... plz help.

Amaze is compatible with frequencies:
GSM:
850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz

UMTS:
850, 1700/2100, 1900, 2100 MHz

Data:
HSDPA+ (4G) 42.2 Mbit/s, UMTS, EDGE

Have you had ANY phone work on the idea network properly? Same with the airtel?
For starters, switch from WCDMA only to Auto or GSM/WCDMA.

See what this post recommends:
http://support.t-mobile.com/message/120750#120750

Reactions: gmm8877

gmm8877

Jul 25, 2012
Hyderabad
GSM:
850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz

UMTS:

Data:

Yes, my other mobile which is Xperia Pro (MK16i) works fine with all the networks here in India...but i do not understand why Amaze is not working on 3g network while I am able to use 2g service (both data and calls) on the same network...

pbergonzi

Jun 14, 2013
Mesa, AZ

gmm8877

Jul 25, 2012
Hyderabad
some help needed

Plz friends can anyone help me with this... the aircel operating frequencies for 2g and 3g are 1800 and 2100 (my assumption)... the device is not at all working with an aircel connection (not even on 2g)... I am currently using idea network which is working fine with 2g but not 3g... when I try to search for available networks manually also, I am able to see 2G networks for idea, airtel, vodafone, and bsnl (aircel and some others again missing) and no networks at all when in wcdma only mode... when I switch to wcdma only, the idea network also vanishes completely....

I am not able to figure out what to do with this...:(

ravike14

Feb 9, 2013
Colombo
There are many Indians in amaze forum and former members, reach out to them and see if any one of them used your carrier, and see if they had the same issues or not

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

pbergonzi

Jun 14, 2013
Mesa, AZ
Plz friends can anyone help me with this... the aircel operating frequencies for 2g and 3g are 1800 and 2100 (my assumption)... the device is not at all working with an aircel connection (not even on 2g)... I am currently using idea network which is working fine with 2g but not 3g... when I try to search for available networks manually also, I am able to see 2G networks for idea, airtel, vodafone, and bsnl (aircel and some others again missing) and no networks at all when in wcdma only mode... when I switch to wcdma only, the idea network also vanishes completely....

Aircel uses 900 and in some places possibly 1800. Do you have a data plan? Have you spoken with a support person with any one of your carriers--they're used to things like this and getting in the proper settings. I would strongly recommend that.
Check the Settings->About Phone to find out which version of android you have, and if you are running a custom ROM or not.
Do all of that first--make sure you have a data plan, speak with a support person, find out a little about your phone.
If you are stock check with your support person if there is an upgrade for you, also.

If you are NOT stock, you might want to go back to the Stock GB or ICS (remember to update the radio also) so your phone will be basic and stable, to be sure it will work at all with data. Once you've determined if it will work with data, then you can try one of the custom ROMs if you like, but NOT JellyBean or KitKat, as they are all problematic.
Check this post for instructions:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2167596

And as ravike14 said, "There are many Indians in amaze forum and former members, reach out to them and see if any one of them used your carrier, and see if they had the same issues or not."

Last edited:

gmm8877

Jul 25, 2012
Hyderabad
I have a data plan activated...I have not done any change in software...the current version is 4.0.3..and aircel network is not at all working on my device..that y using Idea network (that too working only in 2g mode)...I cannot have support on the device as I purchased it online from someone else...and it is not a device which is for India... it is a T-mobile device..Do you this change of ROM will resolve this or will it still remain the same... can there be a problem with the antenna (but 2g network is working fine)....

Aircel uses 900 and in some places possibly 1800. Do you have a data plan? Have you spoken with a support person with any one of your carriers--they're used to things like this and getting in the proper settings. I would strongly recommend that.
Check the Settings->About Phone to find out which version of android you have, and if you are running a custom ROM or not.
Do all of that first--make sure you have a data plan, speak with a support person, find out a little about your phone.
If you are stock check with your support person if there is an upgrade for you, also.

If you are NOT stock, you might want to go back to the Stock GB or ICS (remember to update the radio also) so your phone will be basic and stable, to be sure it will work at all with data. Once you've determined if it will work with data, then you can try one of the custom ROMs if you like, but NOT JellyBean or KitKat, as they are all problematic.

And as ravike14 said, "There are many Indians in amaze forum and former members, reach out to them and see if any one of them used your carrier, and see if they had the same issues or not."

pbergonzi

Jun 14, 2013
Mesa, AZ
data

I have a data plan activated...I have not done any change in software...the current version is 4.0.3..and aircel network is not at all working on my device..that y using Idea network (that too working only in 2g mode)...I cannot have support on the device as I purchased it online from someone else...and it is not a device which is for India... it is a T-mobile device..Do you this change of ROM will resolve this or will it still remain the same... can there be a problem with the antenna (but 2g network is working fine)....

I think it should still work. The tech should be able to give you settings regardless of the device origin--you're still paying for a plan, and some support should come with that.

Nevertheless, check this to make sure you have the right settings.

You "may" also have to call T-mobile and ask for unlock code for your phone--they will ask you for the IMEI.
I don't know if necessary, but have read something to that effect--that in using the Amaze 4G in another country, you need to have the phone unlocked. I'm sure someone else on the boards here will let us know.

The back cover houses the antenna, and yes, it could be the antenna, but unless you have another back cover to test it with, it will be best for you to check the settings first, and then see if it needs to be unlocked.
Then come back here with what you've learned--it'll help me learn too.

gmm8877

Jul 25, 2012
Hyderabad
The ad said that the phone is unlocked... I purchased it from Ebay and I have a prepaid connection with the provider.. it is "pay as you go plan" so I guess they wont provide much help as I have seen customer care people putting their hands up many times saying it is a problem with the device and they cannot help...that's y I was trying to get some help here on the forum as someone else could also have faced the same issue and can help me with their experience...

I think it should still work. The tech should be able to give you settings regardless of the device origin--you're still paying for a plan, and some support should come with that.

You "may" also have to call T-mobile and ask for unlock code for your phone--they will ask you for the IMEI.
I don't know if necessary, but have read something to that effect--that in using the Amaze 4G in another country, you need to have the phone unlocked. I'm sure someone else on the boards here will let us know.

The back cover houses the antenna, and yes, it could be the antenna, but unless you have another back cover to test it with, it will be best for you to check the settings first, and then see if it needs to be unlocked.

pbergonzi

Jun 14, 2013
Mesa, AZ
wcdma

The ad said that the phone is unlocked... I purchased it from Ebay and I have a prepaid connection with the provider.. it is "pay as you go plan" so I guess they wont provide much help as I have seen customer care people putting their hands up many times saying it is a problem with the device and they cannot help...that's y I was trying to get some help here on the forum as someone else could also have faced the same issue and can help me with their experience...

Thanks for explaining. I apologize I neglected to put the settings link yesterday--you'll want to check your settings:
http://compixels.com/8630/manual-3g-settings-for-airtel-vodafone-idea-bsnl-docomo-more

gmm8877

Jul 25, 2012
Hyderabad

pbergonzi

Jun 14, 2013
Mesa, AZ

Besides the firmware update, there has been a separate radio update.
I think these are the most recent updates:
Software number is 2.14.531.30 710RD
Baseband version is 1.15.550L.08DC_30.80.550L16D

It's possible that your phone will work with them.

Does anyone else agree?

pbergonzi

Jun 14, 2013
Mesa, AZ
how do i do this

how do I try them.. I mean what do I need to do..

You may be able to just put the official OTA on your exernal SD card and flash through recovery--not quite sure yet.
I gotta see some of the settings info, so for starters go into your settings->about phone, screenshot the page that appears and also scroll down to any new pages, and post screenshots here.
How to screenshot:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1885386
After that, reboot the phone into recovery following these instructions, and screenshot the recovery screen and post it here also:
Power the phone off and wait about 10 seconds after the screen goes black to be sure it's off->hold Volume Down button, while doing so press the Power button, and release both buttons.
The phone will boot to bootloader, should say hboot up top, and have a little list below it.
If you can't screenshot it via the previous method, note if at the top of the page is says Locked or Unlocked, and if it says "S-Off" or "S-On", and note the version of hboot so you can post the info here.
Use the power down button to highlight the list item "Recovery", and then press and release the Power button to enter the recovery. After recovery loads, note if it returns to a screen just like the hboot screen, or if says in it "TWRP", "CWM", or "4EXT" or any such other thing, and screenshot that or get the info and post that here also.
Now that you've learned what sort of state the phone's in, you can reboot from whichever screen you're on, and have your phone back to normal.
Once you're back with your phone booted, you'll find a screenshots folder in gallery most likely, else you'll have to search the phone with a file manager app or google to find it, but check the gallery first.
After that we'll look for the proper update and update method for you.
Hopefully by then someone else will come along and say something like "All he needs to do is download this "Official OTA" [link included] and put it on the SD card and flash it via hboot"--hopefully, 'cause I may be making this more complicated than it needs to be.

Here, let me repeat that, "Hopefully by then someone else will come along and say something like "All he needs to do is download this "Official OTA" [link included] and put it on the SD card and flash it via hboot"--hopefully, 'cause I may be making this more complicated than it needs to be."

gmm8877

Jul 25, 2012
Hyderabad
In bootloader, it is showing as:
Unlocked
RUBY PVT SHIP S-OFF RL
HBOOT-1.93.0003
OpenADSP-v02.6.0.226.00.0202

IN RECOVERY: Team Win Recovery Project v2.3.3.0

I have also added screenshots as attachments for the about phone setting menus.

You may be able to just put the official OTA on your exernal SD card and flash through recovery--not quite sure yet.
I gotta see some of the settings info, so for starters go into your settings->about phone, screenshot the page that appears and also scroll down to any new pages, and post screenshots here.
How to screenshot:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1885386
After that, reboot the phone into recovery following these instructions, and screenshot the recovery screen and post it here also:
Power the phone off and wait about 10 seconds after the screen goes black to be sure it's off->hold Volume Down button, while doing so press the Power button, and release both buttons.
The phone will boot to bootloader, should say hboot up top, and have a little list below it.
If you can't screenshot it via the previous method, note if at the top of the page is says Locked or Unlocked, and if it says "S-Off" or "S-On", and note the version of hboot so you can post the info here.
Use the power down button to highlight the list item "Recovery", and then press and release the Power button to enter the recovery. After recovery loads, note if it returns to a screen just like the hboot screen, or if says in it "TWRP", "CWM", or "4EXT" or any such other thing, and screenshot that or get the info and post that here also.
Now that you've learned what sort of state the phone's in, you can reboot from whichever screen you're on, and have your phone back to normal.
Once you're back with your phone booted, you'll find a screenshots folder in gallery most likely, else you'll have to search the phone with a file manager app or google to find it, but check the gallery first.
After that we'll look for the proper update and update method for you.
Hopefully by then someone else will come along and say something like "All he needs to do is download this "Official OTA" [link included] and put it on the SD card and flash it via hboot"--hopefully, 'cause I may be making this more complicated than it needs to be.

Here, let me repeat that, "Hopefully by then someone else will come along and say something like "All he needs to do is download this "Official OTA" [link included] and put it on the SD card and flash it via hboot"--hopefully, 'cause I may be making this more complicated than it needs to be."

pbergonzi

Jun 14, 2013
Mesa, AZ
can't find the India ICS RUU for flash.

Unlocked
RUBY PVT SHIP S-OFF RL
HBOOT-1.93.0003

You did a good job with that--thanks. Hey, you're in good shape--everything is new enough.
You need to Super CID your phone, and then flash a rom for one of your local (in India) carriers.

Super CID instructions:
http://unlimited.io/juopunutbear.htm

ROM for carriers:
Sorry I can't provide the link--I'm having a helluva tough time searching.
Maybe by the time you've Super Cid'ed your phone, someone else will tell us where to find a proper ICS RUU for India.

Last edited:

gmm8877

Jul 25, 2012
Hyderabad
Thank you

Thank you for taking out time for helping me...can any other rom (other than the T-mobile) working... and I dont know what is RUU..lol.. I am pretty new to these terms.:laugh:

You did a good job with that--thanks. Hey, you're in good shape--everything is new enough.
You need to Super CID your phone, and then flash a rom for one of your local (in India) carriers.

Super CID instructions:

ROM for carriers:
Maybe by the time you've Super Cid'ed your phone, someone else will tell us where to find a proper ICS RUU for India.

pbergonzi

Jun 14, 2013
Mesa, AZ
Super CID, RUU

Thank you for taking out time for helping me...can any other rom (other than the T-mobile) working... and I dont know what is RUU..lol.. I am pretty new to these terms.:laugh:

In order to use the phone in your country you need to have one of your carrier's firmware on the phone so it is compatible.
You can't put their firmware on your phone until after you've performed "Super CID". After performing that, other carrier's firmware can be flashed to the phone.
RUU restores the phone to factory condition. Let's not concern ourselves with that just yet--follow the instructions to Super CID.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

GSM:
    850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz

UMTS:

Data:

data

How about ask your local service person for the correct settings, or hopefully someone on this board who lives in your area can post theirs.
    Is there an OTA specific to your phone?

While not the case with you currently, it may be important if you travel--there are some areas where certain carriers don't have that coverage:
    http://support.chinavasion.com/index.php?_a=viewarticle&_m=knowledgebase&kbarticleid=227

data

can't find the India ICS RUU for flash.

Unlocked
    RUBY PVT SHIP S-OFF RL
    HBOOT-1.93.0003

Super CID instructions:

ROM for carriers: