to 1. i don`t know if it is possible...
to 2. this i the "new" way add widgets to teh homescreen...the possibility from 2.3.6 comes maybe back with Android 4.4
to 3. on my CM10.2 i haven`t find any possibility...
to 3. i remove apps with a file-manager with mounting the root system as writeable and go to system/app then remove or move it to sdcard ...that`s all ...
to 4. CM 10.1 is Android 4.2.2 and you`re right it is based on AOSP ... but the difference between the Version of Samsung are more not needful apps and the other UI ...why do you want the version of S3 or S4 ...the based android version is 4.2.2 in both ways i9000, i9001 or s3 or s4 ...
Hope i can help you with some questions ...
Originally Posted by Xellero
Hey there. I recently upgraded from stock 2.3.6 to cyanogenmod 10.1 android 4.2.2 on my Galaxy S Plus and it is quite the difference. I really like it so far but because it is such a big change, i have some random questions about it.
1. In 2.3.6 you could re-organize apps in the drawer as you wanted by tapping menu -> edit. How can you do this in 4.2.2 ? (i know this depends on the launcher, i only tired nova launcher and cm default trebuchet launcher). - (the 4.2.2 default launcher does this ?) (what is the best launcher for 4.2.2?)
2. in 2.3.6 by tapping the menu button at homescreen it displays add widget , shortcuts wallpapers etc. How can you do this in 4.2.2 ? (the only way to add widgets is by going into app drawer -> widgets ?)
3. Where is the repeat button in the Apollo Music Player ? (or should i change to something else?)
3. How can i not install / remove default apps that comes with the rom? (like the default browser because i switched to chrome)
4. If i understand correctly cyanogenmod is based on ASOP and is pure android. What about the android 4.2.2 that comes with galaxy s4 or s3 ? Could we have that on our Galaxy S Plus ?
I would like to keep it as clean as possible without installing tons of apps to modify the rom. Thanks
Samsung Galaxy S I9000 (SGS)
Running Pawitp`s CyanogenMod 11-Nightly (KITKAT)
Stratosk`s Sema-Kernel 3.4.0s (based on Pawitp`s Kernel) including BigMem-Libs
Many Thanks to the amazing Devs here - what would our Galaxy S be without you
Android is great
, CM is greater
and it gets better
Don`t forget to hit the "Thanks" Button