[ROM][UCLB3]Simply Spartan

Search This thread

NeoMustain

Sep 20, 2009
Spar·tan [spahr-tn]
adjective
sternly disciplined and rigorously simple, frugal, or austere.

simplyspartan.jpg

UCLB3 modified for just that much more functionality needed for average user and good battery life.

Removed:
All AT&T and Samsung Bloatware.

Modified:
14 Toggle quickpanel (Thanks Lidroid)
EPM (Thanks Dman)
Little theming and transparent Dialer.
DD's Entropy Kernel.

Works:
Everything. Only HDMI is not tested. GPS, Bluetooth Audio, Facebook Sync all work.

Installation:
1. Download the ZIP
2. Place on your Internal SD card
3. Boot into CWM(Red perfered)
4. Wipe data/cache/dalvik cache
5. Select Install from SD Card
6. Select SimplySpartan.zip
7. Reboot and Enjoy!
8. Let the ROM settle for a good 5 Minutes.

If coming from Froyo make sure you have GB bootloaders.

Suggestions:
I use this with Go LauncherEX and the two gel very well. You could install any of the Tweaks like Supercharger or Adrenaline Shot.

Who could use this ROM: If you like the innumerable addons like lockscreens and stuff, perhaps you will not like this ROM. The average user who needs little more functionality and better battery life would benefit. This has been my daily driver for last 3 weeks. No crashes.

DISCLAIMER!
I am not responsible for any damage done to you or your device when flashing this ROM or other packages for, from or anywhere around this ROM/Topic. You have been warned!​

Thanks To:
Dman (Modding Tutorial for EPM Mod)
Nunhugger(Advice)
Entropy(Kernel)
Bigfau (Inspiration)
Qkster (Advice and inspiration)
Lidroid (14 QP Toggle mod).
Let me know if I missed you out.

Download:
http://goo.gl/D6GF1

PS: Wallpaper and Launcher in Screens are not built into ROM. You must customize it yourself as explained above (Go Launcher).

Last edited:

Clark Joseph Kent

Senior Mod / Moderator & RC-RT Committees Lead
Staff member
Dec 17, 2011
www.marines.com
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
That's absolutely correct. Some users face problems due to addons and the ROM gets a bad name.
A have a bad name? Anyway, congrats on the release. Look forward to seeing you grow.

I believe it's ment...unknowing & unwilling users...grrr among themselves...because of their lack of wanting to learn their systems add on`s or tweaks....so they blame the ROM....when we know a lil research...they see how powerful and great the add on`s & tweaks really are for all these ROMs...IMHO :D

Btw SS....looking nice...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using xda premium

mg2195

Dec 5, 2011
RSM
Been running your rom all day and no problems :)

Good work, and keep it up...i love seeing the infuse development grow with more and more people becoming devs :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using XDA

Wilkij

Nov 16, 2011
Knoxville
OnePlus 8
Samsung Galaxy S21+
Great ROM

Great concept, simple is best, current is good. I have tried ROMs in the past just to get a legible, informative battery icon ... please don't change this.

You should be a little more complete in your OP describing the ROM. I wasn't sure if this ROM would be rooted, etc. Was glad that it was.

Keep up the good work (but only when necessary). ;)

Reactions: NeoMustain

NeoMustain

Sep 20, 2009
Thanks Wilkij for appreciation. Entropy's Kernel implies root. So I did not specifically mention about the Rooted part. All custom ROMs here will be rooted unless otherwise indicated.
Just put in Go Launcher as I recomended and you will get a lot of customisation. My screens are with Go launcher with ICS theme.

qkster

Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 5, 2011
USA
Thanks Wilkij for appreciation. Entropy's Kernel implies root. So I did not specifically mention about the Rooted part. All custom ROMs here will be rooted unless otherwise indicated.
Just put in Go Launcher as I recomended and you will get a lot of customisation. My screens are with Go launcher with ICS theme.

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=22614470&postcount=77

Just a subtle difference here.

Just flashing entropy's kernel will give you cwm recovery that he has included.
I'm not certain it installs busybox and su to give you the "root" access you are looking for.
The uclb3 base that you used was "rooted" by dman using the infusion kernel and adding busybox and su to the rom.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Spar·tan [spahr-tn]
    adjective
    sternly disciplined and rigorously simple, frugal, or austere.

simplyspartan.jpg

UCLB3 modified for just that much more functionality needed for average user and good battery life.

Removed:
    All AT&T and Samsung Bloatware.

Modified:
    14 Toggle quickpanel (Thanks Lidroid)
    EPM (Thanks Dman)
    Little theming and transparent Dialer.
    DD's Entropy Kernel.

Works:
    Everything. Only HDMI is not tested. GPS, Bluetooth Audio, Facebook Sync all work.

Installation:
    1. Download the ZIP
    2. Place on your Internal SD card
    3. Boot into CWM(Red perfered)
    4. Wipe data/cache/dalvik cache
    5. Select Install from SD Card
    6. Select SimplySpartan.zip
    7. Reboot and Enjoy!
    8. Let the ROM settle for a good 5 Minutes.

If coming from Froyo make sure you have GB bootloaders.

Suggestions:
    I use this with Go LauncherEX and the two gel very well. You could install any of the Tweaks like Supercharger or Adrenaline Shot.

Who could use this ROM: If you like the innumerable addons like lockscreens and stuff, perhaps you will not like this ROM. The average user who needs little more functionality and better battery life would benefit. This has been my daily driver for last 3 weeks. No crashes.

DISCLAIMER!
    I am not responsible for any damage done to you or your device when flashing this ROM or other packages for, from or anywhere around this ROM/Topic. You have been warned!​

Thanks To:
    Dman (Modding Tutorial for EPM Mod)
    Nunhugger(Advice)
    Entropy(Kernel)
    Bigfau (Inspiration)
    Qkster (Advice and inspiration)
    Lidroid (14 QP Toggle mod).
    Let me know if I missed you out.

Download:
    http://goo.gl/D6GF1

PS: Wallpaper and Launcher in Screens are not built into ROM. You must customize it yourself as explained above (Go Launcher).
    Nice, Neo.

Good job.

Seems like I inspired a few of these Spartan like ROM. :D

Great job, bro.
    Bump

That's why he posted it on the op to let the user decide those add ons.

Been running your rom all day and no problems :)

Good work, and keep it up...i love seeing the infuse development grow with more and more people becoming devs :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using XDA