[ROM] // NexusMod ICS 2 Zero // [RETIRED]

Search This thread

onurd

Oct 31, 2004
Does this rom have to contacts application that tries to contact the AT&T servers to synchronized your contacts (I cannot recall the full name, something like AT&T Contact Sync or so) as well as the YellowPages (YP) as the first contact?

Can you start the wifi tethering off the settings menu or do you have to use extended menu if you are not provisioned for tethering?

cmlohff

May 6, 2009
Does this rom have to contacts application that tries to contact the AT&T servers to synchronized your contacts (I cannot recall the full name, something like AT&T Contact Sync or so) as well as the YellowPages (YP) as the first contact?

Can you start the wifi tethering off the settings menu or do you have to use extended menu if you are not provisioned for tethering?

It has the contacts app that you mentioned, but it stops contacting the server after a while, or it has for me at least. YP is the first contact as well. I believe MOD is going to fix this in the next release.

As for tethering, I am not entirely sure. I think you have to use the extended menu.

Drew489

Aug 21, 2010
New Hampshire
Love the ROM but getting terrible battery life. 5.5 hours! Fwiw, I've been flashing ROMS since my G1...not a rookie, I was getting 12 hours with same apps in GB...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA

cmlohff

May 6, 2009
Love the ROM but getting terrible battery life. 5.5 hours! Fwiw, I've been flashing ROMS since my G1...not a rookie, I was getting 12 hours with same apps in GB...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA

As inconvenient as it might be, try wiping and reflashing. I am getting an average of 24 hours with some data usage, heavy wifi and cell usage.

Sathed

Aug 26, 2011
Utah
As inconvenient as it might be, try wiping and reflashing. I am getting an average of 24 hours with some data usage, heavy wifi and cell usage.

I second this. My phone has been unplugged for 7 hours and I'm at 81% still, with decent data usage, fairly heavy wifi usage, and push notifications for twitter and Gmail.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium

Reactions: M0D1441

bman151

Sep 10, 2010
St. Louis, MO
OK so at this point this is what I want to include next ROM.

-100% Functional ICS AOSP Lock screen
-Fully functional busybox
-15 Toggle Mod
-romracer's new base
-Improved theme
-build.prop tweaks rethought
-init.d support for compatible kernels
-Debloated tiny bit more
-Improved updater-script on romracer's behalf, in addition to his new base
-Tethering
-Themed Dialer
-Fixed contacts
-AOSP ICS Themed settings

Anything I left out?

Sent via flare
Great ROM!

If it is not to much trouble add the "-No Ads (Host File)" that you included in the UCALC4 version. Otherwise there are apps for that.

M0D1441

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 28, 2011
ATX
when tethering, and if I want to watch Hulu, it won't load due to ad block
so how would I go about watching hulu while tether and still have ad block active?

I would say, replace the host file in system/etc with the stock one and use an adbocking app of your preference

Sent via flare

beaups

Senior Recognized Developer
Nov 28, 2007
Dublin, OH
What makes these roms considered "AOSP Like"? I look at settings, touchwiz. Contacts, touchwiz. Dialer, touchwiz. Mail, touchwiz. etc. etc.

Sathed

Aug 26, 2011
Utah
What makes these roms considered "AOSP Like"? I look at settings, touchwiz. Contacts, touchwiz. Dialer, touchwiz. Mail, touchwiz. etc. etc.

You are correct. But you'll also notice that it is "beta". Once a final RC is ready, you won't see any touhwiz stuff at all.

It's a process to get to 100% AOSP, or at least close to 100%. It can't be done overnight. M0D is working very hard to get this ROM to that point, but it doesn't happen overnight.

bluerap04

Dec 30, 2010
You are correct. But you'll also notice that it is "beta". Once a final RC is ready, you won't see any touhwiz stuff at all.

It's a process to get to 100% AOSP, or at least close to 100%. It can't be done overnight. M0D is working very hard to get this ROM to that point, but it doesn't happen overnight.

I'm liking the direction this ROM is taking. Is it also going to feature all AOSP apps as well (camera, messenger, etc.)? I haven't found a ROM for our Skyrockets yet that come fully equiped with AOSP apps.

Earlier today I flashed CM9 my brother's GSII Epic 4G Touch (Spint). I must say I totally envy him now..

beaups

Senior Recognized Developer
Nov 28, 2007
Dublin, OH

Don't get me wrong, I think it's a great rom. MOD has many great rom's. But I keep seeing "AOSP like" and AOSP in the thread titles and they really aren't even close to AOSP. Nice? Yes. AOSP? No.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Introduction to ROM
    -M0D1441

// NexusMod 5 //
    [UCLF6/4.0.4]

Features

-AT&T UCLF2 (Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.4)
    -No CIQ
    -Debloated
    -Deodexed
    -Zipaligned
    -Legit battery life
    -Crazy Fast
    -Minimal Touchwiz apps
    -Awesome build.prop tweaks
    -Custom Samsung Messaging from UnNamed ROM (Thank you gtg465x)
    -CM9 Ringtones
    -Kernal: romracer's Unsecure ICS Kernel (thank you romracer)
    -CM9 Trebuchet Launcher
    -No AT&T logo in Status Bar

Included Apps

Apps
    -Quick Settings (Tip: Hold Search)
    -Titanium Backup
    -Rom Manager

Like my ROM? Hit thanks! It takes great dedication and effort to create NexusMod, and a simple thanks can show that you appreciate what I do ;)
    Downloads and Installation

// Downloads //

NexusMod 5 (UCLF6)
    Packages marked with UPDATE are set not to wipe.

[Initial Release] Build 5 Rev.0
    Wipe Advised

Radios

I727UCLF6

// NexusMod Changelog //

Code:
    [CENTER] Build 5 Rev.0

-BLUH
    -BLUH
    -BLUH[/CENTER]

// How to Install NexusMod //

1) Download ROM
    2) Place on SD Card
    3) Boot into ClockWorkMod Recovery Touch (Hold Volume Down + Volume Up* + Power until first SAMSUNG logo disappears) *If on AT&T
    4) "wipe data/factory reset"
    5) "wipe catch partition"
    6) Go to "mounts and storage" and "format system"
    7) Go to "advanced" and "Wipe Dalvik Cache"
    8) "install zip from sdcard" then "choose zip from sdcard" and navigate to the ROM and install
    9) "reboot system now" and enjoy! First boot will take longer than usual

Some Lengthening letters. The non +10char way.​
    Special Thanks

// Special Thanks //

I'd like to give special thanks to the following people. Without them this ROM wouldn't have been possible.

romracer
    DesignGears
    My Therapist :p

By popular request, I have added a donation button
    As i make ROMS for my own pleasure, I do not dare ask for them, but any donation is greatly appreciated :D
    Is there any way to take the theming and apps from this and apply them to the new leak? I'm say this won't be updated since the new leak is a much bigger improvement than the previous was.

Which makes sense because the last one was built like two weeks after the first leak and the new one was built like 6 weeks after.
    Alright, As soon as i get my hands on romracer's base and kernel, NexusMod ICS/Zero 2 is coming :)
    Thanks a bunch MOD! This ROM is running excellent on my T989 with Yaldak's rotate fix and M&S ICS LB7 radio.

For all you guys that want ICS Apps like Contacts and Phone dialer and MMS and what not download the file I included. It includes a bunch of inverted ICS Apps from **Dan_Brutal's** ROM so THANK HIM!

Go check his ICS ROM out as well over at Rootzwiki: http://rootzwiki.com/topic/24434-alpharomsiriusbicsdeficient-development/

These Apps work nice on NexusMod B12 so big props to him.

To download the AOSP files: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/39522592/AOSP Patch.zip

List of included apps from HIS rom:
    MMS
    Browser
    Contacts
    Phone
    Camera
    Desk Clock
    Music
    Gmail
    Play Store
    Talk