[Q] Note-II N7100 Power Button

Search This thread
Jan 23, 2008
Hi,

My Note-II has some issues with the power button, most probably something with the power chip.
The Technicians say that repairing it might leave the phone useless.

I was OK with that as I was using a widget to put the phone to sleep and using some battery removal tweaks to start it if it was switched off.

The problem now is that my phone is still on 4.1.2 I am in Oman my friends having the same model and build got the update but I haven't received it yet so thought I would upgrade manually via Odin or maybe Root it.

Is there any way I could put the phone in Recovery Mode without using the power button????

Please suggest a work around.

TIA

:)

geekynoob

Sep 25, 2011
New Delhi
Hi,

My Note-II has some issues with the power button, most probably something with the power chip.
The Technicians say that repairing it might leave the phone useless.

I was OK with that as I was using a widget to put the phone to sleep and using some battery removal tweaks to start it if it was switched off.

The problem now is that my phone is still on 4.1.2 I am in Oman my friends having the same model and build got the update but I haven't received it yet so thought I would upgrade manually via Odin or maybe Root it.

Is there any way I could put the phone in Recovery Mode without using the power button????

Please suggest a work around.

TIA

:)

Strange question lol...
If you are rooted you can use quick reboot app to boot into recovery...
Not an issue..

And prefer rooting and updating Cz official updates give you knox.. And thats what most of the people dont want...

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Jan 23, 2008
Yes I know it's a strange situation.
No I'm not rooted.
I want to enter recovery to either root the phone or just update it.

But as the power button is messed up so I can't do any of the above by the normal method.

I need to know if there is any other method to enter the recovery...